Arizona should begin to form militias...

WHY doesn't Brewer declare a state of emergency and deploy the NG to fight the drug war? Could it be that her agenda is similar to Bobby Jindall's...whine that someone is not doing something that she could do herself?

Holder and the Bama are whining and complaining that it's their job, not hers. So what's their agenda? To fuck things up so bad that we have to do it their way just to get anything done?

MMMM.....yep, that sounds about right.
Drug problems are a law enforcement issue more than an immigration issue.

You didn't answer the question I asked.

One thing for sure.

What a government FAILS to protect its own citizens from an invasion from a foreign power, or as in this case from a FOREIGN PEOPLE, then that government has FAILED to do its NUMBER ONE JOB.

At least that's this so called liberal's view of the matter.

I'm not in AZ, so I really do not know how bad things are there.

So I'll leave it up to the sense of the people of AZ to determine what their needs are.

But the PEOPLE have the RIGHT to protect themselves if their GOVERNMENT can not or will not do so.
Yes, how bad is it really? They are now starting an ad campaign saying it isn't really that bad because all their sqwaking has hurt tourism. I suspect it is BAD because it is an election year.

Well that is the question, isn't it?

We live in a world where we can no longer rely on the media to give us unbiased reporting.

I don't know anyone in AZ, so I really have no idea how bad things are there.

That is exactly why I leave that sort of thing to the "good people" of AZ.

I have little doubt that if the reports are overblown, then the good people of AZ will know it.

And if the reports are accurate, then the good people of AZ will take the steps necessary to defend themselves and their homes.

If the government cannot or will not do the minimum thing that is demanded of every government (to protect their people from harm) then really... that government is worthless and the people owe that government no alligiance whatever.

Bear in mind that just doesn't hold for the good people of AZ.

I feel exactly the same way for good people living in economic shitholes (read most slums in the USA) all over the nation, too.

Our governments have failed them, so I can't blame them for defending themselves, either.

Doesn't matter what color they are, or what their politics are, people have the right to defend themselves if their GOVERMENTS consistently fail to do so.

Cause if a government won't or cannot AT LEAST protect you from harm by invaders or criminals, you owe that government absolutely nothing.

Why not declare Washington DC a failed state and have Obama on lockdown for the rest of his term?

If AZ tried to use the National Guard then Obama could just as easily use his powers and federalize those AZ guard, deploying them elsewhere much to the chagrin of the AZ governor. The idea of a modern civilian militia being organized to ntervene in such matters is not too far fetched a notion in this case.

Does the governor have no say in the matter?

Not much. The guard was almost entirely federalized 3 years ago. The will of the joint chiefs and the president outweigh the needs of the state. See the John Warner Defense Bill. This bill originally abandoned the concept of Posse Comitatus but that section was later repealed not that it really makes any difference anymore as the U.S. military has clearly demonstrated it's intention to carry out civilian law enforcement despite the illegality. I'm of course talking regualr military here, not NG when it comes to Posse Commitatus.

If AZ tried to use the National Guard then Obama could just as easily use his powers and federalize those AZ guard, deploying them elsewhere much to the chagrin of the AZ governor. The idea of a modern civilian militia being organized to ntervene in such matters is not too far fetched a notion in this case.

Does the governor have no say in the matter?

Not much. The guard was almost entirely federalized 3 years ago. The will of the joint chiefs and the president outweigh the needs of the state. See the John Warner Defense Bill. This bill originally abandoned the concept of Posse Comitatus but that section was later repealed not that it really makes any difference anymore as the U.S. military has clearly demonstrated it's intention to carry out civilian law enforcement despite the illegality. I'm of course talking regualr military here, not NG when it comes to Posse Commitatus.

Thanks for the info. Whar are you reffering to when you say " U.S. military has clearly demonstrated it's intention to carry out civilian law enforcement despite the illegality?"

see the video here;
Hidden Cameras on the Arizona Border 2: Drugs, Guns and 850 Illegal Aliens | Center for Immigration Studies
commentary about video;
"The hidden camera footage, acquired from a variety of sources, indicates that there is an unfortunate lack of federal law enforcement presence on Arizona’s federal land on the border in Nogales, in the Coronado National Forest (15 miles inside the border), and the Casa Grande Sector (80 miles inside the border). Also significant to the story are responses received as part of Freedom of Information Act requests made by Janice Kephart, the Center’s Director of National Security Studies, in August 2009. Featured in the film is a 2004 federal government PowerPoint showing the near-complete devastation of a borderland national park due to illegal-alien activity, highlighting the disconnect between the situation on the ground in Arizona and Washington rhetoric."

and in keeping with the title of the thread, here is a link to the Arizona Citizen's Militia
Arizona Citizens Militia

In my part of the state illegals intentionally burned a mountain to deflect attention from their smuggling activities in the Apache Sitgraves National Forest. A Bald Eagle nesting site was lost, as well as 750 acres of forest and grass.

The citizen's militia is openly patrolling the local highways and are even patrolling the forest. I find myself living in a war zone that used to be a nice peaceful place to live.

Given the choice between supporting the federal government and the citizen's militia, I will take the militia guys any and every day of the week.

One of my friends in town is an attorney and has already drawn up a lawsuit against the county, state and even the town for allowing illegals to set up 'safe houses' in our town. He plans to file it as soon as SB1070 goes into effect Thursday.

Things are going to get better as soon as it becomes clear that Arizona means business about illegal immigration. I bet things get worse in California and New Mexico though.

Anyone care to predict how long it will take for the rest of the country to adopt the Arizona law?

Mexico is not too hep on fighting wars......except maybe they will the USA.....and they just might win......LOL! LOL!.....of course, only when you ask THEM.

Forum List

Back