Arizona Rep gets bomb threat for opposing immigrant crackdown

Arizona Rep gets bomb threat for opposing immigrant crackdown | Raw Story

This bullshit needs to stop. No matter you stand on the political spectrum, every single citizen of this country has a right to say what they want without the threat of violence on any issue like this.

It still amazes me that the republican's will not stand up and fully denounce a damn death threat! But then again, nothing suprises me about the modern day party. My grandfather used to be a strong republican but he says he no longer has ANYONE to vote for. He doesn't like the democrats but he sure as hell don't like what the right has become.
I seriously believe with all my heart, it will take another right-wing extremist to blow up a building or something else horrific (like McVeigh) to get rethugs to stand up and denounce what they are quickly becoming.

I haven't heard any one on the left denouncing Norman Leboon or his actions.

Shit, I fully denounce this idiot. I don't think it deserves a whole press conference from the dems, because he also threatened President Obama. But what we are seeing from the right is a trend. This is what, death threat #8 or #9?

Last edited:

This bullshit needs to stop. No matter you stand on the political spectrum, every single citizen of this country has a right to say what they want without the threat of violence on any issue like this.

It still amazes me that the republican's will not stand up and fully denounce a damn death threat! But then again, nothing suprises me about the modern day party. My grandfather used to be a strong republican but he says he no longer has ANYONE to vote for. He doesn't like the democrats but he sure as hell don't like what the right has become.
I seriously believe with all my heart, it will take another right-wing extremist to blow up a building or something else horrific (like McVeigh) to get rethugs to stand up and denounce what they are quickly becoming.

I haven't heard any one on the left denouncing Norman Leboon or his actions.

Stuff that makes you say hmmmmm

Norman Leboon

The initial portrait emerging of the man charged with threatening to kill Eric Cantor and his family suggests he's made similar, if not criminally actionable, threats on dozens of occasions against an ideologically diverse array of public figures.

According to the federal complaint against him, Norman Leboon of Philadelphia has admitted making some 2,000 videos that contained threats. A sampling of his "work" reveals rambling incoherent videos that mix pseudo-religious incantations with random warnings and threats. In one video he addresses President Obama, Vice President Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid by name and says, "Your punishment is coming, the swine, it will be severe, and you will beg for mercy to your god, it will be severe, you will know god's swine, god has warned you." (Some conservatives are already chortling over the fact that Leboon contributed to Obama's 2008 campaign, though it's not clear what that's supposed to signify.)

What To Make of Norman Leboon? | Talking Points Memo

So find us someone who doesn't have a psychotic god complex and hasn't made the same threats against democratic politicians, and we'll talk.

That was just sad.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal

After Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) called for a boycott of his own state should the GOP's immigrant crackdown bill become law, an unnamed individual allegedly threatened on Friday to blow up his Tucson office and murder his staff, according to published reports.

In response, Grijalva announced the closure of his offices in Tucson and Yuma later that night. While they are expected to reopen on Monday and the FBI is looking into the alleged threat, to Democrats across Arizona the message is abundantly clear: do not speak out against the state's immigration crackdown, or else.

The congressman had in recent days sparked a political firestorm by calling on businesses and organizations to boycott his state over its recently-passed immigration reforms that, in the name of cracking down on illegal Mexican immigration, empowers authorities to detain and interrogate anyone based solely on the officer's judgement of behavior and appearance.

Adam Sarvana, a spokesman for Rep.Grijalva, told The Arizona Daily Star that another man who called twice "threatened to go down there and blow everyone's brains out then go to the border to shoot Mexicans."

Of course you're 100% correct, rawsong.

But, if I were that guy's campaign manager and I had zero ethics (sorta kinda a prerequisite for the job) I'd have had a stranger read that threat-script off from a truck stop pay phone for $20.

Not sayin' it's a hoax, not saying the FBI should not investigate, nor that folks aren't entitled to feel pissed off. But look at the impact on the media, rawsong.

It's a game-changer. All the reps in AZ just shut up, even according to you. Hoax or not, that's bad for all of us citizens...but it may be great for someone.

*DUH*

rawsong = Rawsong?

Hint, hint Madeline = p*****.

What the hell are YOU doing here? Why did you never tell me about this place?

How's that chick you been seeing? She still treating you right?

*Wavies and warm hugs*

After Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) called for a boycott of his own state should the GOP's immigrant crackdown bill become law, an unnamed individual allegedly threatened on Friday to blow up his Tucson office and murder his staff, according to published reports.

In response, Grijalva announced the closure of his offices in Tucson and Yuma later that night. While they are expected to reopen on Monday and the FBI is looking into the alleged threat, to Democrats across Arizona the message is abundantly clear: do not speak out against the state's immigration crackdown, or else.

The congressman had in recent days sparked a political firestorm by calling on businesses and organizations to boycott his state over its recently-passed immigration reforms that, in the name of cracking down on illegal Mexican immigration, empowers authorities to detain and interrogate anyone based solely on the officer's judgement of behavior and appearance.

Adam Sarvana, a spokesman for Rep.Grijalva, told The Arizona Daily Star that another man who called twice "threatened to go down there and blow everyone's brains out then go to the border to shoot Mexicans."

Of course you're 100% correct, rawsong.

But, if I were that guy's campaign manager and I had zero ethics (sorta kinda a prerequisite for the job) I'd have had a stranger read that threat-script off from a truck stop pay phone for $20.

Not sayin' it's a hoax, not saying the FBI should not investigate, nor that folks aren't entitled to feel pissed off. But look at the impact on the media, rawsong.

It's a game-changer. All the reps in AZ just shut up, even according to you. Hoax or not, that's bad for all of us citizens...but it may be great for someone.

'I'm Not Saying Your Mother's a Whore': How Fox News Censored Jon Stewart vs. Bill O'Reilly - Jon Stewart - Gawker
I know what this is. I come from Jersey—it's the same thing: "I'm not saying your mother's a whore. I'm just saying she has sex for money.
:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how we always ONLY hear about a PROGRESSIVE-Democrat getting all these so called THREATS.

Man they must be a threat magnet.

and this article came from someplace called rawstory. nuff said.

Forum List

Back