Arizona increased penalties for idiots who block roads

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
This is a good thing. Protesting is one thing and it's the American way, but lately the mobs have taken things way too far. Actually stopping people from speaking or preventing them from getting to their destination is not free speech. It's anti-free speech and I'm glad that the penalties just increased for those who don't allow others to express themselves. You know the libs would form lynch mobs if protesters stopped Hillary from getting to her rally by blocking highways or threw fire bombs and fired shots outside of her rallies. Then the shit would hit the fan, but the left has just laughed at the criminal activity of those calling themselves anti-Trump protesters.

If those are the type of people that don't like Trump, it makes him look that much better. Who wants a leader that a bunch of thugs would choose?

"In Arizona, it just became a lot more dangerous to carry out a protest that blocks traffic.

Gov. Doug Ducey signed into law a piece of legislation that makes longer jail sentences possible for blocking traffic during protests — here’s looking at you, Trump protesters.

The law will take effect on Aug. 6 and exponentially increases the maximum penalty from 30 days and $500 to six months and a $2,500 fine.

The legislation also prevents public colleges and universities from restricting "noncommercial expressive activity," according to Your West Valley. That actually was the original plan for the bill, HB 2548. The piece is long overdue — the limitation of free speech at a public institution is not only immoral, but pretty clearly unconstitutional.

Before the bill was finished, it was decided that legislators would add the authority for stiffer sentences for those who block traffic en route to political rallies and government meetings — readers may remember how likely Republican nominee Donald Trump was blocked from entering a rally in Arizona back in march due to a mass of protesters.

"These bills protect free speech throughout our college campuses and also ensure an individual’s right to engage in free speech isn’t shut down by someone else who disagrees with his or her perspective," Ducey said."

http://conservativetribune.com/arizona-fed-up-trump-protest/can/x/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=THENewVoice&utm_campaign=manualpost

If an illegal alien is arrested for breaking these laws, they should be deported immediately and barred from returning. If they sneak in again and get caught then a long jail term before getting deported again should be mandatory.

I worry about the idiocy of blocking roads from an emergency point of view.

If your house is on fire you need a fire department pronto. If you're having "the big one" and stroking out you need medics asap or if you are already in the ambulance you need to get to a hospital.

If someone is being held at gunpoint or there is a domestic going on and you need the police there better be no one in the way.

I tell ya, if somebody dies because of lack of access due to a blocked road by asshole protestors I would want the whole lot of them charged with manslaughter.

Democrats dont care if buildings burn down and people die when they block roads, whatever it takes for them to get thier welfare checks till they die

I don't get these protesters. It's been reported that Soros donated $15 million to get Hispanic groups protesting Trump and I bet some of these are doing it for the money. They contradict themselves. One minute, they are saying Trump is bad for America, which was probably a talking point fed to them. The next minute, they are screaming 'Viva Mexico' and burning American flags. All the protesters were holding Mexican flags.

And they show up angry and ready to riot. They aren't really protesters since they have no clear message. They are angry mobs who want to take over America and have shown their hatred for this country. They just can't stand the thought of a president who would actually uphold federal immigration laws. They've run roughshod over us for so long that they've come to think they have a right to do whatever they want here.

If these morons hate Trump so much, I'll vote for him just because his enemies are complete thugs. The fact that violent people with no regard for other people's safety like Hillary just tells me that they know she'll allow them to continue wreaking havoc.

Forum List

Back