Arizona immigrant law energizes Hispanics, Democrats

Arizona immigrant law energizes Hispanics, Democrats | Reuters

U.S. Hispanics and Democratic lawmakers furious over Arizona's harsh crackdown on illegal immigrants expect huge weekend rallies across the United States, piling pressure on President Barack Obama to overhaul immigration laws in this election year.

There is going to be backlash alright, but not the kind reuters is hoping for.

Most Americans are sick of the illeagals and their panderers, massive rallies in support of law breakers will really hurt the dems come Novemeber, as if they needed more pain.

Stop the lying bullshit. "most americans' I seriously doubt. Most americans are unaffected by illegal immigration.

And the problem with the law in Az is not tougher immigration stance but the vagueness of "anyone suspected of being illegal" can be forced to provide proof of citizenship, which sounds pretty discriminatory to me. The other aspects of the bill I have no problem with.
Imbecile.

there are millions of jobs americans won't due, when Nebraska tried to rum em out their economy almost shut down and they begged em to come back.

what a crock of shit.....i dont think aprox. 24 thousand illegals leaving are going to shut down Nebraska.....geezus we have more than that in the County i reside in....

Estimated number of Illegal Immigrants by state. Definition, graph and map.

I daho has more than his state. :lol: He said he had 20 million, but it ends up there is 5,000 in his state. :lol:

there are millions of jobs americans won't due, when Nebraska tried to rum em out their economy almost shut down and they begged em to come back.

Has anyone thought of hiring a student for a summer job, or go to the unemployment office and hire from there? Offer a fair wage from the employers, and you would be surprised at the turn out. Like I say, the work DOES get done here. So I still say bullshit on jobs Americans won't do.

your clueless, there are millions of jobs hs studends won't do

if they are raised right they will....

It's pretty interesting to compare what AZ is doing with Mexico's own immigration policy. Why don't we adopt Mexico's version and call it Even Steven?

We looked at the immigration provisions of the Mexican constitution. [1] Now let's look at Mexico's main immigration law.

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:
- Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)
- Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)
- Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)
- The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:
- Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
- A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
# A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:
- Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
- Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:
- Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
- Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
- Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,
- "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
- Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
- Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:
- A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
- Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

Immigration Reform? Let's Try Mexico's Immigration Law!

you forgot to add....many coming from south of Mexico and have to go through Mex. to get here....if caught, MANY are beaten all the way back to the border and robbed by those friendly honest Mexican cops....

what a crock of shit.....i dont think aprox. 24 thousand illegals leaving are going to shut down Nebraska.....geezus we have more than that in the County i reside in....

Estimated number of Illegal Immigrants by state. Definition, graph and map.

I daho has more than his state. :lol: He said he had 20 million, but it ends up there is 5,000 in his state. :lol:
It appears he can't spell gestapo either.

One part of this Arizona law, which disturbs me if true, is IF a person is detained and does NOT have proof of citizenship or work visa etc, they are, to my knowledge, going to be charged and sent to jail for 6 months? Without giving them 24-48 hours say to provide proof?

I am for parts of this Arizona law, we need to know who exactly is coming into the country, but if this provision is in there, it's absolutely insane to imprison anyone without giving them time to prove their side. I am really a little ticked over this. Apparently the law has some other questionable clauses etc which I have to research before making any further comments on something I am not familiar with 100%.

I know many Hispanics that are here legally are for this law, to a degree, many feel they had to follow the immigration laws and so should their fellow brothers and sisters.

This is obviously a very delicate issue and we can only hope people think before they act. Which in many cases is asking a lot.

Pertaining to the first part of your question about not having proof of citizenship the bill says - the person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 US code sect. 1373(c).
Must have proof from the Federal gov. before they are arrested and put in jail.
You can get the bill at az.gov, click on bills and enter # SB1070.

One part of this Arizona law, which disturbs me if true, is IF a person is detained and does NOT have proof of citizenship or work visa etc, they are, to my knowledge, going to be charged and sent to jail for 6 months? Without giving them 24-48 hours say to provide proof?

I am for parts of this Arizona law, we need to know who exactly is coming into the country, but if this provision is in there, it's absolutely insane to imprison anyone without giving them time to prove their side. I am really a little ticked over this. Apparently the law has some other questionable clauses etc which I have to research before making any further comments on something I am not familiar with 100%.

I know many Hispanics that are here legally are for this law, to a degree, many feel they had to follow the immigration laws and so should their fellow brothers and sisters.

This is obviously a very delicate issue and we can only hope people think before they act. Which in many cases is asking a lot.

Pertaining to the first part of your question about not having proof of citizenship the bill says - the person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 US code sect. 1373(c).
Must have proof from the Federal gov. before they are arrested and put in jail.
You can get the bill at az.gov, click on bills and enter # SB1070.
What do they do with people while they wait for the federal government to verify their immigration status? And how long does that take?

It will be interesting to see how the MSM spins the May Day events. I hope there is no violence or property damage, but I'm certain there will be some isolated cases. I doubt those acts will get any negative press. I suspect numbers will be inflated and the whole event will be presented as propaganda for amnesty.

I'm amused by some confusing May Day with Cinco de Mayo. But, it will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday.

Most Americans to include many Americans of Mexican decent have no Idea what Cinco de Mayo is for. I seem to even remember someone last year saying that it is celebrated more in the USA than in Mexico.

"The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexican militia over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. It is primarily a regional holiday celebrated in the Mexican state capital city of Puebla and throughout the state of Puebla, with some limited recognition in other parts of Mexico, and especially in U.S. cities with a significant Mexican population. It is not, as many people think, Mexico's Independence Day, which is actually September 16."
CINCO DE MAYO

Most Americans are sick of the illeagals and their panderers, massive rallies in support of law breakers will really hurt the dems come Novemeber, as if they needed more pain.

Stop the lying bullshit. "most americans' I seriously doubt. Most americans are unaffected by illegal immigration.

And the problem with the law in Az is not tougher immigration stance but the vagueness of "anyone suspected of being illegal" can be forced to provide proof of citizenship, which sounds pretty discriminatory to me. The other aspects of the bill I have no problem with.
Imbecile.

Brilliant, you are so smart, :lol:Amazing how so many on this forum don't care how stupid and contradictory they look

There are Jobs that aren't even that Shitty that Many Americans won't do...

We have become Apathetic in our Wealth... Even our "Poor".

Of course Poverty in America is Relative...

The rest of the World Laughs at our "Poor" as they Complain about not getting a Check so they can go by more BluRays...

I wonder how many HiDef TV's are in Section 8 Housing?...

:)

peace...

your clueless, there are millions of jobs hs studends won't do

Those students are doing them in my state of Idaho. I think your the one that is clueless and have been duped by the left.
I see students picking fruit in the orchards. I had to have my roof repaired, and had a man, and a student do the repairs on it. I had landscaping done in my yard, and college student did the work, so I have no idea where your coming from.

I live in Louisiana, and there are plenty of migrant workers doing stuff kids won't do. Your lucky that ya'll don't have as many. What's there like 30 of ya'll up in Idaho?

Sounds to me like your kids in Louisiana need to be taught the value of a dollar better. Or are they just lazy? Are those migrant workers or illegal aliens? You do understand the difference?

But then again in the Slums of Brazil there are "Mothers" who don't do better for their Children because they want to look Hot...

And that Costs $$$$

I Learned that from Checkin' on the Sick Wife the other who was Watching MTV of all things in her Delusional State and Jessica Simpson was over in Brazil with her Criscoie Butt...

Mmmm... Like to the Butter that Muffin REGARDLESS. :eusa_drool:

:)

peace...

U.S. Hispanics and Democratic lawmakers furious over Arizona's harsh crackdown on illegal immigrants expect huge weekend rallies across the United States, piling pressure on President Barack Obama to overhaul immigration laws in this election year.

And it is so very painful to actually show a police officer your Identification. Especially when you don't have any.

Why are you so naive to deny that there are anti-immigration peopel that appear to only care about mexican immigration? All in all its not about race but don't lie and claim that it has nothing to do with race,especially in Az where the majority of illegals are from mexico

they only care about Mexican Illegals?.....if the great majority are from Mexico....who are they supposed to be concerned with?....all those illegal Swedes?....

Nope...don't believe you.

its just another one of the people who think they have Illegals in their State.....5-24 thousand.....and he claims they leave and the states economy shuts down...:lol:.....hey "y'all" try 2-3 million....and some estimates are higher...

Imbecile.

Brilliant, you are so smart, :lol:Amazing how so many on this forum don't care how stupid and contradictory they look

your the pace car Doc.....just following you....

Forum List

Back