Arizona immigrant law energizes Hispanics, Democrats

Arizona immigrant law energizes Hispanics, Democrats | Reuters

U.S. Hispanics and Democratic lawmakers furious over Arizona's harsh crackdown on illegal immigrants expect huge weekend rallies across the United States, piling pressure on President Barack Obama to overhaul immigration laws in this election year.

There is going to be backlash alright, but not the kind reuters is hoping for.

Most Americans are sick of the illeagals and their panderers, massive rallies in support of law breakers will really hurt the dems come Novemeber, as if they needed more pain.

no one is rallying in support of lawbreakers. they are rallying against a patently unconstitutional law.
Where is the rally to do something about the flood of illeagals that is destroying the border state's economies?

I don't see why the solution for this is so hard to be quite honest, perhaps it is. In my opnion a solution for this issue is simple, you design a citizenship prgram that is well managed, strictly enforced, and not complicated. All those here illegally must return to their country of origin to register to return if they wish as a guest worker, for 6 months at a time and if they so choose apply for citizenship. There is a very simple reason from an ethical standpoint for asking people to return home to their native country, if you grant them citizenship what you have done is sent a message to all those who obeyed the law, stood in line, and paid and took the test, and did the hard work to become citizens that they were fools and that is NOT what we should be doing. In doing so other things you would do is finally end the SLAVE trade of illegal immigration by raising the standards of the labor market and ending the abuse of these poor people by employers, their own country, drug dealers, and political figures, take your pick. It is not racist to want to make a system that protects Americans and says to the rest of world we are a NATION of LAWS that are applied equally. It is unfair and racist to want to keep in place a system of abuse that promotes the status quo and does not keep the best interests of this nation and it's citizens first.

a lot of people are tire of them till they need thier grass cut or a fence built or an addition to thier house. then deport them. LOL

That's bullshit! Where I live we don't have the illegals as in Ca, Arizona, and Texas to cut grass or build a fence. We have everyday average Joe's doing that work, and are proud to be doing it.
Take illegals out of the equation and you would have the same thing as we do.

I don't know what state your in but it's reported there are 20,000,000 here. They are most certainly not in just Cali, Az, Tx:eek:

I think my point went right over your head. My point is that American citizens will do the work that the illegals are doing right now.
I really doubt you have 20 million illegals in your state, but having said that...I do believe you do have illegals.

This BS from the left that illegals do the work that we won't is just that....BS.

there are millions of jobs americans won't due, when Nebraska tried to rum em out their economy almost shut down and they begged em to come back.

there are millions of jobs americans won't due, when Nebraska tried to rum em out their economy almost shut down and they begged em to come back.

Has anyone thought of hiring a student for a summer job, or go to the unemployment office and hire from there? Offer a fair wage from the employers, and you would be surprised at the turn out. Like I say, the work DOES get done here. So I still say bullshit on jobs Americans won't do.

Has anyone thought of hiring a student for a summer job, or go to the unemployment office and hire from there? Offer a fair wage from the employers, and you would be surprised at the turn out. Like I say, the work DOES get done here. So I still say bullshit on jobs Americans won't do.

your clueless, there are millions of jobs hs studends won't do

It's pretty interesting to compare what AZ is doing with Mexico's own immigration policy. Why don't we adopt Mexico's version and call it Even Steven?

We looked at the immigration provisions of the Mexican constitution. [1] Now let's look at Mexico's main immigration law.

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:
- Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)
- Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)
- Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)
- The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:
- Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
- A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
# A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:
- Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
- Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:
- Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
- Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
- Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,
- "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
- Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
- Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:
- A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
- Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

Immigration Reform? Let's Try Mexico's Immigration Law!

Last edited:

Those students are doing them in my state of Idaho. I think your the one that is clueless and have been duped by the left.
I see students picking fruit in the orchards. I had to have my roof repaired, and had a man, and a student do the repairs on it. I had landscaping done in my yard, and college student did the work, so I have no idea where your coming from.

Those students are doing them in my state of Idaho. I think your the one that is clueless and have been duped by the left.
I see students picking fruit in the orchards. I had to have my roof repaired, and had a man, and a student do the repairs on it. I had landscaping done in my yard, and college student did the work, so I have no idea where your coming from.

I live in Louisiana, and there are plenty of migrant workers doing stuff kids won't do. Your lucky that ya'll don't have as many. What's there like 30 of ya'll up in Idaho?

I live in Louisiana, and there are plenty of migrant workers doing stuff kids won't do. Your lucky that ya'll don't have as many. What's there like 30 of ya'll up in Idaho?

Fuck off asshole

no one is rallying in support of lawbreakers. they are rallying against a patently unconstitutional law.

Jill....IMO...this whole thing was done to get those sonofabitches in DC to either do something or get the hell out of the way.....i have been hearing about Immigration reform in my State for 20 years.....and yet more and more keep coming....the so called camels back has finally broke.....what i am glad i am hearing here where i am at,is Americans of Mexican descent saying that they can see whats going on....that the American citizen has been pushed to our limits on this....i work with two who go to Arizona to see family....they have no problems with showing their ID.....they told me you white guys have to worry more because many of the cops are of Hispanic origins...he is probably right...

It will be interesting to see how the MSM spins the May Day events. I hope there is no violence or property damage, but I'm certain there will be some isolated cases. I doubt those acts will get any negative press. I suspect numbers will be inflated and the whole event will be presented as propaganda for amnesty.

I'm amused by some confusing May Day with Cinco de Mayo. But, it will be interesting to see what happens on Saturday.

i wish they would hold it on the 5th....the last time they had their "rally"(on a Tues.) the freeways were deserted.....going to and from work was great....

No, you're clueless.
There a many high school students in my area that are having difficulty finding a job and it has nothing to do with the fact that they don't want to do a particular job.

Arizona immigrant law energizes Hispanics, Democrats | Reuters

U.S. Hispanics and Democratic lawmakers furious over Arizona's harsh crackdown on illegal immigrants expect huge weekend rallies across the United States, piling pressure on President Barack Obama to overhaul immigration laws in this election year.

There is going to be backlash alright, but not the kind reuters is hoping for.

Most Americans are sick of the illeagals and their panderers, massive rallies in support of law breakers will really hurt the dems come Novemeber, as if they needed more pain.

Stop the lying bullshit. "most americans' I seriously doubt. Most americans are unaffected by illegal immigration.

And the problem with the law in Az is not tougher immigration stance but the vagueness of "anyone suspected of being illegal" can be forced to provide proof of citizenship, which sounds pretty discriminatory to me. The other aspects of the bill I have no problem with.

a lot of people are tire of them till they need thier grass cut or a fence built or an addition to thier house. then deport them. LOL

That's bullshit! Where I live we don't have the illegals as in Ca, Arizona, and Texas to cut grass or build a fence. We have everyday average Joe's doing that work, and are proud to be doing it.
Take illegals out of the equation and you would have the same thing as we do.

yea i guess everyone can afford a gardner.....i deliver mail in the Anaheim Hills....avg income 140,000 a year....90 % of them cut their own grass on the weekends....

It's not about race. I don't know why so many of you are so damned stupid that you keep insisting this.

Seal the borders, land Sea and Air. Deport every illegal alien we can find starting with those in our prisons. It's been done before it can be done again.

Why are you so naive to deny that there are anti-immigration peopel that appear to only care about mexican immigration? All in all its not about race but don't lie and claim that it has nothing to do with race,especially in Az where the majority of illegals are from mexico

Stop the lying bullshit. "most americans' I seriously doubt. Most americans are unaffected by illegal immigration.

And the problem with the law in Az is not tougher immigration stance but the vagueness of "anyone suspected of being illegal" can be forced to provide proof of citizenship, which sounds pretty discriminatory to me. The other aspects of the bill I have no problem with.

Unsurprisingly, you are wrong. The majority of Americans view illegal immigration as a serious problem, and would like to see the amount of illegal immigrants reduced.

Immigration

Last edited:

Forum List

Back