Arizona immigrant law energizes Hispanics, Democrats

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
Arizona immigrant law energizes Hispanics, Democrats | Reuters

U.S. Hispanics and Democratic lawmakers furious over Arizona's harsh crackdown on illegal immigrants expect huge weekend rallies across the United States, piling pressure on President Barack Obama to overhaul immigration laws in this election year.

There is going to be backlash alright, but not the kind reuters is hoping for.

Most Americans are sick of the illeagals and their panderers, massive rallies in support of law breakers will really hurt the dems come Novemeber, as if they needed more pain.

Most Americans are sick of the illeagals and their panderers, massive rallies in support of law breakers will really hurt the dems come Novemeber, as if they needed more pain.

So what's your bright idea for the immigration problem Xeno? Do tell.

$1272494694489.jpg

I think illegal immigration is a real problem that needs to be addressed but I disagree with Arizona's approach. First, having read the actual bill, I don't think it provides a constitutionally applicable way of addressing the issue. There has to be
PROBABLE CAUSE
for believing that a crime has been committed. Simply being Mexican or Latino is not a reasonable justification for that belief. Stopping people for a traffic violation is not a reasonable link to believe a person has committed the specified crime of illegal immigration -- or any other crime for that matter. You have to personally see or smell something that would indicate that.
Secondly, the one area to me, that would yield results is severely crack down on those who hire illegal immigrants. Though it is addressed in the bill, the consequences are both weak and can be easilly avoided through an address change. Ironic, since this would force the businesses to eventually turn to American & legal labor, pay minimum wage in an above board manner, thus paying taxes on their employees, and contributing to the financial foundation of this country and its people. Gee, what a tradegy that would be!

View attachment 10139
I guess xeno doesn't have a solution.

U.S. Hispanics and Democratic lawmakers furious over Arizona's harsh crackdown on illegal immigrants expect huge weekend rallies across the United States, piling pressure on President Barack Obama to overhaul immigration laws in this election year.

I'd say that most Dems are concerned with the civil rights of Americans being violated. And good that they are being galvanized.

Tell me, Xeno...you claim to be non-partisan. But what issue have you ever sided against Republicans on except the Iraq invasion? :eusa_eh:

Can you imagine Reuters crowing that something "energized whites"?

The Civil Rights Act did that...energized Southern Whites right into the Republican Party.

True.

We may see the same thing coming from the "blacklash to the backlash" in Arizona -- i.e., if the liberal judges agree to shut down the law, the President bullies Arizona around, etc. -- which may well happen -- whites will get pissed.

why are so many surprised at this?....this is what happens when the assholes in Washington just keep on talking about this but never do anything.....the camels back has finally broke....now lets see what our exalted leaders do....criticise whats happening or actually do something....

I'd say that most Dems are concerned with the civil rights of Americans being violated. And good that they are being galvanized.
Tell me, Xeno...you claim to be non-partisan. But what issue have you ever sided against Republicans on except the Iraq invasion? :eusa_eh:

I'd say that's bullshit. If you cared about Americans rights being violated you'd be against illegal immigration. As it is you are fine with Americans being murdered and kidnapped. YOu are fine with Americans going to work every day and paying taxes so your precious illegals can get a good education at the expense of law abiding Americans.. I therefore think you are full of shit.

I think illegal immigration is a real problem that needs to be addressed but I disagree with Arizona's approach. First, having read the actual bill, I don't think it provides a constitutionally applicable way of addressing the issue. There has to be
PROBABLE CAUSE
for believing that a crime has been committed. Simply being Mexican or Latino is not a reasonable justification for that belief. Stopping people for a traffic violation is not a reasonable link to believe a person has committed the specified crime of illegal immigration -- or any other crime for that matter. You have to personally see or smell something that would indicate that.
Secondly, the one area to me, that would yield results is severely crack down on those who hire illegal immigrants. Though it is addressed in the bill, the consequences are both weak and can be easilly avoided through an address change. Ironic, since this would force the businesses to eventually turn to American & legal labor, pay minimum wage in an above board manner, thus paying taxes on their employees, and contributing to the financial foundation of this country and its people. Gee, what a tradegy that would be!

Actually, they just need probable suspicion to conduct an investigation. Probable cause would come into effect if they attempted to search them or the vehicle or home they resided.

It's not about race. I don't know why so many of you are so damned stupid that you keep insisting this.

Any law that authorizes racial profiling is about race. Even if the Arizonans who voted for it were not trying to play the race card they did it anyway. They can't have it both ways. You can't go around profiling and then say race is not part of the issue. Profiling, by it's nature, makes race part of the issue.

I have legal hispanic friends that are tired of it too. They understand the economic consequences to this country. So beats me why other legal hispanics--would support an open door policy.

What's really ironic--try going down to Mexico to get a job. It's laughable. The require all kinds of paperwork and permits for Americans working in Mexico. And if you don't have them--you're thrown in jail, you pay a fine, and then they kick you out of country.

It's not like we're doing something to them, that they already do to us.

What party has total control of the government again Rav?

Democrats.

What president thinks his most important duty is to go after state governments instead of upholding federal law?

Barry.

What party that controls both houses spends its days finding new ways to waste money while ignoring real problems like immigration?

Democrats.

What party rushes to the defense of people who piss on US law and calls those who try to uphold it racists?

Democrats

I find it laughable that you require that I must forever preface everything with comments like i hate both parties or that both caused these problems, as if I don't say it everytime the other 1,000 times is now invalidated.

That is why you are such a hyper partisan my dear, you ONLY see party politics.

I had good fun mocking ol Chimploa with his fences and asinine path to citizen crap, but for people like you if I don't spell it outy in every thread, you hint that it isn't so.

In short I find your constant requirement that I continually preface everything fucking tiresome.

Just search my username for posts the next time you question, instead of your usual half assed hint that I support the goP.

It will be interesting to see how the MSM spins the May Day events. I hope there is no violence or property damage, but I'm certain there will be some isolated cases. I doubt those acts will get any negative press. I suspect numbers will be inflated and the whole event will be presented as propaganda for amnesty.

Democrats.

What president thinks his most important duty is to go after state governments instead of upholding federal law?

Barry.

What party that controls both houses spends its days finding new ways to waste money while ignoring real problems like immigration?

Democrats.

What party rushes to the defense of people who piss on US law and calls those who try to uphold it racists?

Democrats

I find it laughable that you require that I must forever preface everything with comments like i hate both parties or that both caused these problems, as if I don't say it everytime the other 1,000 times is now invalidated.

I had good fun mocking ol Chimploa with his fences and asinine path to citizen crap, but for people like you if I don't spell it outy in every thread, you hint that it isn't so.

In short I find your constant requirement that I continually preface everything fucking tiresome.

Just search my username for posts the next time you question, instead of your usual half assed hint that I support the goP.
The chimpola as you call him...the Republicans were against him on that issue, too.

All that blather didn't answer my question.

View attachment 10139

Did you Deliberately Ignore the Point of the OP?...

:)

peace...

It will be interesting to see how the MSM spins the May Day events. I hope there is no violence or property damage, but I'm certain there will be some isolated cases. I doubt those acts will get any negative press. I suspect numbers will be inflated and the whole event will be presented as propaganda for amnesty.

Thank God the 5th isn't on a Friday or a Saturday...

That's when it gets REAL Troublesome...

This Year it's Obvious with what is going on in Arizona that the Activists will Attempt to Piggyback their Agenda onto the "Celebrations"...

What I Mean by "Celebrations" is probably the Largest Drunken Driving Line in the History of Man.

13260398_240X180.jpg

:)

peace...

Democrats.

Barry.

Democrats.

Democrats

The chimpola as you call him...the Republicans were against him on that issue, too.

All that blather didn't answer my question.
Your question has been answewred so many times it isn't funny.

You either are pretending to be stupid or are stupid, which is it Rav?

Forum List

Back