Arizona high court rules in favor of Christian artists

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
Arizona high court rules in favor of Christian artists
Co-owner of Brush and Nib Studio, Joanna Duka, and Kristen Waggoner, from the Alliance Defending Freedom, speak out on religious and artistic freedom.

ME: Justice is served. Good for these girls.

• Banned
They print invitations. I don't see that as art.

Being a part of a ceremony that is an abomination to God is unacceptable. Nobody should be forced to violate their religious beliefs.

If these were two Muslim women saying that they don't want to sell pork at the store they work at you would be licking their boots and kissing their asses.

Go F off.

Being a part of a ceremony that is an abomination to God is unacceptable. Nobody should be forced to violate their religious beliefs.

If these were two Muslim women saying that they don't want to sell pork at the store they work at you would be licking their boots and kissing their asses.

Go F off.

Printing invitations is not participating in a ceremony, dumb ass.

The interesting aspect of this case is that they were never asked to make invitations for a gay wedding, they went to court preemptively.

The other distressing part is that it is limited to religious reasons. Just saying “I hate fags and don’t want to be part of your wedding” is not covered.

Go F off.

You are correct. But they should still not be forced to do such things.

• Banned
'Free to Communicate Their Beliefs': AZ High Court Rules Christian Artists Still Have Rights
'Free to Communicate Their Beliefs': AZ High Court Rules Christian Artists Still Have Rights

The Arizona Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the City of Phoenix cannot use a criminal law to force two Christian artists to design and create custom wedding invitations expressing messages that conflict with the artists' core beliefs. Such coercion, the court held, would violate the fundamental principle that "an individual has autonomy over his or her speech and thus may not be forced to speak a message he or she does not wish to say."

The court ruled in favor of Joanna Duka and Breanna Koski, owners of Brush & Nib Studio, who were under threat of up to six months of jail time, $2,500 in fines, and three years of probation for each day the city would find them in violation of the law.

Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) attorneys representing the two artists filed suit against the city because it interprets its law in a way that illegally controls artistic expression and disregards religious liberty. The court agreed and found that the law violates the freedom of Duka and Koski to express messages consistent with their religious beliefs through their custom wedding invitations.

Good ruling. Too bad only a select few are exempt from following public accommodation laws unlike the rest of us.

Yes it is asshole. Any connection with the event is unacceptable. And frankly, its none of your goddamned business.

While I fully agree with their freedom to say no, that does not change the fact the printing invitations does not make them part of the ceremony.

Good ruling. Too bad only a select few are exempt from following public accommodation laws unlike the rest of us.

This is the biggest negative of the ruling. Why should someone be exempt because they think someone higher being told them not to do it but someone cannot be exempt just because they are an asshole?

This is the biggest negative of the ruling. Why should someone be exempt because they think someone higher being told them not to do it but someone cannot be exempt just because they are an asshole?

Because some animals are more equal than others.

Forum List

Back