Arizona has become a battleground state

Jan Brewer is awesome.

Keep it up, Jan.

You are winning Arizona for Obama.

I love my community's diversity, the opportunities it offers for my family and the warm Arizona climate. My wife and I have been together for 51 years and raised our three children here. We have proudly called Arizona home. But this is not the Arizona I know.

My wife, a retired educator, is Japanese-American and also faces the specter of the same police scrutiny I had to endure. The law invites police to rely on their racial bias when deciding who to stop, so our skin color means we're more likely to be targeted. Like most Americans, I never carried around my passport. Now, my wife and I always take ours when we leave the house.

We are concerned about losing them and identity theft. But after my police stops, we worry more about being detained or arrested if we don't have the proper documents.

The SB1070 anti-immigrant law is a stain on Arizona's reputation | Jim Shee | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Small Government Republicans want this for the entire country.

I love my community's diversity, the opportunities it offers for my family and the warm Arizona climate. My wife and I have been together for 51 years and raised our three children here. We have proudly called Arizona home. But this is not the Arizona I know.

My wife, a retired educator, is Japanese-American and also faces the specter of the same police scrutiny I had to endure. The law invites police to rely on their racial bias when deciding who to stop, so our skin color means we're more likely to be targeted. Like most Americans, I never carried around my passport. Now, my wife and I always take ours when we leave the house.

We are concerned about losing them and identity theft. But after my police stops, we worry more about being detained or arrested if we don't have the proper documents.

The SB1070 anti-immigrant law is a stain on Arizona's reputation | Jim Shee | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

If AZ does not like it, then they can boot the legislature that put it in.

Do you live there ? Didn't think so ? STFU.

It is my home state and while I don't live there, my wife has a huge amout of family that does. One of them knows a 3rd grade teacher who indicated that right after the law was signed, her class size dropped by 25%.

I don't think that there's any confusion on the part of Hispanics on this issue at all.

The GOP has made them scapegoats.

And romney has said stuff like,

"I can't have illegal aliens, I'm running for office, for Pete's sake." Using their labor while denying them rights.

scapegoats for what? Unions do that too, I dont hear democrats bashing them? Do you believe in borders?

I think somewhere in your confusion, you are almost hitting the point, but not quite.

Here's the ugly little secret.

The same assholes who are hiring illegal aliens are the same assholes who run the GOP these days. The same assholes who think you should work harder for less money so they can get greater profits.

So they'll play on your racism (and, yes, sorry, it is racism) while the are the ones inviting them in so they don't have to pay an American a fair wage.

You could end the illegal problem in five minutes. We catch you with an illegal on your worksite, we confiscate your business.

I live in Arizona, for the past 4 years we have had an employer sanction, where if a business KNOWINGLY hires illegals they lose their business license for a set amount of time. The law has only been used once in 4 years, on a business that had went out of business 6 months prior to being sanctioned.

If AZ does not like it, then they can boot the legislature that put it in.

Do you live there ? Didn't think so ? STFU.

It is my home state and while I don't live there, my wife has a huge amout of family that does. One of them knows a 3rd grade teacher who indicated that right after the law was signed, her class size dropped by 25%.

I live in Arizona. Construction is starting to pick up and illegals are coming back to the state. Lack of jobs is why they left and now that jobs are coming back, they will be back.

Obama, Univision, Telemundo, local Hispanic radio stations and grassroots organizations have registered hundreds of thousands of Hispanic voters in the past 2 years, if they get a high turnout he can win the state. But it will be tough. I think he will win Maricopa county.

That Romney even has to worry about AZ shows how weak his candidacy is.

Or how much people have come to depend on the federal government.

Don't forget that hispanics have lived in the state and been a significant part of the state for a long long time. They are all to aware of the immigration issues which have been mischaracterized by the left causing a great deal of confusion.

Once things get rolling, Obama does not stand a chance.

I don't think that there's any confusion on the part of Hispanics on this issue at all.

The GOP has made them scapegoats.

And romney has said stuff like,

"I can't have illegal aliens, I'm running for office, for Pete's sake." Using their labor while denying them rights.

and the Democrats havent?....do you think the Latinos are so fucking stupid that they believe the Democrats are their friends?....

Jan Brewer is awesome.

Keep it up, Jan.

and you know because you live there right?....if a poll told you eating your own shit is good for you Chris...would you?....if you "polled" 1000 Arizonans...700 of them might say Romney is the man......then what would you think?...

Jan Brewer is awesome.

Keep it up, Jan.

and you know because you live there right?....if a poll told you eating your own shit is good for you Chris...would you?....if you "polled" 1000 Arizonans...700 of them might say Romney is the man......then what would you think?...

Of course he wouldn't.

But if Obama told him to do it, he'd say "pass the salt".

Last edited:
(CNN) - The battle between President Barack Obama and all-but-certain GOP nominee Mitt Romney for Arizona's eleven electoral votes stands neck and neck, according to a poll released Monday.

Arizona, which has voted for only one Democratic presidential candidate in sixty years, has become a hot battleground in 2012, partly because of the state's increasing Latino population.

The poll from Arizona State University's Merrill/Morrison Institute indicated 42% of registered voters in Arizona backing Romney and 40% supporting Obama. The margin was well within the poll's sampling error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points.

A large portion of respondents – 18% - said they were undecided in who they would support in the November's general election. Among independents, the undecided figure was far higher. Thirty-four percent of voters who said they were independents said they hadn't yet picked a candidate to support.

Poll: Obama and Romney tied in Arizona – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Word on the street is that Obama is bleeding independents...not a good sign for your main squeeze, Chris.

(CNN) - The battle between President Barack Obama and all-but-certain GOP nominee Mitt Romney for Arizona's eleven electoral votes stands neck and neck, according to a poll released Monday.

Arizona, which has voted for only one Democratic presidential candidate in sixty years, has become a hot battleground in 2012, partly because of the state's increasing Latino population.

The poll from Arizona State University's Merrill/Morrison Institute indicated 42% of registered voters in Arizona backing Romney and 40% supporting Obama. The margin was well within the poll's sampling error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points.

A large portion of respondents – 18% - said they were undecided in who they would support in the November's general election. Among independents, the undecided figure was far higher. Thirty-four percent of voters who said they were independents said they hadn't yet picked a candidate to support.

Word on the street is that Obama is bleeding independents...not a good sign for your main squeeze, Chris.

Chris doesn't want to lose his job: as Obama's concubine.

Jan Brewer is awesome.

Keep it up, Jan.

Here you go dickles.....

Posted at 11:20 AM ET, 04/25/2012 TheWashingtonPost
Arizona immigration law persistently popular
By Scott Clement
Arizona’s immigration law — slated to be heard Wednesday by the Supreme Court — has stirred up accusations of racism, conference boycotts and a strident legal challenge from the Obama administration. Despite all the controversy, the judgment from poll after poll is clear: Americans like the law. A lot.

In national polls, there have consistently been more supporters than opponents of the Arizona law, with the latest polls showing higher support than at any point since its passage. More than two-thirds of registered voters (68 percent) approved of the law in an April Quinnipiac poll, while only about a quarter disapproved (27 percent). Voters backed the law by a slimmer 51 to 31 percent margin in Quinnipiac’s earliest gauge, which did not specify that the law requires police to verify some people’s legal status. The law has received at least 60 percent support in every public poll this year.

Immigration from Mexico has reached a net zero, with as many Mexicans moving back to Mexico as are entering the United States, according to the Pew Research Center’s Jeffrey Passel, a highly regarded demographer who used data from both countries.The report released Wednesday cited several possible reasons, including, “the weakened U.S. job and housing construction markets, heightened border enforcement, a rise in deportations, the growing dangers associated with illegal border crossings, the long-term decline in Mexico’s birth rates and changing economic conditions in Mexico.”

Study shows Mexican immigration at net zero; as many people returning home as entering U.S. | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

Romney says he will "veto the Dream Act."

Bye, bye, Arizona.

Romney said he wants to "let Detroit go bankrupt."

Bye, bye, Michigan and Ohio.

Jan Brewer is awesome.

Keep it up, Jan.

Of course he wouldn't.

But if Obama told him to do it, he'd say "pass the salt".

i dont think it even needs to go that high up.....as long as its a poll from the far left,Chris will buy it....

wait a minute lets back up here....i thought Chris's main squeeze was his blow up doll?.....trouble in paradise?....:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back