Arizona Governor to countersue U.S. government over immigration enforcement!

Arizona as well as every state in the union has a right to protect its citizens any way that it can! This is something that the Feds will soon find out. Go Brewer!!! When you have cleaned up AZ, please come to CA - we need you desparately!!!

Arizona as well as every state in the union has a right to protect its citizens any way that it can! This is something that the Feds will soon find out. Go Brewer!!! When you have cleaned up AZ, please come to CA - we need you desparately!!!

I like how you now try to completely skate the issue in a different direction with a non-sequitor. No, they do not have a right to protect their citizens "any way they can." They have limitations. For example, the states do not have the right to wage war on their own. They need the consent of Congress.

Second, this is not about whether they do or don't have such a right. It's about AZ filing suit against the federal government. Nobody has challenged their right to bring suit, only the merits of the suit. Their suit will not succeed because they are not entitled to judicial relief on the grounds for which they are claiming.

"don't vote for them?" who the heck are you kidding. WE don't have a choice. Have you checked your ballot lately? The dems and reps are both owned by the corps.

Then don't vote for them. There are third party candidates that are available in many races.

No 3rd choice allowed...I've voted 3rd choice for the past several years and they are NEVER elected. WHY? Because people like you claim we have a "choice" and are so enamored of the two parties you don't realize that they are the most corrupt parties in the history of our nation.

Actually, people like me often vote for third parties, or perhaps even write in candidates. I wrote in Mitt Romney for President in 2008. I'm not inclined to simply settle for voting in those people I don't like. The real problem is that people like YOU simply give in and whine that you have no choice. Victimhood is not supposed to be part of the conservative lexicon, so I don't see why AZ is whining about things.

A government that doesn't follow it's own laws and refuses to provide for the welfare of it's citizens while insuring that the uber wealthy become even more wealthy, is a fascist government.

You don't know the meaning of fascist, so stop using the word. Fascism is a system of government where a state operates as a single party totalitarian system which suppresses all opposition to the government. A fascist society considers the establishment of a state to be the highest and most moral accomplishment of humanity, and advocates violence as a means of rejuvenation for the society. It strongly advocates nationalism as a the only way to establish identify of a culture, and demands compulsory military service as a means of spreading nationalist sentiment. Fascism believes that a corporatist economy run by elite military personnel is necessary in order to eliminate economic castes, and thereby promote national cohesion, as well as a harmonious economic base for the state. Now ask yourself, what is more like this model....a federal government that establishes minimal immigration policy, and lax enforcement, in turn allowing widespread usage of illegal labor in the free market arena, much to the detriment of its citizens, while expecting state level governments to be largely responsible for managing the localized fallout? Or a state government that takes a staunch anti-immigration positions, demands the federal government to take a greater role toward that end, and wants to send the military to secure the border?

After WWII, the term "fascist" began being widely used as a general term to identify nearly anything negative or undesirable (much as you have done). It is so widely used in so many differing contexts, that many people consider the word today to have virtually no meaning whatsoever.

Pay attention. What did those bailouts do? Yeah, they enriched the corporations. Have you even heard of Balckwater, Halliburton, etc.

Pay attention. What did those bailouts do? Yeah, they enriched the corporations. Have you even heard of Balckwater, Halliburton, etc.

I'm sorry, am I using too many big words? Do you know what "corporatist" means? It refers to a system where several different industries work together in order to control the economy. Example: Imagine oil companies, car manufacturers, retailers, steel companies, rubber manufacturers, and service companies all run by government cronies, and all sitting down at one big table, to decide how business will be done in order to decide what is "best" for everyone, and what price YOU will have to pay when you buy your next car, what kind of product you will have to settle for, and how government will regulate it.

In any event, the federal government's bailouts have NOTHING to do with AZ's lawsuit against the federal government, nor the merits of their case.

Forum List

Back