Arizona Governor Signs Bill Prohibiting Abortion Based on Gender or Race

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
This is going to be interesting. Not sure how this has been missed over the last few days, I guess all the fuss over Planned Parenthood had people looking the other way.

I expect to see some heads explode as some people try to reconcile the fact that they are not pro abortion with the civil rights of a fetus not to be the victim of sexual and racial discrimination. :razz::razz:

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law on Tuesday legislation that prohibits abortions sought or performed on the basis of race or gender. House Bill 2443, or the "Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act of 2011" makes it a felony for a physician to “knowingly or intentionally” perform an abortion because of the race or gender of an unborn child or the parent of that child.
The law bars anyone from performing an abortion if they know the abortion is being sought because of sex or race of the child or the race of a parent of that child.
It specifically requires abortionists to sign an affidavit saying they have no knowledge that the abortion is being performed because of the baby's sex or race. And it allows the father of the unborn child -- or in some cases, the maternal grandparents of the unborn child -- to file civil suits against doctors who violate the law.
Arizona Governor Signs Bill Prohibiting Abortion Based on Gender or Race | CNSnews.com

So this is okay? Government in the lives of people. I thought the Tea Party said the government shouldn't be in our lives. I guess that didn't included people they don't agree with.

So this is okay? Government in the lives of people. I thought the Tea Party said the government shouldn't be in our lives. I guess that didn't included people they don't agree with.
It prohibits racial and sexual descrimination, I would think you'd be behind this. :confused:

Oh ok, I got it! This reduces abortions, that's why you lefties are against it! You want as much death as possible.

Just more government meddling into people's private lives. How the hell is a doctor going to be able to prove the reason as to why someone is getting an abortion?

This is going to be interesting. Not sure how this has been missed over the last few days, I guess all the fuss over Planned Parenthood had people looking the other way.

I expect to see some heads explode as some people try to reconcile the fact that they are not pro abortion with the civil rights of a fetus not to be the victim of sexual and racial discrimination. :razz::razz:

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed into law on Tuesday legislation that prohibits abortions sought or performed on the basis of race or gender. House Bill 2443, or the "Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act of 2011" makes it a felony for a physician to “knowingly or intentionally” perform an abortion because of the race or gender of an unborn child or the parent of that child.
The law bars anyone from performing an abortion if they know the abortion is being sought because of sex or race of the child or the race of a parent of that child.
It specifically requires abortionists to sign an affidavit saying they have no knowledge that the abortion is being performed because of the baby's sex or race. And it allows the father of the unborn child -- or in some cases, the maternal grandparents of the unborn child -- to file civil suits against doctors who violate the law.
Arizona Governor Signs Bill Prohibiting Abortion Based on Gender or Race | CNSnews.com

Why do you have to cite a reason for getting the abortion in the first place?

This is confusing. I thought that abortions were an on-demand thing, like buying a loaf of bread.

Now we are to forget that there might be implications of murder, morality, responsibility and self control, but if there is a hint of racial discrimination, THAT'S where we draw the line.

Our legal system has very little to do with justice and allot to do with gamesmanship.

Can someone plase explain how this is a problem already? Brewer is such an idiot. She is constantly making arizona a laughing stock. She really is.

Yeah, I'm so sure those "affidavits" will state the truth, or that seekers of abortions will actually admit to such choices. Seriously?

Bases on gender and race huh? Did they leave a loophole for the potential discovery of the "gay gene"? :lol:

Doctor: why are you having this abortion

Woman: well, its a good chance it will be a boy and I dont want another son.

Doctor: Well, Brewer says I cant give you an abortion or I will be sued.

Oh this wasn't a complete waste of time and money Jan Brewer, not at all.

Can someone plase explain how this is a problem already? Brewer is such an idiot. She is constantly making arizona a laughing stock. She really is.

Has she signed the bill yet which permits students to carry guns? Again, seriously??????

The laughing stocks are the child murdering supporting leftwing idiots, they are hilarious.

The laughing stocks are the child murdering supporting leftwing idiots, they are hilarious.

IN the united states....HELL EVEN IN ARIZONA....is abortion legal?

Yes? Ok then. Something about stfu seems appropriate. Oh and god bless.

Has she signed the bill yet which permits students to carry guns? Again, seriously??????
Arizona House OKs bill allowing guns on campus

I'm not sure I get this. According to what I've seen, Arizona already bans all the abortions it can unless the life of the mother is threatened.

So what are they doing here? Trying to criminalize 1st trimester abortions depending on motive??

I don't think that would be constitutional.

Not many "get it" because it's retarded. These are the brain-trusts behind the reins of our Society. scary.

Forum List

Back