Arizona Democrats want to secede over border fence

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
The vast majority of Democrats refuse to do anything about illegal immigration except passing ANOTHER AMNESTY (comprehensive immigration reform)!

Most Republicans have stopped several attemps by Democrats to pass another amnesty. There are exceptions like Bush and McCain.

Arizona Democrats want to secede over border fence - National post-partisan | Examiner.com

illegalsvotedemocratmq6.jpg

I'm fine with amnesty.

As long as our border is secure. I've said it once and I'll say it again I want a fence, hound dogs, and a "shoot first ask questions later" policy.

I'm against "sending them to school" though. Send them to the military. There's enough AMERICAN college students milking the life out of the federal government just to not go to class and party all weekend. We don't need to add MORE of them.

Serve for citizenship should be the ONLY amnesty program.

I'm fine with amnesty.

As long as our border is secure. I've said it once and I'll say it again I want a fence, hound dogs, and a "shoot first ask questions later" policy.

I'm against "sending them to school" though. Send them to the military. There's enough AMERICAN college students milking the life out of the federal government just to not go to class and party all weekend. We don't need to add MORE of them.

We had an amnesty program back in the80's it was supposed to be a one time deal, allowing one and a half Million iellegals citizenship. Now we are at this cross road again. When does it stop? 20 years down the road another amnesty program for one hundred million?

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens

I stand corrected

Reagan at the Brandenburg Gate West Berlin 1987: Tear Down This Wall!

American Progressive at the Border Fence in Arizona 2011: Tear Down This Wall!

We can fix the problem with a comprehensive bill that improves enforcement, provides a path to citizenship for kids brought into the country by their parents, revises the idiotic immigration policy with Mexico, provides better tracking of legal residents, and allows legal residents with higher education and skills to apply for extended residency.

There is a lot more to the immigration problem than Mexicans sneaking across the boarder.

The militia border patrol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLqFXdeaCGY&feature=feedu]YouTube - Arizona Border Ops - Second Tour Day 3: Border Patrol (pt2)[/ame]

Or we can just annex Mexico

I've always liked that option. They are voting with their feet anyway. And it significantly shortens the Southern border.

If they want to secede back to Mexico in Southern Arizona, I hope that Mexico is ready to repay the money we paid for Southern Arizona, with interest.

I'm fine with amnesty.

It may come as a surprise to you, but most illegal immigrants do not swim across the river, climb walls or fences, or walk across the desert. They come in cars and trucks through boarder crossings. They come in boats and airplanes. It's estimated that as many 5 million illegal immigrants came into this country legally with visas and never left.

You can spend billions building the 2000 mile great American wall and you will still have a big illegal immigration problem.

Liberals should have their own little country IMO. Let them do whatever the fcukk they please!!! I'd then propose putting a big mote around it and filling it with alligators..............or better yet............mines!!

I'm fine with amnesty.

We had an amnesty program back in the80's it was supposed to be a one time deal, allowing one and a half Million iellegals citizenship. Now we are at this cross road again. When does it stop? 20 years down the road another amnesty program for one hundred million?
The immigration act of 1986 failed to solve the immigration problem because it was limited in scope just like the Republicans are advocating today. The bill in 86 gave amnesty and required employers not to knowingly hire illegals, which did nothing to stop the flow. If we try to address a single aspect of the problem as we did in 86, 20 years from now we will still have the problem.

I'm fine with amnesty.

I'm not saying there HAS to be amnesty. I'm just saying I'm okay with it if it accompanies a safe border and the problem with illegal immigration is more tightly controlled. That's first on the agenda then we can debate what to do with the ones already here, and personally I think serve to citizenship is a fine and dandy way of going about dealing with it. Two years military service in either Army, Marines, or National Guard... then citizenship with a four to six year probationary period requiring you to have a job and obey the law in it's entirety. I love that idea.

We can fix the problem with a comprehensive bill that improves enforcement, provides a path to citizenship for kids brought into the country by their parents, revises the idiotic immigration policy with Mexico, provides better tracking of legal residents, and allows legal residents with higher education and skills to apply for extended residency.

There is a lot more to the immigration problem than Mexicans sneaking across the boarder.

Every single time we've passed an amnesty bill, it has only led to more illegals crossing the border, hoping to get in on the next amnesty, why do you think anything is going to change with yet another amnesty bill? What do you call someone who does the same thing, over and over again and expects a different outcome? Face it, only when we stop ALL amnesties and send ALL illegals home will the invasion of our country stop, though I think it's already too late.

[It may come as a surprise to you, but most illegal immigrants do not swim across the river, climb walls or fences, or walk across the desert. They come in cars and trucks through boarder crossings. They come in boats and airplanes. It's estimated that as many 5 million illegal immigrants came into this country legally with visas and never left.

You can spend billions building the 2000 mile great American wall and you will still have a big illegal immigration problem.

Yeah, but those kinds of illegals are not the kind that have Cons all riled up.

Every single time we've passed an amnesty bill, it has only led to more illegals crossing the border, hoping to get in on the next amnesty, why do you think anything is going to change with yet another amnesty bill? What do you call someone who does the same thing, over and over again and expects a different outcome? Face it, only when we stop ALL amnesties and send ALL illegals home will the invasion of our country stop, though I think it's already too late.
Of course an amnesty bill is not going to fix the immigration problem. I am certainly not proposing that. I'm proposing a comprehensive immigration bill that really fixes all the problems. It should include a path to citizenship for kids brought into this country illegally by their parents. It also should include better enforcement at the boarders, identification that employers can use to check citizenship, better tracking of legal residents, changes in immigration policy and a host of changes to INS rules they operate under.

Agreed, but there also needs to be harsh punishments for employers who exploit illegal labor.

New Topics

Forum List

Back