Arizona Declares Sovereignty

The red states have been living off the blue states for years.

Are you complaining?

It's funny he makes comments like this. The "red states" are the states filled with the poor, unemployed people, and those are the people he's bitching about needing help from the government and the exact people Barack Obama is trying to send the most aid to. His ignorant hypocrisy makes me laugh, a lot.

Good. Lets see how they do on their own.

And they can take their University of Phoenix with them. If they aren't part of America, then why would anyone get a degree from that school? Might as well go to U of Canada, or Mexico.

They and every other red state will be invaded by Mexico, India & Cuba and China will own you by next year. Stupid *****.

And they can take their University of Phoenix with them. If they aren't part of America, then why would anyone get a degree from that school? Might as well go to U of Canada, or Mexico.

They and every other red state will be invaded by Mexico, India & Cuba and China will own you by next year. Stupid *****.

As I explained to David, Arizona did not declare independence from the United States. They declared their sovereignty under the Constitution of the United States.

You don't actually understand what was said, huh? Maybe you should check the referenced material. Like the 10th Amendment to the Constitution. See that that says before you go calling people Stupid *****.

I got that, but what in particular has the Fed done to make them file this resolution?

I'd say it was fiscal necessity. Too many unfunded mandates in a recession. The states are going broke.
Well this should be interesting, they'll have to stop enforcing federal immigration laws.

:lol:

Who will have to stop enforcing federal immigration laws? The state or the national government?

If you mean the state, then usually they are not allowed to enforce federal law. The state must go through special training and enter into an agreement with ICE in order to do it at all. But that would be at the behest of the state not the national government. (In other words, the reverse of an unfunded mandate).

But, since you bring it up, what the state Attorney General should do is file a writ of mandamus against the Secretary of Homeland security and the head of ICE forcing them to do their job and enforce the immigration laws. That would take the burden off AZ.

I'd say it was fiscal necessity. Too many unfunded mandates in a recession. The states are going broke.
Well this should be interesting, they'll have to stop enforcing federal immigration laws.

Who will have to stop enforcing federal immigration laws? The state or the national government?

If you mean the state, then usually they are not allowed to enforce federal law. The state must go through special training and enter into an agreement with ICE in order to do it at all. But that would be at the behest of the state not the national government. (In other words, the reverse of an unfunded mandate).

But, since you bring it up, what the state Attorney General should do is file a writ of mandamus against the Secretary of Homeland security and the head of ICE forcing them to do their job and enforce the immigration laws. That would take the burden off AZ.
mmmmmmmm....that law has been somewhat changed, I believe. There was some Congressional legislation that allowed states to enforce immigration laws if they so choose. Buy enforce I mean actually use their state and local police forces.

But they aren't required to do it.

Arizona couldn't do that, could they...force the federal government to enforce its own laws if they believe they aren't beholden to the federal government's laws.

Good.

Let's stop sending them federal money.

The red states have been living off the blue states for years.

and the blues states have been living off the food in the red states and red areas of the blues states.....

mmmmmmmm....that law has been somewhat changed, I believe. There was some Congressional legislation that allowed states to enforce immigration laws if they so choose. Buy enforce I mean actually use their state and local police forces.

Arizona couldn't do that, could they...force the federal government to enforce its own laws if they believe they aren't beholden to the federal government's laws.

My county actually does enforce immigration laws. The officers had to be sent to ICE training and few other things before they could do it. So, states can't do it willy-nilly, they have to follow a course of action.

If they file a writ in Federal Court and they were successful, the Federal Judge would order the Secretary to enforce the law. This is what was at the bottom of Marbury v. Madison. Marbury was a guy who was appointed a Magistrate at the end of the Adams administration. But, the appointments were not delivered at the time of the change of administrations. When Madison showed up to take over the job, the appointments were still on his desk. Marbury filed a Writ of Mandamus to force Madison to deliver the appointments. Of course, nobody even cares about the actual case now, we all know it because that's where Chief Justice Marshall proclaimed that the Supreme Court had the power to say what the law is.

But, I think you missed the point of what AZ is saying. They are not saying the laws of the US do not apply to them. They are taking the nuanced approach of saying that instead of being a "truism", the Tenth Amendment has real meaning. That the Federal government is violating the Constitution with some of laws it has written. Some of them, not all of them, exceed their enumerated powers under the Constitution. Basically, they want the go back to when Hammer v. Dagenhart was still good law. So, what they are doing is not really that crazy. It won't work, but it does have basis for the contentions that they are making.

This isn't 1820s South Carolina saying that it has the power to nullify any federal law it disagrees with. This is more like a return to the law as it existed up to 1940.

My county actually does enforce immigration laws. The officers had to be sent to ICE training and few other things before they could do it. So, states can't do it willy-nilly, they have to follow a course of action.

If they file a writ in Federal Court and they were successful, the Federal Judge would order the Secretary to enforce the law. This is what was at the bottom of Marbury v. Madison. Marbury was a guy who was appointed a Magistrate at the end of the Adams administration. But, the appointments were not delivered at the time of the change of administrations. When Madison showed up to take over the job, the appointments were still on his desk. Marbury filed a Writ of Mandamus to force Madison to deliver the appointments. Of course, nobody even cares about the actual case now, we all know it because that's where Chief Justice Marshall proclaimed that the Supreme Court had the power to say what the law is.

But, I think you missed the point of what AZ is saying. They are not saying the laws of the US do not apply to them. They are taking the nuanced approach of saying that instead of being a "truism", the Tenth Amendment has real meaning. That the Federal government is violating the Constitution with some of laws it has written. Some of them, not all of them, exceed their enumerated powers under the Constitution. Basically, they want the go back to when Hammer v. Dagenhart was still good law. So, what they are doing is not really that crazy. It won't work, but it does have basis for the contentions that they are making.

This isn't 1820s South Carolina saying that it has the power to nullify any federal law it disagrees with. This is more like a return to the law as it existed up to 1940.
Okay. I'd just like to know what in particular they object to. It seems to me that if you oppose a set of federal mandates you don't have much real expectation of accepting the others and getting help to fulfill them. But I'll take your word for it.

That means John McCain and Jon Kyl, both Republicans are inelligable to be Senators of the United States of America giving the Democrats a 58-39 majority which would make a fillerbuster impossible.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And Ive heard Al Gore speak.

I stand corrected. This is the dumbest thing.

Nice thing about life is whenever you think someone cant get dumber, someone has to go and prove you wrong.

A concurrent RESOLUTION

claiming sovereignty under the tenth amendment to the constitution of the united states over certain powers, serving notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates and providing that certain federal legislation be prohibited or repealed.

HCR 2024 Arizona Pleads the Tenth! « AxXiom for Liberty

It's a bold move I suppose, but I don't know that anything will come of it.

Whacky shit as far as my reading of it goes. What a bunch of friggin' losers those people are. They are wasting the money, time and resources of Arizona. :doubt:

It looks like since that bull dyke lezbo bitch Napoletano got shipped off to Washington to lick Obama's ass

Ah, the refreshing intelligent words of a retarded rightie screetches across the chalk board again.

Pale, you can lick who ever's ass you like, don't take that choice away from others.:whip:

When I was stationed on an Air Force Base, I used to salute sometime lefthanded to see if they noticed the difference. They didn't. You could have been one of them.:eusa_shhh:

I never heard a retard call another one out. There is a division with your kind.

Forum List

Back