Arizona Bill on Immigration

hboats

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2010
Minnesota
Maybe some of the idiots in the press should actually sit down and take the time to read the 16 page bill that Arizona is getting beat up for right now. Here is a link to the text of the bill.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

It DOES NOT authorize police to stop someone based only on their immigration. If stopped for another reason they have the authority to ask for immigration papers. Where is the problem with that? If you're stopped for a traffic violation, you MUST have a form of ID, this is no different. It authorizes police to detain anyone suspected of being an ILLEGAL alien and contact Federal Immigration officials to determine their status.

Here is a good article that offers explanation for why 70% of the citizens of Arizona support this law.

American Thinker: The Arizona Uproar

They live in fear not only for their property but in some cases their lives. If the Federal government isn't going to address this problem, then the state is well within it's rights to do so.

Rick

Everyone is going to know everything there is to know about this bill. Arizona brought this on themselves, the bill is a racist horror.

Everyone is going to know everything there is to know about this bill. Arizona brought this on themselves, the bill is a racist horror.

So, you've read it?

If not, you haven't got a clue, so STFU.

Rick
It's clear that if you get your information from American "Thinker" you're an idiot.

You STFU, asshole.

you shut the fuck up you lice picking twit.

You all are just pissed because even your own party is coming out against Arizona. Has JD weighed in on it yet? I see ignorant McCain is all for it. :cuckoo:

You all are just pissed because even your own party is coming out against Arizona. Has JD weighed in on it yet? I see ignorant McCain is all for it. :cuckoo:

I'm personally pissed cause ya'll didn't stand up and scream with outrage beccuse people were dying in Arizona, and Arizona was begging for help and didn't get any.. No problem for you folks.. just don't hurt a wittle illegals fweelings..

Let me see if I understand this... Everybody is pissed because the State of Arizona is going to demand to see proof of status from people who have broken the law to be there in the first place. I think anybody who is against this new law from Arizona has rocks in their head - unless they don't care about illegal aliens being in the United States. If that's the case you have bigger problems than just having rocks in your head. Another questions I have is why isn't everybody all up in arms concerning the federal law that Arizona mirrored to produce this law? Liberals confuse me...

Based on the premise that illegal immigration is ILLEGAL, I have zero sympathy for those who place themselves in harms way by violating the law.

And I have zero respect for those who claim "racism". Nobody should get a free pass based upon their race. The very thought of elevating one race to be above the law based upon race is heinous and disrespectful to human dignity.

Willow, you just can't jump behind every damn thing they come up with..

you don't yell and scream when people died in Arizona.. you ignored them.. you just don't want to hurt wittle illegals fweelings. and bloomerman is beyond contempt trying to gain money from Arizona's misery.. new yawk sucks the big one.

From the bill linked:

E. A Law Enforcement Officer, without a Warrant, may arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed any public offense that makes a person removable from the United States.

So, if a police officer suspects a person might be an illegal alien (which is an offense that makes a person removable from the US) than they can arrest them, at will, without a warrant.

I'm personally pissed cause ya'll didn't stand up and scream with outrage beccuse people were dying in Arizona, and Arizona was begging for help and didn't get any.. No problem for you folks.. just don't hurt a wittle illegals fweelings..

This law will nothing for people who are dying in Arizona. The drug cartels have endless money and mules.

This law will nothing for people who are dying in Arizona. The drug cartels have endless money and mules.

She understands this is the case but keeps the spin going anyway. SOP for Willow.

So, you've read it?

If not, you haven't got a clue, so STFU.

Rick
It's clear that if you get your information from American "Thinker" you're an idiot.

You STFU, asshole.

It's clear that you don't want to actually inform yourself on what is in the bill, but you'd rather remain ignorant. I posted a link to the text of the bill, did you take the time to read it?

And please tell me exactly what is untrue about the American Thinker article. I'd love to have you point out every lie told in that article. Please enlighten us all.

Rick

From the bill linked:

E. A Law Enforcement Officer, without a Warrant, may arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed any public offense that makes a person removable from the United States.

So, if a police officer suspects a person might be an illegal alien (which is an offense that makes a person removable from the US) than they can arrest them, at will, without a warrant.

There's something wrong with that? If the person has their identification on them there won't be a problem.

Do you drive without your drivers license? Do you know that if you get pulled over without it, you too can get arrested? What's the difference?

Rick

From the bill linked:

There's something wrong with that? If the person has their identification on them there won't be a problem.

Do you drive without your drivers license? Do you know that if you get pulled over without it, you too can get arrested? What's the difference?

Rick

Difference is, they need a reason to pull you over in every state but Arizona. There they can pull anyone over just on the suspicion that you are not in the country legally.

It is racist, you are too much a partisan hack to see it.

Rick

The difference is that if you are driving, and don't have a license then you are guilty of the crime of driving without a license....

...Not guilty of not having an ID.

Maybe some of the idiots in the press should actually sit down and take the time to read the 16 page bill that Arizona is getting beat up for right now. Here is a link to the text of the bill.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

It DOES NOT authorize police to stop someone based only on their immigration. If stopped for another reason they have the authority to ask for immigration papers. Where is the problem with that? If you're stopped for a traffic violation, you MUST have a form of ID, this is no different. It authorizes police to detain anyone suspected of being an ILLEGAL alien and contact Federal Immigration officials to determine their status.

Here is a good article that offers explanation for why 70% of the citizens of Arizona support this law.

American Thinker: The Arizona Uproar

They live in fear not only for their property but in some cases their lives. If the Federal government isn't going to address this problem, then the state is well within it's rights to do so.

Rick

but can't they use "reasonable cause" to make a lawful contact? Which would mean they can stop them if they think they are illegal. It says nothing about them having to have "reasonable cause" for another crime to stop them.

Forum List

Back