Ariz. sheriff: I'll jail immigration protesters

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The sheriff of the most populous county in Arizona says he's "not going to put up with any civil disobedience" when the state's new immigration law takes effect.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio says that if protesters want to block his jail, he'll put them in it.

The Arizona law, which takes effect Thursday, requires officers enforcing other laws to check a person's immigration status if they suspect the person is in the country illegally.

Arpaio told ABC's "Good Morning America" he doesn't know "what the big hype is."

He says it's "a crime to be here illegally and everyone should enforce" the law.

© 2010 The Associated Press

News from The Associated Press

---------------------------------------------------

Let's hope his police force is like Chicago's from the late 60's.

The "skull crackers"! :eusa_pray:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The sheriff of the most populous county in Arizona says he's "not going to put up with any civil disobedience" when the state's new immigration law takes effect.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio says that if protesters want to block his jail, he'll put them in it.

The Arizona law, which takes effect Thursday, requires officers enforcing other laws to check a person's immigration status if they suspect the person is in the country illegally.

Arpaio told ABC's "Good Morning America" he doesn't know "what the big hype is."

He says it's "a crime to be here illegally and everyone should enforce" the law.

© 2010 The Associated Press

News from The Associated Press

---------------------------------------------------

Let's hope his police force is like Chicago's from the late 60's.

The "skull crackers"! :eusa_pray:

Lets hope that. That way he goes to jail himself.

I'd like to see Arpaio spend a week in one of his tents. The guy sends corrections back to the medieval ages

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The sheriff of the most populous county in Arizona says he's "not going to put up with any civil disobedience" when the state's new immigration law takes effect./url]

Why am I not surprised?

I know I am. And he ain't even my Sheriff.

Good to see a so called Conservative wanting Americans to be jailed for invoking their first amendment rights. :thup:

So now showing "civil disobedience" is a first amendment right?

Since the sheriff said that he wouldn't tolerate any "civil disobedience" at protests, and never once said that he would arrest protesters who weren't breaking any laws, what could you possibly see wrong with his statement?

Talk about stretching the truth.

"Watch out, Joe said he'd arrest anyone who protests the Arizona law!!!!!!" Well, not really, he said he wouldn't put up with anyone who breaks the law while protesting. Sounds about right to me. Protest civilly and you'll be just fine.

Rick

go_sheriff_joe_tshirt-p23539182767129258299da_400.jpg

Since the sheriff said that he wouldn't tolerate any "civil disobedience" at protests, and never once said that he would arrest protesters who weren't breaking any laws, what could you possibly see wrong with his statement?

"Watch out, Joe said he'd arrest anyone who protests the Arizona law!!!!!!" Well, not really, he said he wouldn't put up with anyone who breaks the law while protesting. Sounds about right to me. Protest civilly and you'll be just fine.

Rick

We'll see when and if he starts throwing people who are merely protesting outside his jails without blocking it in jail. However, I hope that's not the case.

Rick

We'll see when and if he starts throwing people who are merely protesting outside his jails without blocking it in jail. However, I hope that's not the case.

I imagine he would only put the illegals in jail since they have broken the law.

Rick

And since he never said that he was going to do that, where exactly do you get that Stalin would be proud?

You do know that when protesting it is against the law to block access to and from public property, don't you? He said he'd enforce the law, is that now a problem with you?

Rick

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I imagine he would only put the illegals in jail since they have broken the law.

If people are blocking his jails, then yes I'm sure they broke some law and would be thrown in jail. But I have a feeling that Joe wouldn't stop there.

If people are blocking his jails, then yes I'm sure they broke some law and would be thrown in jail. But I have a feeling that Joe wouldn't stop there.

And we care about your feelings because?

Maybe you should try sticking to facts, like the fact that he said he'd arrest people who were breaking the law, and nothing more.

Rick

And since he never said that he was going to do that, where exactly do you get that Stalin would be proud?

You do know that when protesting it is against the law to block access to and from public property, don't you? He said he'd enforce the law, is that now a problem with you?

Rick

Of course he never said he was going to do that. Like I said, I have no problem with him enforcing the law.

Rick

Of course he never said he was going to do that. Like I said, I have no problem with him enforcing the law.

go beyond and do what?

Forum List

Back