Ariel Levy on 'raunch culture'

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
Feminist writes an article on the overt sexualization of women who consider it all "liberating" and asks "what went wrong? Feminism was supposed to end this sort of thing!".....

my answer.... this is the logical consequence of feminism.... feminism was, is and always will be a big lie.... If you were to go back to square one and try the feminist experiment again, you'd still end up in the same place.... women exposing their boobs for the camera and calling it "liberation"...

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article330823.ece

P.S. A while back some posters were comparing the Founding Fathers to today's liberals and asked "what is the difference"? To which I answer thusly.... the Founding Fathers were trying to correct an injustice but wanted society to remain much as it was (i.e. they didn't try to re-invent society)... today's so-called liberals want to re-invent society primarily, the justice part is just something they pay lip service to. They want to abolish differences between the sexes, they want to reinvent morality, they want to reinvent marriage, in short.... they want to reinvent just about everything in their image.....

Agreed.

Feminism isn't coherent in the slightest. I think many women think of it as a good thing, innocently asking for "equality" (which is not really an innocent request), but the truth is it's meant to subvert our society with a vengeance. Far more women have been destroyed by the conflicting messages of "feminism" than evil ol' male patriarchy.

I'm not for rigid exclusion of women from the workforce, for instance, but this crap has turned into a "must" for women and the denigration of women who choose the traditional path of marriage and motherhood.

William Joyce said:
Agreed.

Feminism isn't coherent in the slightest. I think many women think of it as a good thing, innocently asking for "equality" (which is not really an innocent request), but the truth is it's meant to subvert our society with a vengeance. Far more women have been destroyed by the conflicting messages of "feminism" than evil ol' male patriarchy.

I'm not for rigid exclusion of women from the workforce, for instance, but this crap has turned into a "must" for women and the denigration of women who choose the traditional path of marriage and motherhood.

I have to ask just what good the feminist movement really has done. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 made it a crime to discriminate on the basis of sex. The women's movement had barely begun then.

Also, the fact that many women entered the workforce during the late 1960s and 1970s was not due to the feminists but to economics.

As I asked before, just what good has the feminist movement actually done?

Forum List

Back