Argument for Atheist

Markainion said:
I can only speak for Jesus, as far as I know he is the judge. You can ask Arabian about Allah. I would prefer to be judge be Jesus personally.

lets assume you are correct and that jesus is the one true god and all other reigions are wrong.....all those other people are going to hell......also there is more than one religion based upon the teachings of jesus and not all of them can be correct therefore all but one, the one you belive in is wrong.... thus, all those people are going to hell as are all the agnostics and all the aethiests..... :dunno:

Isnt it considered heresy to speak for God or Jesus ? :D
I usually speak for myself. I guess they have exceptions for prophets.
Joseph Smith didnt make friends with that claim either, religion is
tricky topic. Just messing with you.

nosarcasm said:
Isnt it considered heresy to speak for God or Jesus ? :D
I usually speak for myself. I guess they have exceptions for prophets.
Joseph Smith didnt make friends with that claim either, religion is
tricky topic. Just messing with you.

was that not sarcasm? nosarcasm?

manu1959 said:
lets assume you are correct and that jesus is the one true god and all other reigions are wrong.....all those other people are going to hell......also there is more than one religion based upon the teachings of jesus and not all of them can be correct therefore all but one, the one you belive in is wrong.... thus, all those people are going to hell as are all the agnostics and all the aethiests..... :dunno:

That not how I was raised, you have to truly sin against Jesus. Few go to hell. You can’t be condemned for what you don’t know is right and wrong in the first place.

manu1959 said:
was that not sarcasm? nosarcasm?

no its humor.

sarcasm definition:

1.)A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2.)A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule
I did not intend either 1 or 2. But sometimes it is a close call.
I try to avoid sarcasm but overall I clearly fall short of the goal.

As you can see in the Iran thread, certain things in politics
take away your hope that it can be changed. Shame on me :crutch:

Markainion said:
That not how I was raised, you have to truly sin against Jesus. Few go to hell. You can’t be condemned for what you don’t know is right and wrong in the first place.

so i can be an aetheist not "truely sin against jesus and still get into heaven?

:alco:

manu1959 said:
maybe god, whichever one is in charge does not see what is happening as injustice :flameth: :flameth:

I don't really believe in these arguments I'm making, just find them interesting.

Sounds more like Metatron is in charge instead of God :tng:. It also looks kinda bad when there is no difference between the the behavior of a God and the operation of pure chance. If Evolution didn't need a God, the cause of the Lisbon Earthquake of 1756 that happened on All Saints Day and killed hundreds of thousands, and destroyed every Catholic Church in the city. Catholics said it was because of all the heathens in Lisbon. Protestants said it was God acting in anger towards Catholics.

For an interesting modern story, in Richmond a while back, there were all sunny skies. Not a day of rain. However, a hurricane, or maybe several in succession hit the Virginia mountains. All of a sudden the river just rose about 20 feet. People had warning because of the news. Imagine back to a time when they didn't have the Weather Channel and a river all of a sudden swallows up a small town with never a rain cloud in the sky. What are they going to think ;)?

manu1959 said:
so i can be an aetheist not "truely sin against jesus and still get into heaven?

:alco:

I can’t remember all the detail about how this comes about, but if I remember correctly, yes. It just takes longer. Hell is reserved for those that are truly evil, those that will never follow the teaching of Christ.

IControlThePast said:
I don't really believe in these arguments I'm making, just find them interesting.

Sounds more like Metatron is in charge instead of God :tng:. It also looks kinda bad when there is no difference between the the behavior of a God and the operation of pure chance. If Evolution didn't need a God, the cause of the Lisbon Earthquake of 1756 that happened on All Saints Day and killed hundreds of thousands, and destroyed every Catholic Church in the city. Catholics said it was because of all the heathens in Lisbon. Protestants said it was God acting in anger towards Catholics.

For an interesting modern story, in Richmond a while back, there were all sunny skies. Not a day of rain. However, a hurricane, or maybe several in succession hit the Virginia mountains. All of a sudden the river just rose about 20 feet. People had warning because of the news. Imagine back to a time when they didn't have the Weather Channel and a river all of a sudden swallows up a small town with never a rain cloud in the sky. What are they going to think ;)?

i to find discussions such as these as some of the most interesting one can have.

oh and the virgina thing......god was punishing yall for that stupid slogan....virginia is for "lovers".....

Markainion said:
I can’t remember all the detail about how this comes about, but if I remember correctly, yes. It just takes longer. Hell is reserved for those that are truly evil, those that will never follow the teaching of Christ.

cool! thank you so much...... i will let my wife know there is no point going to church sunday..... :hail:

manu1959 said:
cool! thank you so much...... i will let my wife know there is no point going to church sunday..... :hail:

The Lutheran church in Germany taught me that once you accept
Jesus christ you are saved. Since I received confirmation all
acts of evil and disobience against God would be still forgiven thanks
to Jesus sacrifice.

Now I am not the person that trusts in their theology to begin with
but that is probably what they still teach.

manu1959 said:

Well there is a heavenly benefits in being a Christian and good person. You are judge for your mortal life. Just not condemned to hell because of ignorance.

Ask you a question. If someone is a good person and has lived his or her life with out even see or hearing of the Bible. Do you think Jesus will condemn him or her for not know about the Bible? What happens to such a person?

Markainion said:
Well there is a heavenly benefits in being a Christian and good person. You are judge for your mortal life. Just not condemned to hell because of ignorance. ?

i thought you said you wouldn't go to hell for being iggnorant?

Markainion said:
Ask you a question. If someone is a good person and has lived his or her life with out even see or hearing of the Bible. Do you think Jesus will condemn him or her for not know about the Bible? What happens to such a person?

i have been told .... that if you live a good life in accordnace with the teachings in the bible which you are suposed to know inately because you are one of god's children .... and of course if jesus is actually in charge ...... you get to go to heaven anyway .... pretty cool huh?

nosarcasm said:
The Lutheran church in Germany taught me that once you accept
Jesus christ you are saved. Since I received confirmation all
acts of evil and disobience against God would be still forgiven thanks
to Jesus sacrifice.

Now I am not the person that trusts in their theology to begin with
but that is probably what they still teach.

Gee, maybe my Lutheran neighbors were right all those years ago. I should give up on RC and go Lutheran! RC says what you do as far as when you accept Christ, but then one must strive to follow his teachings. When one errs, one must be 'heartily sorry' and attempt to amend, but definately turn away from that evil. Otherwise, the deal is off.

manu1959 said:
i to find discussions such as these as some of the most interesting one can have.

oh and the virgina thing......god was punishing yall for that stupid slogan....virginia is for "lovers".....

How can you believe there is a God if you are a fan of the Red Devils? :tng: :D

Kathianne said:
Gee, maybe my Lutheran neighbors were right all those years ago. I should give up on RC and go Lutheran! RC says what you do as far as when you accept Christ, but then one must strive to follow his teachings. When one errs, one must be 'heartily sorry' and attempt to amend, but definately turn away from that evil. Otherwise, the deal is off.

to my understanding Catholics assume that you have to repent and
believe in God before you die in order to qualify for Jesus sacrifice.

The concept of hell was never very convincing to me. Why would
God want to give Satan more followers for his next grab for power?

manu1959 said:
i thought you said you wouldn't go to hell for being iggnorant?

You’re not going to hell for not knowing Christian beliefs. You can go to hell for knowing Christian beliefs and then denying that you ever knew them. As for Heaven those that follow the true church get rewarded more within heaven than those that fallow a false churches. But those that follow a false religion get a chance to enter heaven by accepting the truth. Overall your judge by how good a person you are and how well you followed the truth you did know.

Hell to me is forever you don't get a chance to get out of it.

i have been told .... that if you live a good life in accordnace with the teachings in the bible which you are suposed to know inately because you are one of god's children .... and of course if jesus is actually in charge ...... you get to go to heaven anyway .... pretty cool huh?

I'm glad we can agree on something.

There are usually a couple of things that bother me in discussion like this. The first is the concept of competing religions. Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Church of Christ, etc etc each think that their's is the "right" religion. I reject those notions. I believe that following the teachings of Christ and living your life as best you can in accordance with Christian principle is the important thing. I don't believe that the label you attach to your faith really makes any difference.

The second thing that I fail to understand is how some people can continue to be atheist. To be an atheist, you have to accept the theory that somehow a space appeared. That space contained a teeny-tiny little atom, which somehow multiplied and gained density until the mass finally exploded. That explosion then somehow ordered itself into the myriad of worlds and stars in the universe. Somehow, life evolved out of an exploded mass of stuff, which they can't explain, which occupied a space which somehow, also inexplicably, simply appeared and formed galaxies and the universe. To be an atheist, you have to ignore not only common sense, but history as well.

To be an atheist, you have to get up each morning, look at the wonder of your own body, look at the diversity of life and the wonder of our own planet and say "yup, just another explosion". Personally, I have a lot of trouble with that.

How do I know what is right?

Simple.

Faith.

1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.

Merlin1047 said:
There are usually a couple of things that bother me in discussion like this. The first is the concept of competing religions. Catholics, Baptists, Lutherans, Church of Christ, etc etc each think that their's is the "right" religion. I reject those notions. I believe that following the teachings of Christ and living your life as best you can in accordance with Christian principle is the important thing. I don't believe that the label you attach to your faith really makes any difference.

The second thing that I fail to understand is how some people can continue to be atheist. To be an atheist, you have to accept the theory that somehow a space appeared. That space contained a teeny-tiny little atom, which somehow multiplied and gained density until the mass finally exploded. That explosion then somehow ordered itself into the myriad of worlds and stars in the universe. Somehow, life evolved out of an exploded mass of stuff, which they can't explain, which occupied a space which somehow, also inexplicably, simply appeared and formed galaxies and the universe. To be an atheist, you have to ignore not only common sense, but history as well.

To be an atheist, you have to get up each morning, look at the wonder of your own body, look at the diversity of life and the wonder of our own planet and say "yup, just another explosion". Personally, I have a lot of trouble with that.

Ahem, notice not 'amen.' Neither the RC or Lutheran picked up any argument. That's the way we are.

Forum List

Back