Argentina legalized gay marriage

Well, we disagree on our vices! :)

Not exactly a fan of drugs...wouldn't touch them, but who am I to say what you want to do with your body?

Well, we disagree on our vices! :)

Not exactly a fan of drugs...wouldn't touch them, but who am I to say what you want to do with your body?

Why are you so fixated with my body suddenly?

Kidding.

Who are you to say? Well, there are those who believe my use of cigarettes is costly to society in the form of higher healthcare costs. If I thought they were right, I wouldn't complain about the tax on cigs.

So I guess that means you're a citizen with a right to put forth your best argument in the civic debate. May the best arguments win.

Well, we do have disagreements on issues, too. We're not an Echo Chamber! Perhaps you're still one. :D

Well, I'll say this: I'd much rather enjoy a pipe and bowl of some good weed on my Friday nights than a bottle of wine. I'd feel a hell of a lot better the next day, too. but I'm not gonna risk jail and my job for it.
You don't have to smoke to be a libertarian.

I cannot because I work in hospitals, but I still defend the right of others to do so.

Who are you to say? Well, there are those who believe my use of cigarettes is costly to society in the form of higher healthcare costs. If I thought they were right, I wouldn't complain about the tax on cigs.
If we didn't have nationalized healthcare, I wouldn't give a damn about your healthcare costs.

Homosexual marriage is a lame attempt at validating their abominable lifestyle. Most Americans ain't buying it.

They will eventually. Most young people support it. Most old people oppose it. Eventually, nature will take over and those who oppose it won't be around to oppose it anymore.

Its only a matter of time.

Most young people are liberal, then they mature.

True, but young people were more accepting of blacks in the 1960s than their parents and grandparents, and now the country is much less racist and integrated today.

The same will happen with homosexuality. A generation or two from now, when gay marriage is legal, people will look back at this time and wonder what all the fuss was about.

What the fuck? CurvedLight just sent me a note saying he'd like to take me up on that offer of flying him to the country of his choice to live and he chose Argentina, I wondered why until I read ths thread. :lol:

They will eventually. Most young people support it. Most old people oppose it. Eventually, nature will take over and those who oppose it won't be around to oppose it anymore.

True, but young people were more accepting of blacks in the 1960s than their parents and grandparents, and now the country is much less racist and integrated today.

The same will happen with homosexuality. A generation or two from now, when gay marriage is legal, people will look back at this time and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Probably, but right now there isn't all that much fuss. When SSM is on a ballot, it usually loses. Big.

Most of us in this neck of the woods think the same way. What is the big deal about gay folks wanting to marry someone they fall in love with?
It is weird to me and I do not understand it other than they want to do it out of love.
Doesn't affect me so I mind my own business and send them a congrats and good luck card.
Non issue of no importance other than they should have the right to do it.

Stupid argument to be having, if homoqueers want to be unhappy and risk losing half their shit like the rest of us, I say more power to them.

Probably, but right now there isn't all that much fuss. When SSM is on a ballot, it usually loses. Big.
Issues like this shouldn't be on the ballot. Unfortunately, they are.

OT for a bit: I hope that the Prop for legalization doesn't meet the same fate Prop 8 did.

New Topics

Forum List

Back