Aretha Franklin gravelly ill

Wow, I surprisingly enjoyed perusing this rather inane thread... which leads me to question whether I might have an idolization issue with issues of pertinence, relevancy & reality... :)

Get yourself a 'Greatest hits' compilation of her songs for your collection, or downloads or whatever you prefer. She has a powerful voice worth a listen. Music and pop culture are a major industry for America and its exports, as well as an influence on its politics, if nothing else, so why not dabble a little?

Let's not blow this out of proportion. She was a good singer, maybe even a great singer, but I wouldn't consider her the greatest singer of all time. R.I.P. Aretha.
Aretha had her style. She gave everything she had to every song she had. Greatest is subjective....but she sure was original

Talent like hers will be remember for a very ,very long time, thank you for all the wonderful music!
(((( Rest In Peace Aretha)))

gBkLM4N.jpg

Talent like hers will be remember for a very ,very long time, thank you for all the wonderful music!

gBkLM4N.jpg

She had a long, wonderful life...money, fame, the adoration of millions...good job, Aretha....tonight you're free of Earth's pain and suffering and singing in the Lord's choir. :eusa_pray:

gBkLM4N.jpg

Indeed. Listening to a lot of retrospectives and old interviews with her the last couple of days, and a whole body of her work I've never heard or hven't heard in many years is being played; excellent jazz singer.

And yet stations like NPR and the others don't play any of her great Gospel songs, as if the vast majority of her life's musical legacy is being completely blacked out. What a shame.

:bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2:

I bow to her to Aretha ..

Amazing!

Aretha Franklin - Oh Me Oh My (I'm A Fool For You Baby)

Another favorite ....it does not get better than Aretha!

Aretha Franklin - Jimmy Lee

I really liked Aretha and I really admired her! :clap:

Aretha Franklin - United Together (A Tribute)

Forum List

Back