Aren't right wingers curious why their Leader, Mitt won't release his tax returns?

Romney's failure to release all of his tax returns is somewhat politically embarrassing, so presumably he has chosen not to release them because the returns themselves are even more politically embarrassing. We've seen any number of embarrassing issues crop up when tax returns for politicians seeking elected or appointive office are released. In Romney's case, presumably he has employed any number of potentially embarrassing devices to keep his effective tax-rate below that of many middle-class voters. That alone (and who knows whether there are other things) might be reason enough for him to choose not to release them. One thing that I am certain of is that if there was nothing in the returns that could hurt him politically then he would release them.

Apply the same logic to Obama's College transcripts. Zzzzzzzzzzz... Wake me up when either Romney's Tax Return, or Obama's transcripts mean a damned thing... Other than one person paid too much, and the other is a moron in an empty suit... Respectively.

cuid.jpg

Romney's failure to release all of his tax returns is somewhat politically embarrassing, so presumably he has chosen not to release them because the returns themselves are even more politically embarrassing. We've seen any number of embarrassing issues crop up when tax returns for politicians seeking elected or appointive office are released. In Romney's case, presumably he has employed any number of potentially embarrassing devices to keep his effective tax-rate below that of many middle-class voters. That alone (and who knows whether there are other things) might be reason enough for him to choose not to release them. One thing that I am certain of is that if there was nothing in the returns that could hurt him politically then he would release them.

And why on earth is it embarassing?

You are right, it should be clarified. It would be embarassing to the independents who will decide the elections. The dems already know he is a joke, and as long as he is not Obama the republicans will vote for him.

Apply the same logic to Obama's College transcripts. Zzzzzzzzzzz... Wake me up when either Romney's Tax Return, or Obama's transcripts mean a damned thing... Other than one person paid too much, and the other is a moron in an empty suit... Respectively.

You spelled mormon wrong.

You are right, it should be clarified. It would be embarassing to the independents who will decide the elections. The dems already know he is a joke, and as long as he is not Obama the republicans will vote for him.

And as long as Obama remains a democrat you will vote for him regardless of results. So feed your bullshit to someone who gives a shit.

you do know what "respectively" means correct?

Because Romney pays a lower tax rate than salaried voters because he is richer than them (one cannot derive large amounts of investment income without large assets). This is the sort of thing that some voters resent, and almost none applaud. Because Romney keeps some of his money in secretive accounts in the Cayman islands to avoid US tax liability. Even conservatives say that Romney's handling of his tax returns has hurt him (DeMint says Romney's tax answer 'hurt him' - POLITICO.com) and I'm inclined to think that that is because his tax returns are an inherent liability.

Personally, I'm sympathetic to the argument that everyone is entitled to pay the least amount of taxes they legally can (which Romney may or may not have done) even if that means exploiting loopholes. But I think it is clear enough that some of these devices, including the ones we know Romney has used, are political liabilities.

Obama should release his college records, the ones that show him as a foreign born student

Now, you know the media holds people to different standards. Obama wasn't vetted and the media will continue to look the other way when others vet him.

Mitt is already being attacked just for having money, which isn't a shock considering that Obama has vilified the wealthy from day one. Releasing his tax returns would just give the spin machine more excuses to run stories every day about how rich Mitt is and how his wife didn't have to work outside the home.

Romney’s approach to campaign openness: Keep secrets and release only what law says he must

BOSTON — Keeping his secrets, Mitt Romney tends to lift the veil on his finances and campaign only if the law says he must.

The Republican presidential candidate refuses to identify his biggest donors who “bundle” money for his campaign. He often declines to say who’s meeting with him or what he’s doing for hours at a time. He puts limits on media access to his fundraisers. And he resists releasing all of his tax returns, making just a single year public after facing pressure to do so.

Romney’s approach to campaign openness: Keep secrets and release only what law says he must - The Washington Post

President Obama released six years worth of his tax returns March 25, 2008, trying to pressure his then-Democratic rival Hillary Clinton to do the same. Obama has since released his tax returns annually, and his campaign has sought to make an issue out of Romney not releasing his tax returns, or the donors who bundle financial contributions for his campaign.

Romney has never released his tax returns – when running for US Senate in 1994, for governor of Massachusetts in 2002, or during his last presidential bid in 2008. During his 1994 race against Senator Edward M. Kennedy, he called on him to release his state and federal taxes to prove he had “nothing to hide.”

Mitt Romney refuses to release tax returns - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

Do you even know how hypcritical you look?

Because Romney pays a lower tax rate than salaried voters because he is richer than them (one cannot derive large amounts of investment income without large assets). This is the sort of thing that some voters resent, and almost none applaud. Because Romney keeps some of his money in secretive accounts in the Cayman islands to avoid US tax liability. Even conservatives say that Romney's handling of his tax returns has hurt him (DeMint says Romney's tax answer 'hurt him' - POLITICO.com) and I'm inclined to think that that is because his tax returns are an inherent liability.

Personally, I'm sympathetic to the argument that everyone is entitled to pay the least amount of taxes they legally can (which Romney may or may not have done) even if that means exploiting loopholes. But I think it is clear enough that some of these devices, including the ones we know Romney has used, are political liabilities.

Wow, I would love to see the sources (FACTS) for all that "material" you presented. You are aware "rate" means percentage? Secretive accounts? Wow... Just wow.

And as long as Obama remains a democrat you will vote for him regardless of results. So feed your bullshit to someone who gives a shit.

dude I've watched your emotional rollercoaster on this board on who you would vote for for the past what 4 months?

God you people have zero room to talk.

One minute you are all up in arms over something obama said, and the next making excuses for your guy who just said the samething, just slightly different.

Its just sad.

yeah, I dont know his rate, but if it is lower, it's because of tax exemptions by liberals.

Conservatives would take a flat tax, with NO deductions (ier loopholes), but liberals will NEVER go fo it. So stop complaining, this is what you want.

A graduated income tax with plenty of loopholes (you really think democrats like taxes, See John Kerry's boat)is what you libs love!

dude I've watched your emotional rollercoaster on this board on who you would vote for for the past what 4 months?

God you people have zero room to talk.

One minute you are all up in arms over something obama said, and the next making excuses for your guy who just said the samething, just slightly different.

Its just sad.
You know, I remember you. You spent 8 years whining like a little bitch over George W. Bush.......and now you defend the same thing in Barak H. Obama.

Perhaps you should just refrain from trying to point out the hypocrisy of others.

Awwwwe, does repubwicon baby need a pacifier?

you do know what "respectively" means correct?

I cannot expect someone who spelled mormon wrong to have a good grasp of language.

New Topics

Forum List

Back