"Area 51" review (spoilers)

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Until it showed up on Mediacom's digital cable 99 cent ppv menu (which is the only reason I checked it out having noticed it prior on the regular priced menus but passed) I woulda waited to see if it wound up on the free menus. Another 'found footage' selection it's about an abductee who infiltrates Area 51 with a couple friends with an assortment of HIGHLY implausible techniques, and lots of trapsing around the base through stairwells with footfalls so loud and loud whispers I was struck thinking of the parody of "Batman" "Geez Alfred, why don't ya tell the whole world we're down here!" :)

Neat bits account for about 20 seconds during the abduction (as they later reveal) when at a party the lights go out and the guy vanishes. Then again when in the base they find their way to a lab and find some alien tech. But as a found footage sorta movie there's no actual storyline to speak of and it doesn't wrap anything up, explain anything, and leaes it all up to the viewer to figure out.

For 99 cents, a good selection. For more than that I'da been pissed. :) But if you like found footage flicks it's not horrible, just don't expect to have anything explained or resolved.

Forum List

Back