Are your taxes fair? Most say yes

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
..........the poll shows that 54 percent believe their tax bills are either somewhat fair or very fair, compared with 46 percent who say they are unfair.

In the poll, Democrats were more likely than Republicans to think their tax bills were fair. Liberals and moderates were more likely to think so than conservatives. Women more likely than men. Most whites thought their tax bills were fair; most non-whites didn't.

Sandra Jennings, a retired teacher in South Bend, Ind., said her federal taxes are fair, but she thinks rich people get off too easily.

Rich people, she said in an interview, "get all these loopholes. The middle class does not have loopholes."

Mari Lemelson of Edison, N.J., said, "I have a big problem with the millionaires, at least what I understand to be the millionaires' tax breaks."

AP-GfK Poll: Are your taxes fair? Most say yes - Yahoo! News

..........the poll shows that 54 percent believe their tax bills are either somewhat fair or very fair, compared with 46 percent who say they are unfair.

In the poll, Democrats were more likely than Republicans to think their tax bills were fair. Liberals and moderates were more likely to think so than conservatives. Women more likely than men. Most whites thought their tax bills were fair; most non-whites didn't.

Sandra Jennings, a retired teacher in South Bend, Ind., said her federal taxes are fair, but she thinks rich people get off too easily.

Rich people, she said in an interview, "get all these loopholes. The middle class does not have loopholes."

Mari Lemelson of Edison, N.J., said, "I have a big problem with the millionaires, at least what I understand to be the millionaires' tax breaks."

I love how Sandra and Mari feel they are not only qualified to comment on their own taxes but also on those of the “rich”. Anyway, since this survey indicates most people are happy with their own taxes, it also seems to indicate the Bush tax rates are just about right. So what's all the fuss about?

I pay more in taxes annually than some Liberals earn in income. Yeah - I pay my share - and a lot of theirs as well. Enjoy your food stamps assholes.

There's no way on earth it's fair that 50% of the people pay ZERO income tax and some get rebates on the ZEro they pay. Not fair at all.

Most people are stupid sheep who let the fucking government take take money out of their paychecks and use it as an interest free loan and then prove their fucking stupidity by being happy to get a big fat refund check.

Do you really think that the opinion of morons on taxes is one people should listen to?

P
Most people are stupid sheep who let the fucking government take take money out of their paychecks and use it as an interest free loan and then prove their fucking stupidity by being happy to get a big fat refund check.

Do you really think that the opinion of morons on taxes is one people should listen to?

And all the while a lot of them think they're getting one over on the govt when they get their refund.

There's no way on earth it's fair that 50% of the people pay ZERO income tax and some get rebates on the ZEro they pay. Not fair at all.

AND....like Warren Buffet says....it's not fair that the rich pay less in percentage than their secretaries.

Well, considering ALL the taxes, Fed, State, gasoline, sales, real estate, personal property, excise, etc.... and then you have folks paying $0 and sucking the system dry...

I'd have to say no; that isn't fair.

I pay more in taxes annually than some Liberals earn in income. Yeah - I pay my share - and a lot of theirs as well. Enjoy your food stamps assholes.

Of course you do. :eusa_liar:

Yeah whenever someone goes that far out of their way to state their income on the internet, you can pretty much assume the opposite is true.

On another note people should look at their paychecks before determining whether or not they think they're being taxed fairly. No matter your income imagine what you could do with all that money taken from you.

Just like your 401k has dropped since Obama took office? :lol:

Perfect... iow "I have a big problem because I am told to just don't ask me to understand or explain why."

Forum List

Back