Are your congressmen doing a good job?

Killuminati

Jan 29, 2009
Memphis,TN
Are your congressmen doing a good job? Are your congressmen representing you well? I haven't pay much attention to the 9 representatives voting records, but I have been glanced at the way the 2 senators representing my state vote, and they do not vote for the interest of the common person. Why do we always send this bastards to washington? They make up there and flip-flop all over the place and most don't even hold them accountable. How is your local congress doing? Tennessee senators need to reevaluate whats important, and work on behalf of the people and not special interests.

Another way to look at this is that the people need to do a better job of making their viewpoints known. The "special interest" debate has been raging for at least 30 years now, if not longer, and nothing has changed. The fault lies with the people, period. Most people just don't give a damn, and among those who do, an occasional letter to Congress or the Senate isn't enough. Our representatives don't listen because, for the most part, there is nothing to listen to.

I voted for my current Congressman, and I will not be making that mistake again. Voting for the "stimulus" sealed that deal.

I have been against my Republican congressional representative for a while now.. he is very much into self interests and has not had the proper view into trimming down government and various other things.. he's had his personal hands in some places he should not have, in terms of looking to sell personal land to a power company for a new plant in our district, even though we have a power surplus. The power would have been shipped out of state and would have basically lined his pockets... however, recently, he did stand up to Obama about this God awful stimulus bill...

But the DEM running against him in the past election was a boob, and there was no way I would vote for her Obamabot, redistribution stance.... so in actuality I did not vote for either and I begrudgingly voted (wasted the vote) for the libertarian candidate, who I agreed with more (though did not like his stances on many things)... I simply voted that way based on the scorecard I made up and the tally of each candidate against that scorecard....

Last edited:
i know one of my senators is refusing to provide documentation of the sweetheart mortgage deal he got from Countrywide.

Now why do you suppose that is??????

so in actuality I did not vote for either and I begrudgingly voted (wasted the vote) for the libertarian candidate, who I agreed with more (though did not like his stances on many things)... I simply voted that way based on the scorecard I made up and the tally of each candidate against that scorecard....

Voting on principle is never a wasted vote, even if your candidate doesn't win and maybe never had a real chance. That's my opinion anyway.

i know one of my senators is refusing to provide documentation of the sweetheart mortgage deal he got from Countrywide.

Now why do you suppose that is??????

he finally sobered up?
Cute, we have one here that is a long time well known drunk. Moved to another district and ran for a congressional seat. He would have never made it if he had not moved.

No. He sucks. Our old Congressman retired. So we have a new jackass. Hopefully, he'll be a one termer like the last Dem we had in the 11th.

I sent him a note, "11 Democrats did not vote for the stimulus bill. Why weren't you one of them?"

I haven't heard back yet.

Are your congressmen doing a good job? Are your congressmen representing you well? I haven't pay much attention to the 9 representatives voting records, but I have been glanced at the way the 2 senators representing my state vote, and they do not vote for the interest of the common person. Why do we always send this bastards to washington? They make up there and flip-flop all over the place and most don't even hold them accountable. How is your local congress doing? Tennessee senators need to reevaluate whats important, and work on behalf of the people and not special interests.

My Congressman and both my Senators are adamantly opposed to the House stimulus plan. That's two republicans and one democrat. That makes them great in my book.

Politicians are all alike. They sell themselves like a used car salesman. You buy the product by voting for them, & then find out you drove off the lot with a lemon.

The best argument against a democracy is a 5 minute conversation with an average voter. "Winston Churchill.

Now that the Presidential election is over--the overwhelming majority of Americans have now gone back to sleep for another 4 years. They will wake up to watch the Presidential debates in another 4 years & cast their vote again. Yet most are devoid of any knowledge of what happened during those 4 years.

Only a minut few of us actually pay attention every day as to what our government is up too. The problem is our politicians know this & play upon it at every opportunity.

I make a point of contacting my senators & congressmen. At least they know I am watching what they're up too. I encourage others to do the same--I actually get replies from my representatives. Right now, I am pressuring two democrat senators to vote against this stimulus bill. We'll see what they do.

BTW--a good organization if you're concerned about this run-a-way, reckless spending. Register & become a member of citizensagainstgovernmentwaste.com It's free & easy. By clicking a button they will automatically send your congressmen & senators a letter in opposition to this stimulus bill. They will also inform you of other representatives or the "porker of the month" so you are informed what representatives & senators are asking for in taxpayer dollars--that you would otherwise never know about.

Last edited:
Oreo actually makes some sense about what politicians and voters are like.

Here in Washington (state) it's been the "turd sandwich v. giant douche" for elections and all our picks, so we jut haven't had a chance for the longest time. I have almost forgotten what it was like to actually know who I wanted in positions of power, now, I just don't want any of them.

what are the "interests of the common person"?

I can see where you might find Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker problematic.

what are the "interests of the common person"?

I can see where you might find Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker problematic.

Yeah, Bob Corker beat out Harold Ford Jr for the senate seat. It was a close race, my state if full of idiots who have been programed to vote one way.

Well...for Republicans, Snowe and Collins seem fairly nationalistic to me, so I'd have to say, they don't totally piss me off.

Forum List

Back