Are You Willing to Die for "America"?

:eusa_think: I wonder why it's so hard to pay taxes?

I'm willing to die before becoming a serf to a nanny state. I would have no respect for myself or for leaders who took us there, with the votes of people who need others for their survival because they feel "entitled" to free everything just because they were born. **Losers**

Indeed. Just because you're BORN here doesn't MEAN that you're entitled to my sweat equity...and for anyone that thinks that they are 'just because' are in for a fight...and they had better come armed to justify their pilfering of my bank account "just because"...

You guys make it sound like 85% of the population is on welfare... Is that REALLY how you see it, or are you exaggerating for the political show?

I have no problem paying taxes. I have a problem when the people we elect to spend our taxes can't control their spending.

absolutely. If we really focused on the necessities too we wouldn't have a shortage with the amounts we are taxed. It's poor management and waste that are killing us

So why all the screaming for additional tax cuts? :dunno:

I have no problem paying taxes. I have a problem when the people we elect to spend our taxes can't control their spending.

So why all the hub-bub about the revenue side? If we all agree taxes are necessary, why is there no agreement on an equitable tax code?

Taxes, to a certain extent, may be necessary, but continually aspiring by our government to keep raising them for the benefit of people who contribute nothing to our nation is ridiculous (including Israelis), and should be stopped "by any means necessary."

I willingly put my life on the line for my country

Why should I be forced to support "you"?

If you're willing to die, and I ass-u-me kill, for America, why are you not willing to toss a few bucks into a fund to keep the crazies like me off the streets?

I am willing to shoot crazies like you to keep you away from decent society, but not give my property to the government in hopes they will use it for that purpose.

Are you willing to pay for the stuff that you DO use like roads, bridges, & airports? Unfortunately, that also supports me because I use roads and bridges to get to where I make my living... DAMN! Missed it by that much!

Roads and bridges may be a legitimate expense for our taxes, but airports should be under the aegis of private enterprise.

Are you willing to pay for nothing? Education? (no, private enterprise) Food Safety? (no, use the courts for any complaints) Contract enforcement? (courts are for this purpose) ( DAMN! Everyone of those worthwhile government endeavors also supports ME! (probably my taxes, also).

:dunno: Sorry W.T., I can't think of a way you can support America without supporting me in the process.

Did you ever think about supporting yourself?

Here's an idea lefties, why don't you donate double your tax or give back the excess withholding if it makes you feel patriotic?

What the hell would be the point of that? I take it you are one of the few making enough money on the complicated chunk of bullshit we call a tax code to support keeping the status quo? It's o.k. - I'd probably feel different too if I could afford to defer all tax questions to an attorney.

Kudos on your success! :beer:

Then stop crying about the rest of us not being robbed of more taxes.

:eusa_think: I wonder why it's so hard to pay taxes?

I'm willing to die before becoming a serf to a nanny state. I would have no respect for myself or for leaders who took us there, with the votes of people who need others for their survival because they feel "entitled" to free everything just because they were born here.

You are a woman after my own heart, Athena.

absolutely. If we really focused on the necessities too we wouldn't have a shortage with the amounts we are taxed. It's poor management and waste that are killing us

Some of you people would be in favor of doing away with ALL unnecessary taxes EXCEPT the $15,000,000 we give Israel every day.

Funny how lefties make a point of disrespecting the Flag and the Military and their Country while their idea of patriotism is picking someone else's pocket.

And all of that is true. The only thing better than a full house is a brother-in-law with an elected position...

But those are issues on the spending side of the equation. As I said in an open letter to my representatives*, "1. Deficit Spending MUST be relegated to the history books." I placed it number 1 on my list and that was on purpose - not to belittle the other three items on my request of congress.

This thread is about item number two, "Ground up reformation of our bullshit tax code."

What are you all willing to pay in taxes ass-u-me-ing you can tolerate the behavior of the government you supposedly own?

* http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/162812-to-taxation-with-representation.html

So why all the hub-bub about the revenue side? If we all agree taxes are necessary, why is there no agreement on an equitable tax code?

Taxes, to a certain extent, may be necessary, but continually aspiring by our government to keep raising them for the benefit of people who contribute nothing to our nation is ridiculous (including Israelis), and should be stopped "by any means necessary."

Again I must ask, who are these tax-dollar sucking leeches? And again I point out that there are a plethora of 'bitch about spending' threads to choose from. I want to talk taxes.

Here's an idea lefties, why don't you donate double your tax or give back the excess withholding if it makes you feel patriotic?

What the hell would be the point of that? I take it you are one of the few making enough money on the complicated chunk of bullshit we call a tax code to support keeping the status quo? It's o.k. - I'd probably feel different too if I could afford to defer all tax questions to an attorney.

Kudos on your success! :beer:

Then stop crying about the rest of us not being robbed of more taxes.

Can I assume then that you prefer the bullshit status quo tax code that enslaves you or your attorney for at least the equivalent of a few hours every year?

I'll bet you $1.00 that you're not THAT wealthy.

Funny how lefties make a point of disrespecting the Flag and the Military and their Country while their idea of patriotism is picking someone else's pocket.

One of the best jobs of pointlessly flinging bullshit labels about that I've ever seen! Kudos!

Again I must ask, who are these tax-dollar sucking leeches? And again I point out that there are a plethora of 'bitch about spending' threads to choose from. I want to talk taxes.

Is there something wrong with you? Why are you so irate? The leeches I refer to are the people who contribute nothing to the general fund with their not paying income taxes, and you must have overlooked the part about Israel, the smallest country that we give the most money to in the world; more than all of sub-Saharan Africa, and more than all the Pacific rim nations combined. What does Israel do to deserve this largess? Spy on us and sell our secrets to our enemies. If that isn't about taxes, what is it about, big boy?

Is there something wrong with you? Why are you so irate? The leeches I refer to are the people who contribute nothing to the general fund with their not paying income taxes, and you must have overlooked the part about Israel, the smallest country that we give the most money to in the world; more than all of sub-Saharan Africa, and more than all the Pacific rim nations combined. What does Israel do to deserve this largess? Spy on us and sell our secrets to our enemies. If that isn't about taxes, what is it about, big boy?

Taxes.

spending.

So it appears that we agree. The bullshit tax code needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

I've already written both my Senators and my Representative... Still need to get some e-mails off to the gang in Tallahassee, and one or two to The Whitehouse....... You?

And don't call me 'Big Boy' in public. :eusa_shhh: Charlie is gonna go ballistic.

I believe the most commonly used statistic, lately, is 48% of Americans pay a net of zero taxes and reap big refunds on top of that.

Forum List

Back