Are You Willing to Die for "America"?

I have no problem paying taxes. I have a problem when the people we elect to spend our taxes can't control their spending.

So why all the hub-bub about the revenue side? If we all agree taxes are necessary, why is there no agreement on an equitable tax code?

I watched Gretta lastnight for a few minutes, and the stack of paper (the tax code) was litterally about 4 feet tall!

That is just REDICULOUS, and BOTH parties are guilty of gluttony.

Its refreshing to see some the new boots concerned, and willing to face the pressure to change it.

The problem is that that 4-foot stack of paper directs rivers of cash whose courses will not be altered without a fight from those whose lawyers use it for profit.

I'll bet 75% to 85% of Americans would like to see the 4' tax code scrapped and done over using just one notebook, but the other 15 to 25% are making enough money off the current code to spend a LOT on politics to keep it in play.

Democracy in action.

I have no problem paying taxes. I have a problem when the people we elect to spend our taxes can't control their spending.

So why all the hub-bub about the revenue side? If we all agree taxes are necessary, why is there no agreement on an equitable tax code?
Some taxes are necessary, wasteful spending is not.

Some taxes are necessary... and this thread is about the revenue side, not spending.

Here's an idea lefties, why don't you donate double your tax or give back the excess withholding if it makes you feel patriotic?

I willingly put my life on the line for my country

Why should I be forced to support "you"?

If you're willing to die, and I ass-u-me kill, for America, why are you not willing to toss a few bucks into a fund to keep the crazies like me off the streets?

Are you willing to pay for the stuff that you DO use like roads, bridges, & airports? Unfortunately, that also supports me because I use roads and bridges to get to where I make my living... DAMN! Missed it by that much!

Are you willing to pay for nothing? Education? Food Safety? Contract enforcement? DAMN! Everyone of those worthwhile government endeavors also supports ME!

:dunno: Sorry W.T., I can't think of a way you can support America without supporting me in the process.

Here's an idea lefties, why don't you donate double your tax or give back the excess withholding if it makes you feel patriotic?

What the hell would be the point of that? I take it you are one of the few making enough money on the complicated chunk of bullshit we call a tax code to support keeping the status quo? It's o.k. - I'd probably feel different too if I could afford to defer all tax questions to an attorney.

Kudos on your success! :beer:

:eusa_think: I wonder why it's so hard to pay taxes?

I'm willing to die before becoming a serf to a nanny state. I would have no respect for myself or for leaders who took us there, with the votes of people who need others for their survival because they feel "entitled" to free everything just because they were born here.

Last edited:
I willingly put my life on the line for my country

Why should I be forced to support "you"?

If you're willing to die, and I ass-u-me kill, for America, why are you not willing to toss a few bucks into a fund to keep the crazies like me off the streets?

Are you willing to pay for the stuff that you DO use like roads, bridges, & airports? Unfortunately, that also supports me because I use roads and bridges to get to where I make my living... DAMN! Missed it by that much!

Are you willing to pay for nothing? Education? Food Safety? Contract enforcement? DAMN! Everyone of those worthwhile government endeavors also supports ME!

:dunno: Sorry W.T., I can't think of a way you can support America without supporting me in the process.

The "you" I used was generic. Not personal.
I've already voiced my agreement to have my taxes raised to pull America out of the proverbial ditch.
That consent comes with conditions:
Cut big gubmint spending to manageable levels
Eliminate redundant bureaucracies
And make these tax increases level across the board. No more of this class warfare bullshit.

Problem is I don't have that kind of say about where my money goes.
So we're back to my original post.
Military service is voluntary.
Taxes, and where the money goes, is not.
:cool:

I'm willing to die before becoming a serf to a nanny state. I would have no respect for myself or for leaders who took us there, with the votes of people who need others for their survival because they feel "entitled" to free everything just because they were born. **Losers**

Indeed. Just because you're BORN here doesn't MEAN that you're entitled to my sweat equity...and for anyone that thinks that they are 'just because' are in for a fight...and they had better come armed to justify their pilfering of my bank account "just because"...

You know, there's a saying in the military. I trust you with my life, but not my money or my wife.

absolutely. If we really focused on the necessities too we wouldn't have a shortage with the amounts we are taxed. It's poor management and waste that are killing us

Because your life is your life. You can spend it when and where you choose.

I would have definite issues with someone else telling me when and where to die.

Taxes are one thing... wanting MORE tax out of people is being a great spender of other peoples money.

Because your life is your life. You can spend it when and where you choose.

I would have definite issues with someone else telling me when and where to die.

Taxes are one thing... wanting MORE tax out of people is being a great spender of other peoples money.

Taxes are paying a part of your sweat equtiy to the Government to pay for LAW and ORDER so that one may continue to exercise thier lifestyle as that no one may tresspass against that liberty...

Government has now become the tresspassers.

Taxes are paying a part of your sweat equtiy to the Government to pay for LAW and ORDER so that one may continue to exercise thier lifestyle as that no one may tresspass against that liberty...

It's a shame people don't understand that more.

It's a shame people don't understand that more.

I know. Some that enjoy Liberty don't understand what it is and WHY they should defend it...much less how they garnered it to start with...

REAL Americans DO.

;)

I'm willing to die before becoming a serf to a nanny state. I would have no respect for myself or for leaders who took us there, with the votes of people who need others for their survival because they feel "entitled" to free everything just because they were born here.

'Entitled' to what, exactly?

Also, what percentage of the U.S. population do you figure feels 'entitled' just because they were born here? What percentage do you feel is actually getting something after contributing nothing?

Forum List

Back