Are You Willing to Die for "America"?

I have no problem paying taxes. I have a problem when the people we elect to spend our taxes can't control their spending.

So why all the hub-bub about the revenue side? If we all agree taxes are necessary, why is there no agreement on an equitable tax code?

I have no problem paying taxes. I have a problem when the people we elect to spend our taxes can't control their spending.

So why all the hub-bub about the revenue side? If we all agree taxes are necessary, why is there no agreement on an equitable tax code?

I watched Gretta lastnight for a few minutes, and the stack of paper (the tax code) was litterally about 4 feet tall!

That is just REDICULOUS, and BOTH parties are guilty of gluttony.

Its refreshing to see some the new boots concerned, and willing to face the pressure to change it.

Some taxes are necessary, wasteful spending is not.

And then pretend that those of us out here toiling are thier personal piggy bank to exploit for their cause du jour...

FIRST they have to understand that it isn't their money and we that are forced to give EXPECT responsibility in return.

:eusa_think: I wonder why it's so hard to pay taxes?

Its not hard to pay taxes. (How much is enough?)

Its hard to see how they are wasted.

Plus, what the Hell does the thread title have to do with taxes?

I disagree. It is hard for some to pay taxes - there is proof in the cheats but the real proof is in the number of people screaming for a tax cut. I bitch about taxes a lot, but I'm not looking for a cut - I want simple and fair taxes. I want a corporate tax code so simple that a fortune 500 company tax return could be the subject of a high school business math exercise. I want a tax code so simple that collecting returns and paperwork from individual tax payers on a retail level becomes a thing of the past.

The title of the thread reflects the level of irony I see in people who sing a single minded scream for tax cuts while considering military spending to be a sacred :cow:

:eusa_think: I wonder why it's so hard to pay taxes?

Its not hard to pay taxes. (How much is enough?)

Its hard to see how they are wasted.

Plus, what the Hell does the thread title have to do with taxes?

I disagree. It is hard for some to pay taxes - there is proof in the cheats but the real proof is in the number of people screaming for a tax cut. I bitch about taxes a lot, but I'm not looking for a cut - I want simple and fair taxes. I want a corporate tax code so simple that a fortune 500 company tax return could be the subject of a high school business math exercise. I want a tax code so simple that collecting returns and paperwork from individual tax payers on a retail level becomes a thing of the past.

The title of the thread reflects the level of irony I see in people who sing a single minded scream for tax cuts while considering military spending to be a sacred :cow:

Then those that have problems have RESPIT and can FILE for extension, can they not?

The entire TAX CODE needs to be scrapped, and the Constitution amended to reflect that we go BACK to taxing commerce in lieu of taxing INCOME directly.

It has become a horrible political weapon.

*ABOLISH IT*

Forum List

Back