Are you Watching

I lost 10% of my 401K in May but maybe it is just one of those thing. Sort of like the 2+billion loss at Chase and they said that they should look into it. Do you think?

The stock maket? It looks like it on it's way to the bottom -250
I wouldn't worry about it just yet. The DOW is 12.5 even down 250. Back in 2010, I predicted (and based My investment strategy) that the DOW will bump along at the low 12,000 line until summer or winter of 2013.

Given the situation in Europe, 300 pt swings back and forth are to be expected. Unless you are a day trader, I would just let it ride this out.

Now, if the DOW drops below 11k or the S&P drops below 1100, I'd seriously consider moving into the traditional securities like silver or gold.

I don't sweat these swings much given the current state of our economy.

The stock market isn't based on reality or real commerce.

It's the best rigged scam ever. And any movement in the market can be justified by anything.

Example: Tomorrow the market will go up by say, 20 points because of reports that <insert reason here> "Deal expected to be reached on Syria, Egypt". Or "New Greece bank deal in offing buoys hopes for EU" or "Cats begin negotiations with dogs; pet care market sees gains."

It's all BS.

None of the rationale matters...just show business.

I wouldn't be investing in the stock market as a means of finances anyway. Hard assets are what you should have... property, possessions, gold, silver, etc.

Fuck the stock market. Do away with it as far as I'm concerned.

TypicalUSGuy is right. Even Al Capone knew the Market was rigged.

I started moving into Gold and Silver last summer.

I wouldn't be investing in the stock market as a means of finances anyway. Hard assets are what you should have... property, possessions, gold, silver, etc.

Like any investment, it is only as good as your own vigilance.

Property hasn't worked out to well recently, though it is a good and solid investment for long periods of time. However, should the unthinkable happen and society collapses, the property won't be worth squat unless its a working farm.

Gold and silver is the same way. In order to use it as a bartering item, it will have to be ground into a fine dust or some form of small unit like a link or a ball. A large, gold coin, or a huge brick of gold, won't mean jack unless you are willing to trade the whole thing for whatever goods you want to purchase. Silver is more reasonable.

The Stock Market, like any kind of investment is no more good or bad than a plot of land.

How bout a jobs bills like in the good old days, Pubs? Enough BS austerity and paralysis...Fix the infrastructure that voodoo has ruined for 30 years- 2 million jobs, add 2% growth, lower UE 1%- But NOOOOOO, have to win power to rip us off again, country be damned. Darn that black guy and his policies! (not seen since 2/2010...liars)...

Like any investment, it is only as good as your own vigilance.

Property hasn't worked out to well recently, though it is a good and solid investment for long periods of time. However, should the unthinkable happen and society collapses, the property won't be worth squat unless its a working farm.

Gold and silver is the same way. In order to use it as a bartering item, it will have to be ground into a fine dust or some form of small unit like a link or a ball. A large, gold coin, or a huge brick of gold, won't mean jack unless you are willing to trade the whole thing for whatever goods you want to purchase. Silver is more reasonable.

The Stock Market, like any kind of investment is no more good or bad than a plot of land.
I disagree. As a wise man once said... "they're not making any more land, buy it while you can." City property, like a condo in a high rise downtown NYC, yeah, that'll be worth as much as tits on a bull if anarchy erupts. But as with my property, I live way out in small town America. I have an acre and a half of land, my own well, my own septic system, a huge garden and critters running every which way that could be a meal. That's worth more than any kind of money when survival turns primal.

Never dabbled in the stock market and damn glad I haven't. No plans to in the future either. It's one big, crocked racket where your money can simply vanish. No thanks.

Last edited:
"I give for you two of these Facebook stock in trade for 5 rolls toilet paper. Is fair trade I make offer for to you. As bonus because we are friend, I give one Enron stock. Okay, one last benefit, I give you one Xew lawyer. This is final offer."

TypicalUSGuy is right. Even Al Capone knew the Market was rigged.

I started moving into Gold and Silver last summer.

:lol:

Gold and silver are more vulnerable to speculative manipulations than stocks!

Gold is down more than the Dow today.

Rubes.

Tocqueville Trust SEC filing from 2005:

At this point, gold should outperform all other currencies as well as so called "hard asset" plays. The newly introduced gold ETF on the NYSE (ticker-GLD) should facilitate money flows into physical metal. GLD is a grantor trust backed by physical gold. When a new share is created, the dealer group must purchase physical gold to back it. The gold is held in a London vault. In the past, price quotes for gold were primarily for paper derivatives of the real thing, primarily futures contracts or gold linked notes issued by money center banks. It would not take much of a diversion of capital from paper assets to physical gold to drive the price well into 4-digit territory. Global financial assets exceed $70 trillion. The market cap of physical gold, assuming all central bank gold is for sale (which it is not) is around $1 trillion. If 1/10% of global financial assets chose to migrate to physical gold, it would represent a call on two years of global mine production. That trade would be impossible to execute at current prices.

You see how effortless it is to manipulate the price of a commodity?

I know, let's privatize SS! LOL

That was a chance to save it when it was running a surplus.. Now you get to watch it blow up in a pile of dust.. You leftists should be proud that you allowed Congress to steal another 10 years of surplus instead of using it to defer future debt..

Good Job!!!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

How does it feel to be an accomplice to robbing the working man's wallet?
:mad:

As for the market. Another month like this and I'm out.. It ain't going anyway I want to be in the near future....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back