Are You Tired Of Stand-up Comedians Using the F-Word..etc.

Pryor would not have been very funny if he had a clean act.

Red Skelton was by far the most funny comedian I EVER watched, and I don't recall him cussing even once. I do recall in one of his very last performances he addressed the issue, and I can't recall if he cussed while mocking cussing, but that would have been about it.

Richard Pryor had plenty of "clean" comedy that was funny. I remember listening to his tapes in the barracks as a young Marine back in his heyday.

I'm a whatever trips your trigger type when it comes to this topic. I don't mind cussing, and let's be real .... I cuss like a jarhead. That doesn't make it any more or less what it is .... a sign of ignorance.

I prefer a happy medium. I'm not going to turn off a stand-up act over some foul language if it's funny. At the same time, if every-ther-word is "f-ing this and f-ing that," it usually isn't funny.

What I want to see are some good old Pollack jokes. Or white comedians sterotyping blacks, Hispanics, etc as they do whites. I used to think they were funny, and STILL DO find the white sterotyping jokes funny. The billshit, PC double-standard isn't funny at all.

If you don’t like his comedy, boycott the comedian but please don’t call the communication nanny (the FCC) to protect us from ourselves. Anyway, what do you think about Bill Cosby? He had some good stand-up routines.

Yes. I changed my mind. I am back for a little while due to popular demand.

Then I assume you'd agree that you can always just not look at a Nativity scene in the town square, or just close your ears if someone says a prayer in school.

Nope. You can't as easily avoid Nativity scenes – particularly when you have shopping to do. I remember that a student put headphones on while a Christian prayer was being spoken at the beginning of class. The teacher had him remove the headphones. No. When you are in a practically captive audience it is hard to not hear the school prayer.

With so many radio and TV stations to select from, it is easy to select the entertainment that suits you.

Nope. You can't as easily avoid Nativity scenes – particularly when you have shopping to do. I remember that a student put headphones on while a Christian prayer was being spoken at the beginning of class. The teacher had him remove the headphones. No. When you are in a practically captive audience it is hard to not hear the school prayer.

With so many radio and TV stations to select from, it is easy to select the entertainment that suits you.
If he's in a Christian school, he needs to be respectful at least, whether he believes it or not because there is nothing he can really do about it. I did it.

there's swearing and then there's vulgarity. What's worse, calling another woman a b**** or a c****? I probably use the f word a little too often, but I would hardly consider myself vulgar, although I'm pretty damn funny.:cool:

If you don’t like his comedy, boycott the comedian but please don’t call the communication nanny (the FCC) to protect us from ourselves. Anyway, what do you think about Bill Cosby? He had some good stand-up routines.

Yes. I changed my mind. I am back for a little while due to popular demand.

Are you kidding? Nobody likes you. The liberals on this board won't even close ranks with you, you are so far out there.

Go the fuck away.

Totally untrue. You can always choose to avert your eyes from any Nativity, but when children or adults are channel surfing, anything can pop up faster than they change it. And yesterday I was in an American Eagle store with my daughter, where non-stop videos on a big screen had a barrage of gyrating women and sleazy lyrics. Teens are going to shop there regardless. So parents have the burden of choosing between compromising their family's values, or telling their teens not to shop in their favorite store. Merely averting your eyes from that dengerous and terrible Nativity scene is much easier than that.

But, hey , I now know what Fergilicious is. I only wish I could reformat my brain to erase it and replace it with something edifying. Like, I dunno, maybe a Nativity scene.

And btw, how interesting that you think that a Nativity scene is as harmful, if not more so, as gross language and obscenity. Tsk tsk.

Well where exactly should this "nanny state" begin or end then?

Hey, I don't know what 'nanny state' you are referring to, but Welcome! Somewhere Greg left you a message that you should be able to add your avatar now!

Too many big words for you, was it?:rolleyes:

Apparently you didn’t grasp the point I was making. I’ll be blunt. Apparently, I am popular. Otherwise, I would be ignored. It is the very fact that you keep responding to my posts that negates the notion that I am not popular.

Profanity is the attempt of an inferior intellect to assert itself. I admit, I slip up from time to time, but there is nothing that can be said with profanity that cannot be said without, and I don't care if it's supposed to add 'emphasis' or whatever. The words are so overused now that there's no power in them anymore. Racial slurs are now far more shocking than any other form of profanity, and the 'c' word has surpassed that mother of all cuss words, the 'f' word as the most vulgar thing a person can say in a single word.

Totally untrue. You can always choose to avert your eyes from any Nativity, but when children or adults are channel surfing, anything can pop up faster than they change it.

You must realize that the Nativity scene is there before you avert your eyes from it. Likewise, you must realize profanity exits before you can avert your ears from it.

And yesterday I was in an American Eagle store with my daughter, where non-stop videos on a big screen had a barrage of gyrating women and sleazy lyrics. Teens are going to shop there regardless. So parents have the burden of choosing between compromising their family's values, or telling their teens not to shop in their favorite store.

Uh. Yes. You raise your own children in accordance with your values. You have them eat their vegetables even when they don’t like vegetables. You have them exercise even when they don’t like to exercise. You have them do their homework. Hopefully, when they become adults, they will continue to live by the values you try to instill.

Merely averting your eyes from that dangerous and terrible Nativity scene is much easier than that.

No. The scenes at the American Eagle store were likely indoors. There are various movie stores. One does not even have to shop for movies. There is one City Hall / one public square. It is more difficult to avoid outdoor exhibits that are in general public view – especially if you have to go past them in order to conduct business.

But, hey , I now know what Fergilicious is. I only wish I could reformat my brain to erase it and replace it with something edifying. Like, I dunno, maybe a Nativity scene.

That is not difficult to do. Block MTV and many radio stations. Find “quality” television stations or remove television from your life. The TV is not a necessity. Get a newspaper if you “need” to know the news. Basically, take control of your life and your family. Don’t call on Government to baby-sit.

And btw, how interesting that you think that a Nativity scene is as harmful, if not more so, as gross language and obscenity. Tsk tsk.

No. I don’t recall saying that. Please locate such a post.

Forum List

Back