Are you that kind of person?

Cowman

Cows Have Liberal Minds
Nov 6, 2011
Okay, so a gourmet restaurant produces several gigantic pots of soup every day. These are exquisite soups made with fine ingredients and produced by very talented chefs. You pay a pretty penny to enjoy these soups for lunch or dinner, because you enjoy good food and you like to treat yourself.

The restaurant typically doesn't sell all of their soup in a day and they have a policy of offering the soup every night to a local soup kitchen.

People down on their luck, the mentally ill, homeless, dregs of society and whoever else comes through that soup kitchen gets to eat and consume what you pay handsomely for in the restaurant. They eat what you did and pay nothing for it.

Are you the kind of person who gets upset about that sort of thing?

Okay, so a gourmet restaurant produces several gigantic pots of soup every day. These are exquisite soups made with fine ingredients and produced by very talented chefs. You pay a pretty penny to enjoy these soups for lunch or dinner, because you enjoy good food and you like to treat yourself.

The restaurant typically doesn't sell all of their soup in a day and they have a policy of offering the soup every night to a local soup kitchen.

People down on their luck, the mentally ill, homeless, dregs of society and whoever else comes through that soup kitchen gets to eat and consume what you pay handsomely for in the restaurant. They eat what you did and pay nothing for it.

true story asswarp. we once had a very giant fish fry at our church.. we had tons of left over cole slaw, fish, rolls, tea, and baked beans, we call the local homeless shelter and offered the left over food to them, guess what? the fucking local government has rulez against that,, so we had to throw it all away

Actually no. I'm glad that the restaurant gets to actually use the food for some good rather than just wasting it. If you've got the bucks to stop in during business hours and eat, go for it, I'm pretty sure that the ambience of the restaurant is better than that of the soup kitchen.

But don't begrudge those who are the recipients of that charity.

True story.................Ocean Coffee Roasters in Newport RI made fresh bagels DAILY, and those that were left over went to the local soup kitchen.

However................................

If you were lucky enough to be there 10-15 min before they closed? They'd give you a free bag of 6 bagles to take home. I know, because I did that on a regular basis.

Only trouble is, whenever I went there to get some freebies, there was rarely anyone there doing the same thing I was. So, I guess the best thing to do would be to find out if they throw them out, then find out where they go, and see if you can score some freebies for yourself.

And no.................don't begrudge someone getting something good for free, especially if it isn't coming directly out of your pocket.

Actually no. I'm glad that the restaurant gets to actually use the food for some good rather than just wasting it. If you've got the bucks to stop in during business hours and eat, go for it, I'm pretty sure that the ambience of the restaurant is better than that of the soup kitchen.

True story.................Ocean Coffee Roasters in Newport RI made fresh bagels DAILY, and those that were left over went to the local soup kitchen.

If you were lucky enough to be there 10-15 min before they closed? They'd give you a free bag of 6 bagles to take home. I know, because I did that on a regular basis.

Only trouble is, whenever I went there to get some freebies, there was rarely anyone there doing the same thing I was. So, I guess the best thing to do would be to find out if they throw them out, then find out where they go, and see if you can score some freebies for yourself.

And no.................don't begrudge someone getting something good for free, especially if it isn't coming directly out of your pocket.

but it's fucking A okay with you loonatics to begrudge people what they've worked their asses off and earned for themselves hey? you guys are such tools.

true story asswarp. we once had a very giant fish fry at our church.. we had tons of left over cole slaw, fish, rolls, tea, and baked beans, we call the local homeless shelter and offered the left over food to them, guess what? the fucking local government has rulez against that,, so we had to throw it all away

Restaurants have different standards that they are held to (and much higher) than those of a local fish fry, so yeah...................they probably said that you couldn't donate it because of the possibility of contamination and health issues.

Besides...........if something WAS wrong, how would they hold the church accountable for making people sick? They can do that with restaurants.

Restaurants have different standards that they are held to (and much higher) than those of a local fish fry, so yeah...................they probably said that you couldn't donate it because of the possibility of contamination and health issues.

Besides...........if something WAS wrong, how would they hold the church accountable for making people sick? They can do that with restaurants.

so none of us got sick and the homeless went without all because you fear lawyers.. got it.

but it's fucking A okay with you loonatics to begrudge people what they've worked their asses off and earned for themselves hey? you guys are such tools.

If they pay an income tax that is HALF of what I pay, yeah............I begrudge them, because they should pay the same rate (at least) as what everyone else does.

If they pay an income tax that is HALF of what I pay, yeah............I begrudge them, because they should pay the same rate (at least) as what everyone else does.

hey! asswarp, they paid the full tax on the original earnings, now they're paying a second tax on what that invested saved money is earning, hell yes you do begrudge them. those homeless people weren't fed by POOR resturant owners, they're fed by hard working tax paying entreprenuars. the very people bamie seeks to punish for their success just so your sorry ass can feel vindicated.

But church groups can take up a collection for the soup kitchen. All soup kitchens accept donations of dollars.

Regards from Rosie

fascists always tell other people what to do with their money.

so none of us got sick and the homeless went without all because you fear lawyers.. got it.

It was a church, your pastor didn't know any needy families? Just because the local shelter said no thank you, didnt mean you had to toss your hands up and throw the food out.

Naah I like not having to pay for the great soup.

It was a church, your pastor didn't know any needy families? Just because the local shelter said no thank you, didnt mean you had to toss your hands up and throw the food out.

It happened just the way I told it. Take it or leave it.

I am glad the soup goes to those in need.

What 'bothers' me somewhat are the eternal competitive baking shows/competitions/TLC and the Food Network--cakes and cupcakes. Absolute monstrosities are created--1,000lbs of cake and tons of icing. It seems like such a waste of ingredients/$$$$ ---the wasting of any and all resources is a concern to me. Nobody needs a $10,000 cake--ever.

No. I can simply dress up as a homeless person, pretend to be mentally ill, and eat for free, too.

Forum List

Back