Are you smarter than Bush?

You probably are. Bush's IQ score is 91 which is below average for the entire country and is the lowest presidential IQ score ever. No wonder we are this screwed up.

And he got TWO TERMS! What is that?

Yea because the President alone can screw the country up. Give it up already, the President cant do much at all without Congress and the Senate, and we all know whos running the show there, so the blame goes there.

Yea because the President alone can screw the country up. Give it up already, the President cant do much at all without Congress and the Senate, and we all know whos running the show there, so the blame goes there.

Well, yes. From 1994 to 2006, the Republicans ran the Congress. And even after 2006, the Dem had such a slim majority that they could not override a Presidential Veto. So, as you stated, the blame goes to the Republican Party, and the incompetant President and administration that they supported.

Well, yes. From 1994 to 2006, the Republicans ran the Congress. And even after 2006, the Dem had such a slim majority that they could not override a Presidential Veto. So, as you stated, the blame goes to the Republican Party, and the incompetant President and administration that they supported.

And an Incompitent President in the mid to late 90's who managed to cause the greatest stockmarket crash since the great depression.

Not to mention that the economy only really started to tank after Reid, Pelosi and their goons got control of the Senate and Congress.

of course, that is not the truth
but oh well
partisans like you dont really give a rats ass about the truth

keep your ABDS well fed

Not to mention that the economy only really started to tank after Reid, Pelosi and their goons got control of the Senate and Congress.

millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

You probably are. Bush's IQ score is 91 which is below average for the entire country and is the lowest presidential IQ score ever. No wonder we are this screwed up.

Welcome to Idiots 101. This question came up during the 2004 election. While there was no record of either John Kerry or George Bush having ever taken an IQ test, both took similar tests in the military. Based on those military test scores and SAT scores, it was extrapolated that Kerry's IQ was in the low 120's while Bush's IQ was between 125 and 130. This would put both in the 90th percentile, meaning that their IQ's are higher than all but ten percent of the population.

I do NOT believe that IQ score is accurate.

I cannot stand Bush II, but the above just seems like so much character assassinating nonsense.

Here's a simple question for everyone who believes Bush is dumb or that he was the worst President ever. Do you think things would have been much different had we had Al Gore for eight years? Or do you think that due to circumstances, we would probably be in the same place we are today or possibly even in worse shape?

There is no way to really know, so any response is purely conjecture, which is fine for this purpose.

Here's another question. Do you think Bush would have pushed to go to war in Iraq had intelligence information been better and clearly shown that Saddam did not possess WMD? I think he has made it clear that he would not have pursued the course he did had it not been for the intelligence info he had, which included not only our own but that of the British.

The hoax

The hoax email showed Bill Clinton having the highest IQ (182) and George W. Bush the lowest (91). However, the numbers claimed in the email were fabricated, and the sociologists and institutions (e.g., the "Lovenstein Institute") quoted in the article do not exist. (A "Lovenstein Institute" website displays the "report," but it was created after the report's release.).[2] The techniques purportedly used to measure the IQ of the presidents are not recognized means of measuring IQs. The hoax also contains other factual errors.[1] When the hoax was debunked, it appeared to many to be a personal attack on Bush due to its timing and to its listing Bush's IQ as exactly half that of Clinton's.

[edit] Reports about the hoax

Perhaps because the perception of George W. Bush having low intelligence is common and had been cited by the media[3] as well as by politicians, including a spokesperson of Tony Blair,[4] the hoax report was widely taken to be true. The British newspaper The Guardian, for example, quoted the report in its diary section of July 19, 2001 and used it to belittle Bush. (The paper published a retraction two days after the Associated Press drew attention to the error.)[5][6] Other mainstream media news outlets to fall for the hoax included Bild (Germany), Pravda (Russia), and the Southland Times (New Zealand) as well as a few small U.S. newspapers. The hoax came back to life in March 2007 in Spanish-language media when the Press Agency Efe distributed a piece referring to it. Dozens of media (primarily in their online versions) reproduced Efe's text. Among newspapers publishing the hoax were El País (Spain's leading newspaper),[7] ABC and La Vanguardia.

[edit] Origin of the hoax

About.com reports that linkydinky.com was the original source of the spoof.[8] Indeed, linkydinky's page on the hoax calls the report “our hoax”.[9] A copy of the spoof in full can be found there.

[edit] Real studies

In 2006, a real study, albeit one based on varied and often subjective historical material analyzed with the tools of historiometry, was published in the journal Political Psychology. It estimated IQs for all US presidents since 1900. It rated G.W. Bush second to last, with an estimated IQ of 125 (with the estimate ranging from 111 to 139; the standard average for all people is 100). The same study estimated president Bill Clinton's IQ at 149.[10] In an interview, the study's director noted that "Bush may be 'much smarter' than the findings imply" but that he "scores particularly unimpressively for 'openness to experience, a cognitive proclivity that encompasses unusual receptiveness to fantasy, aesthetics, actions, ideas and values.'"[11][12][13]

U.S. Presidential IQ hoax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where did you go to college? What was your GPA? He's an Ivy League grad with an advanced degree. Even if he was a legacy admit, he got through it (drop out rate is over 70% at those schools). He's NOT stupid, in fact he is probably a good bit brighter than that dimwit, LBJ or Reagan.

But he has no ability or talent at all in public speaking. I have no idea how a man can get so far in politics and not possess that skill, but he did.

He got that far because on a personal level he was very persuasive. He held himself as a leader and it was very apparent. While he was governor of Texas, when he attended the annual governors conventions, it was said that he had a personal charisma that was undaunting. This, of course, is not the George Bush that we saw in public.

Here's a simple question for everyone who believes Bush is dumb or that he was the worst President ever.

I don't think he's dumb but I do think he's the worst POTUS of my lifetime.

Do you think things would have been much different had we had Al Gore for eight years?

Yes.

Or do you think that due to circumstances, we would probably be in the same place we are today or possibly even in worse shape?

No.

There is no way to really know, so any response is purely conjecture, which is fine for this purpose.

True.

Here's another question. Do you think Bush would have pushed to go to war in Iraq had intelligence information been better and clearly shown that Saddam did not possess WMD?

I do not believe that Bush really thought Saddam constituted any meanful threat to the USA, nor do I think he believed that they would constiute any meaningful threat to the USA in the medium term future. He KNEW they weren't building atomic weapons.

I think he has made it clear that he would not have pursued the course he did had it not been for the intelligence info he had, which included not only our own but that of the British.

He did make that clear, I suppose.

I think he's not being truthful about what he knew and when he knew it, though.

FYI,, you cannot hold Robert responsible for knowing anything that happened before he was borned.. :lol::lol::eusa_shhh:

I don't hold Robert responsible for his not knowing anything. I hold responsible whoever dropped him on his head as a baby, thus causing the brain damage we must now all tolerate.

Were he anyone with reasonable intellect, I would point out that there are these things known as "history books".

I don't hold Robert responsible for his not knowing anything. I hold responsible whoever dropped him on his head as a baby, thus causing the brain damage we must now all tolerate.

Were he anyone with reasonable intellect, I would point out that there are these things known as "history books".

Right, you take that revisionist history book of yours and enjoy it.

I know the facts thanks.

And by the way? Nice job at trying for an insult, but of course you fail at it.

Let me guess - you learned how to debate at Harvard?

I don't think he's dumb but I do think he's the worst POTUS of my lifetime.

Agreed and he certainly has the knack for making himself LOOK dumb. Why anyone allows him to make unscripted comments is beyond me.

Agreed and he certainly has the knack for making himself LOOK dumb. Why anyone allows him to make unscripted comments is beyond me.

Perhaps looking dumb is the best defensive weapon he has against accepting repsponsibility for his own blunders?

As far as I can tell, Junior has never accepted responsibilty for anything that has ever happened on his watch....not even the things that are clearly his fault.

Being thought a fool makes that a lot easier.

Forum List

Back