Are you selfish?

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
According to BHO if you don't want to pay higher taxes so he can give your money to someone else you are.

[youtube]LGAYc66vK7k[/youtube]

Ya damn right I'm selfish. I don't work to benefit those the people who sit on their ass all day long. I didn't spend $60,000+ on an education so the poor, lazy shits in America could get more food stamps and welfare.

Thanks for bringing this up. The Obama supporters will have you believe that the non-supporters are selfish because we don't want our taxes raised so that it can be given to those less fortunate.

When you give to people who haven't "earned" it, they don't value what is given and they don't have an incentive to go out there and earn it themselves.

The original concept of the American Dream was that everyone, even someone who wasn't born into a wealthy family, could have a chance of making it big in this society. Our nation is not about given handouts. Once it starts to become a nation of handouts, you will see this society crumble.

Our country is great and the whole world knows it despite what Obama says. We don't need the change that Obama and his comrades want to bring. Our nation was built by hardworking people who stood up for their ideals and we must remember the founders and the people who originally came to this country. Those are the people who made this nation great.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this up. The Obama supporters will have you believe that the non-supporters are selfish because we don't our taxes raised so that it can be given to those less fortunate.

When you give to people who haven't "earned" it, they don't value what is given and they don't have an incentive to go out there and earn it themselves.

The original concept of the American Dream was that everyone, even someone who wasn't born into a wealthy family, could have a chance of making it big in this society. Our nation is not about given handouts. Once it starts to become a nation of handouts, you will see this society crumble.

Our country is great and the whole world knows it despite what Obama says. We don't need the change that Obama and his comrades want to bring. Our nation was built by hardworking people who stood up for their ideals and we must remember the founders and the people who originally came to this country. Those are the people who made this nation great.

see this is my problem with the attitude of republicans. they think low income people shouldn't get any money or benefits because they haven't earned. low income people are no less hardworking than a wealthy american. and actually some low income people work longer hours than some of these corporate people.

well the fact of the matter is low income people generally cannot afford a college education or some of them had to drop out of high school to help support their families. low income people generally just do not have the resources to better their finances.
so provided the poor with money and benefits can jump start their way to a more financially stable situation.

and also the rich have to stop getting all these darn tax breaks, while middle class taxes keep going up. it doesn't make sense. the rich can afford to pay more taxes. so why not raise taxes for them?

see this is my problem with the attitude of republicans. they think low income people shouldn't get any money or benefits because they haven't earned. low income people are no less hardworking than a wealthy american. and actually some low income people work longer hours than some of these corporate people.

well the fact of the matter is low income people generally cannot afford a college education or some of them had to drop out of high school to help support their families. low income people generally just do not have the resources to better their finances.
so provided the poor with money and benefits can jump start their way to a more financially stable situation.

and also the rich have to stop getting all these darn tax breaks, while middle class taxes keep going up. it doesn't make sense. the rich can afford to pay more taxes. so why not raise taxes for them?

We have the wealthiest poor people in the world. I bet you that every "poor" person has a TV in their home.

The poor people get the financial aid to go to college. I doubt our family will, but that's a topic for another thread. Listen, if you are disabled and can't work, that's a different story. But if you are that poor that you don't have food, etc., there are places that you can go to for help.

The point is, I don't mind helping out the others that as not as fortunate, but the government shouldn't be in the business of "spreading the wealth." I do it already without the governments help. Bill and Melinda Gates do it, John and Cindy McCain do it, and countless of other anonymous Americans do it. We volunteer time and donate our money to charities. We are a generous country already. Raising taxes on the richest, just to give to the poor is not patriotic and is anti-capitalism. Just read history and you will see that even the intentions of the democratic party is good, the outcome will not be good.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. -- Dante

Thanks for bringing this up. The Obama supporters will have you believe that the non-supporters are selfish because we don't our taxes raised so that it can be given to those less fortunate.

Correction: our nation WAS not about giving handouts. As with any society that progresses beyond the strong who build and defend it, when the weak who have been protected from real struggle all their lives get in control, they support propping up their own kind.

When they have finished destroying what's left of our societal will and sense of self-preservation, we'll be done as a society. We're already well down that road.

Ya damn right I'm selfish. I don't work to benefit those the people who sit on their ass all day long. I didn't spend $60,000+ on an education so the poor, lazy shits in America could get more food stamps and welfare.

2 million people in 2004 received welfare but were required to work for it, i don't know how many are on food stamps....?

in 1996, BEFORE welfare reform, there were 5 million people receiving welfare, now down to the 2 million.

that's a 60% reduction in welfare recipients in less than 10 years...

i don't think it is anything to be outraged over jsanders....our gvt waste in other areas is HUGE HUGE HUGE compared to this imo....

care

Last edited:
how about REDUCING SPENDING instead of having to raise taxes? no one in congress seems to understand this....not even mccain....his tax plans and policies he has suggested in his campaign totals 7 trillion added to the national debt in 10 years and Obama's plans projected out to about 5.2 trillion added to the national debt in 10 years.... :(:(:(

Obama doesn't know much about Liberty. It's too bad that the political definition of 'liberal' in the United States has absolutely NOTHING to do with Liberty. Somebody need to explain the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to him before he makes a fool of himself. Ooops. Too late!

how about REDUCING SPENDING instead of having to raise taxes? no one in congress seems to understand this....not even mccain....his tax plans and policies he has suggested in his campaign totals 7 trillion added to the national debt in 10 years and Obama's plans projected out to about 5.2 trillion added to the national debt in 10 years.... :(:(:(

The last time that happened, Bill Clinton was President and Congress was controlled by Conservatives who kept spending in check.

The last time that happened, Bill Clinton was President and Congress was controlled by Conservatives who kept spending in check.
yeah? Then what happened to those SUPPOSED Conservatives when they got a president of their own party? they CERTAINLY were no LONGER CONSERVATIVES!

Me thinks the veto pen, had something to do with keeping that SUPPOSED Conservative congress, in check now that hind site is 20/20! ;)

Care

yeah? Then what happened to those SUPPOSED Conservatives when they got a president of their own party? they CERTAINLY were no LONGER CONSERVATIVES!

Me thinks the veto pen, had something to do with keeping that SUPPOSED Conservative congress, in check now that hind site is 20/20! ;)

Care

You are correct. The neoconservative movement finally overtook the Republican Party when Bush (a fellow neocon) took office. They are similar to LBJ minus the tax cuts, so you can see why government spending has increased so much. If you look at the bills that Clinton vetoed, you'll find that none of them had anything to do with shrinking the size of government. Clinton was a weak President and was unable to pass his tax and spend policies that he so admired while Governor of Arkansas. That ushered in a new era of conversativism. Obama doesn't appear to be a very strong politician, so I'm hoping he 'suffers' the same fate.

well the fact of the matter is low income people generally cannot afford a college education

Wrong. They get federal grants and the best federal student loans. Perkins loans are almost impossible to get ahold of, and they ALWAYS go to the students with the lowest EFC.

or some of them had to drop out of high school to help support their families.

My mom raised three kids, had two jobs, AND went to college full-time. I don't want to hear sad sob stories about the irresponsible teens who got pregnant, dropped out, and worked at McDonald's instead of continuing their educations. It's not my fault they were irresponsible, and my tax dollars shouldn't go to pay their way.

low income people generally just do not have the resources to better their finances.

If only that were the case. You know as well as I that most people receiving handouts aren't using them as a "leg up." They're using it for a free ride.

Why should they have to? We're ALREADY on a progressive tax system. The more you make, the more you pay. Why should the rich get an 11% INCREASE under Obama, while the poor get a 5% DECREASE? You think that's fair?

how much are you willing to take? are you like that fat lady screaming she's hungery?

New Topics

Forum List

Back