Are You Rebel or Slave?

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Chris Hedges posed these choices in his latest column:

"...Either you join the revolt taking place on Wall Street and in the financial districts of other cities across the country or you stand on the wrong side of history.

"Either you obstruct, in the only form left to us, which is civil disobedience, the plundering by the criminal class on Wall Street... or become the passive enabler of a monstrous evil.

"Either you taste, feel and smell the intoxication of freedom and revolt or sink into the miasma of despair and apathy.

"Either you are a rebel or a slave.

Chris Hedges: The Best Among Us - Chris Hedges' Columns - Truthdig

Ohhh.... I know this one... There is no right or wrong answer..... *I* rebel to be a slave. No, I'm not doing what everyone in the world should do, I am doing what I do and how I do it because I choose to, and not even because I am blind. *he*arts*

Last edited:
Ohhh.... I know this one... There is no right or wrong answer..... *I* rebel to be a slave. No, I'm not doing what everyone in the world should do, I am doing what I do and how I do it because I choose to, and not even because I am blind. *he*arts*
You need to choose. Fast.

"Choose. But choose fast.

"The state and corporate forces are determined to crush this. They are not going to wait for you.

"They are terrified this will spread.

"They have their long phalanxes of police on motorcycles, their rows of white paddy wagons, their foot soldiers hunting for you on the streets with pepper spray and orange plastic nets.

"They have their metal barricades set up on every single street leading into the New York financial district, where the mandarins in Brooks Brothers suits use your money, money they stole from you, to gamble and speculate and gorge themselves while one in four children outside those barricades depend on food stamps to eat."

Is "Slave with huge sympathies towards the rebels" a valid choice?

Sorry - just can't stop working, lose my paycheck, lose my house and ruin my kids future.

Is "Slave with huge sympathies towards the rebels" a valid choice?

Sorry - just can't stop working, lose my paycheck, lose my house and ruin my kids future.
I don't think there's any need to self destruct over this.

In my mind there's a natural political complement to the occupations springing up around the country.

Since "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican in the voting booth next year has no affect on Wall Street or the Pentagon, seriously consider FLUSHING the DC toilet by voting against all INCUMBENTS in 2012.

If 100 or 200 House and Senate members are replaced by an equal number of Greens and Libertarians in a single news cycle, Change will come much faster than most of us can handle it.

"The state and corporate forces are determined to crush this. They are not going to wait for you.

"They have their long phalanxes of police on motorcycles, their rows of white paddy wagons, their foot soldiers hunting for you on the streets with pepper spray and orange plastic nets.

"They have their metal barricades set up on every single street leading into the New York financial district, where the mandarins in Brooks Brothers suits use your money, money they stole from you, to gamble and speculate and gorge themselves while one in four children outside those barricades depend on food stamps to eat."

This is an issue, obviously, that I faced years ago while many seemed to be fighting their indulgeances and shadow boxing.

I don't question my faith, I rest in it. Many may need to define and/or redefine their God and/or gods, but I do not... I am not one of them. I know my God and our relationship is exactly what it is meant to be, personal.

I am subjected and am consistently obedient to the laws of the land as evidence to who I aim to be for Him and I honor many Earthly/earthly things as the duty that reflects my love toward, for, and through God.

I hold a high regard toward all servants of our community, doctors, practitioners, preachers, men, women.... Break it down however small minds need to, they ARE worthy of my devotion.

"...Either you join the revolt taking place on Wall Street and in the financial districts of other cities across the country or you stand on the wrong side of history.

"Either you obstruct, in the only form left to us, which is civil disobedience, the plundering by the criminal class on Wall Street... or become the passive enabler of a monstrous evil.

"Either you taste, feel and smell the intoxication of freedom and revolt or sink into the miasma of despair and apathy.

I find this a rather disturbing POV.

I expected better from Chris.

As often as I find myself in agreement with his POV, to alienate all those who are still in the dark is, I think, a foolish move.

Maybe he's young.

I find this a rather disturbing POV.

I expected better from Chris.

As often as I find myself in agreement with his POV, to alienate all those who are still in the dark is, I think, a foolish move.

Maybe he's young.
"Christopher Lynn Hedges (born September 18, 1956 in St. Johnsbury, Vermont) is an American journalist, author, and war correspondent, specializing in American and Middle Eastern politics and societies.[1] His most recent book is The World As It Is (2011).[2]"

Chris Hedges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chris has come to the conclusion the end is near for US democracy.
He writes regularly of a successful corporate coup that's in its final stages here.
Given what he has personally witnessed during his career, do you think he's wrong about this?

This is an issue, obviously, that I faced years ago while many seemed to be fighting their indulgeances and shadow boxing.

I don't question my faith, I rest in it. Many may need to define and/or redefine their God and/or gods, but I do not... I am not one of them. I know my God and our relationship is exactly what it is meant to be, personal.

I am subjected and am consistently obedient to the laws of the land as evidence to who I aim to be for Him and I honor many Earthly/earthly things as the duty that reflects my love toward, for, and through God.

I hold a high regard toward all servants of our community, doctors, practitioners, preachers, men, women.... Break it down however small minds need to, they ARE worthy of my devotion.
Are the "mandarins in Brooks Brothers suits" worthy of your devotion?

If you're among the billions of Jews, Muslims, and Christians who trace their morality to a bronze-age "god of the collection plate", you are probably NOT among the rebels.

Forum List

Back