Are YOU ready?!?!

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Should we send troops to assist the Republic of Georgia take on Russia?

If Russia invades Poland, should we take them on? Do we have the military capabilities?

What if Russia comes to the aid of Iran? Does our stick remain big? Does our voice remain soft?

Should these questions be part of this election?

-Joe

No, even if we wanted to, we can't.

If Russia invades Poland, should we take them on? Do we have the military capabilities?

No and no. Thank you Junior for bogging us down in Asia.

What if Russia comes to the aid of Iran? Does our stick remain big? Does our voice remain soft?

Om what way does Iran need Russia's help? We're no threat to Iran.

Not unless either candidate thinks he's going to take on Ruissia, no.

-Joe[/quote]

-Joe

According to the conservative foreign policy message board ideology I've been reading, I think we should go to war, in this order: Russia, Iran, Venezuela.

I'm confused why you think we should go to war with three nations that have done nothing to us. Venezuela kicked out our ambassador sure, but that's not something you go to war over...

We cannot afford another war, whether it's justified or not. We're stretched too thin globally as it is.

I'm confused why you think we should go to war with three nations that have done nothing to us. Venezuela kicked out our ambassador sure, but that's not something you go to war over...

We cannot afford another war, whether it's justified or not. We're stretched too thin globally as it is.

I'm only reporting what Cons have said. They seem to love war. As long as other people's kids fight them, of course.

Day after day, month after month, Cons will put up threads about the latest provocation from Venezuela or Iran. Beating the drums for war is something they like to do, evidently.

I'm only reporting what Cons have said. They seem to love war. As long as other people's kids fight them, of course.

Day after day, month after month, Cons will put up threads about the latest provocation from Venezuela or Iran. Beating the drums for war is something they like to do, evidently.

Let's not confuse traditional conservatives with the neo-cons that have taken over the Republican party. Other than that, you're absolutely right.

Have we not signed a pact that compels us to defend Poland from attack ?

I don't see how that matters at this point. We can't afford to go to war with a third-world country like Iran right now, let alone Russia.

Ain't that the truth!!! We couldn't even take care of ourselves at this point because we're spread so thin. PA's National Guard normally has a strength of 18,000 troops; almost 1/2 are deployed to various locations (Iran, Afghanistan, Egypt).

...Om what way does Iran need Russia's help? We're no threat to Iran....

This question is based on the assumption that Russia may come to the aid of Iran if Iran is attacked by the US or by Israel. A valid possibility and not one I have heard debated in the realm of 'what to do with Iran'.

-Joe

Last edited:
If we signed a treaty, then we obligated to the terms of that treaty.

Which brings up the question, did we think this through when we signed the treaty (with Poland)?

Lets not forget that Obama supported the Nato expansion to GA. Of course, back then, it was just a warm fuzzy that didn't seem as if it would mean a whole lot.

And war is more likely if we pick and choose among our commitments. The same people that insist we do something about Dafur would not support the necessary military action that doing something entails.

If you make a promise, you keep the promise. Especially when dealing with dictators. Because if they think they can get away with it, they will push and push and push until you are at the edge.

When the English made a promise to the Czechs without having the means to back it up, they made the blitz a certainty.

So the essential thing here is, don't say you are going to do something unless you intend to back it up. Palin was making the point we have made promises. Our security depends on us fulfilling them. Of course, Palin's husband seems to be one of the Buchanan brigades, so I think Palin herself probably thinks the commitments were probably a bad ides in the first place, but once made, they are in concrete.

Forum List

Back