Are You Ready For Some Football?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I am!

Now that preseason (yawn) is here, who is your favorite pro football team?

Why are they your favorite team?

My team, the Indianapolis Colts, played Sunday night in the Hall of Fame game against Washington.

They are my favorite team because they are my hometown team, I was here when they came to Indy in the dead of night from Baltimore.

{*I also cheer for the Packers, Bears and Giants)

Who is your favorite pro football team? Forty-Niner's (yawn)

Why are they your favorite team? Have been for years! (yawn)

They honestly have not had a team since Steve Young left - but my favorite time was when it was Montana, Craig, Rice, all of those "two minute magic" guys were playing! :beer:

*BIG YAWN* - but I am not a fair weather fan - they will come back .... someday! Yeah! Right! :cuckoo:

*I also cheer for the Bears and the Seahawks - when the 49'er game 'sucks'!

I love a good football game! :party:

pats_logo.jpg

Miami Dolphins all the way!! been raised on the team itself practically. With Dan Marino and Early days of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. I predict a 7-9 season. Their is no way they can even come close to repeating last seasons 1-15. GO FINSSS!!

Miami Dolphins all the way!! been raised on the team itself practically. With Dan Marino and Early days of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. I predict a 7-9 season. Their is no way they can even come close to repeating last seasons 1-15. GO FINSSS!!

Miami...7 wins??? Are you outta your *<bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepin> mind?

I'd take the under on that and bet everything I own and as much as I could borrow.

For shits and grins I just looked up the actual o/u line for Dolphin wins this season and was surprised to see it at a pretty lofty 5.5. I'd still take the under, but obviously not as enthusiastically as I would if the line were 7. :D

See any "opportunities?"

2008-2009 NFL Regular Season Team Over/Under Win Totals

Arizona Cardinals o/u 7.5
Atlanta Falcons o/u 4.5
Baltimore Ravens o/u 6
Buffalo Bills o/u 7.5
Carolina Panthers o/u 7.5
Chicago Bears o/u 8
Cincinnati Bengals o/u 8
Cleveland Browns o/u 8
Dallas Cowboys o/u 10.5
Denver Broncos o/u 7.5
Detroit Lions o/u 6.5
Green Bay Packers o/u 8
Houston Texans o/u 7.5
Indianapolis Colts o/u 11
Jacksonville Jaguars o/u 10
Kansas City Chiefs o/u 6
Miami Dolphins o/u 5.5
Minnesota Vikings o/u 8.5
New England Patriots o/u 12.5
New Orleans Saints o/u 8.5
New York Giants o/u 8.5
New York Jets o/u 7.5
Oakland Raiders o/u 6
Philadelphia Eagles o/u 8.5
Pittsburgh Steelers o/u 9
San Diego Chargers o/u 10.5
San Francisco 49ers o/u 6.5
Seattle Seahawks o/u 8.5
St. Louis rams o/u 6.5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers o/u 8
Tennessee Titans o/u 8
Washington Redskins o/u 7.5

2008-2009 NFL Regular Season Over Under Team Win Total Odds Released

Quit jinxing them. They can have a perfect season.

Here are my "locks"

Arizona Cardinals o/u 7.5 - under: This ones a gimme. Arizona would need to be .500 or better for you to lose. How often does that happen?

New York Giants o/u 8.5 - over: Last year wasn't a fluke. Eli is legit. They'll easily waltz to 9 wins or more. I'm predicting a SB rematch this season... with a different outcome of course. :D

Pittsburgh Steelers o/u 9 - over: Since they're looking at 5-1 or 6-0 in the AFC North, I don't see how they fall short of 10 wins.

werd. Ever since the Cardinals left StL (I mean, who the fuck has ever seen a CARDINAL in the goddamn Arizona desert?) I caught on to the Dolphins in the Marino days.

Yeah, I pulled for them last year because of Cam Cameron, an IU Grad. He makes a better offensive coach then head coach, eh?

Love the Seahawks! (home team)

Like the Bengals and the Browns.

Hate the Cowboys. :D

Hate the Pats but, only since their second (recent) SB win, lol.

Yes. I'm ready for some football! :cool:

So what's the news on Farve?? :cuckoo:

It's Favre, pronounced FAHv-RUH.

But the news is he's back with the team, and that he and the organization have agreed it's best that he is traded.

He wants to stay within the division so he can play his team twice, but the team is not yet agreeing on that. This was yesterday though, and I haven't seen anything for today. And this story DEFINITELY changes day to day.

I'm sure ESPN has their Bottom Line scrolling non-stop all day with the updates, though. I'm surprised they haven't broken from regular programming and gone into live 24-7 coverage of the situation. :rolleyes:

EDIT: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Last edited:
Yes and no more talk about Bret Favre trade him already!!!

Today on my way home I heard on the local sports show that he might be going to Miami.........

OK, I'm done talking about BF!

PS~

Someone alert "THE SPECTOR"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back