Are you proud of what you do for a living?

What I do helps people and protects the assets of those I work for.

I am very proud of what I do.

This is you?! Cool!!

paul_blart_mall_cop.jpg

No.

Strike One!

I like what I do and, when the opportunity arises, I work for nothing - for worthy causes and stuff, which is cool.

And if I take on work that I'm not overly enthusiastic about - like writing an article on the postive impact of Obama's election - I donate the money to military charities. LOL.

Yes,because the building i build, will be here for some time.

I'm proud of my job and I like what I do. It's what I want to do or I wouldn't be doing it, and it's gratifying to help people out. When they actually want to climb up out of their hole.

But I'm not a young rosy cheeked thing with grand ideas of saving the world, either. I know my job for what it is, I try to make it tolerable for people, I try to get as much done as I can during my workday, and to provide my clients with as many options and resources as possible.

Then at 5 o'clock and I forget about it. though it's hard in a small community, when I have clients who think nothing of hitting me up at the gas station, grocery store, restaurant or even my house to try to drop off papers due 3 weeks ago, ask me questions about their cases, or piss and moan.

Last edited:
Any job a person takes that can provide for his or her family and gets the bills paid is a job in which one can be proud.
I don't agree. What if you are a telemarketer? A thief? A broker of adjustable rate mortgages to people who shouldn't have mortgages? Or do any other sort of work which is anti-social?

I don't think work in itself is noble. Only work which actually does good.

Yes, I am proud of what I do. I test equipment for the Army. Some of the equipment I have worked on through the years has saved thousands of lives.

I wouldn't trade jobs with anyone

Any job a person takes that can provide for his or her family and gets the bills paid is a job in which one can be proud.
I don't agree. What if you are a telemarketer? A thief? A broker of adjustable rate mortgages to people who shouldn't have mortgages? Or do any other sort of work which is anti-social?

LOL. Okay, fine you rat bastard <jk>.

I was thinking in a more broad sense, more old fashioned.

Depends on your attitude. Do you do the best you can, using all the skills of morality your mamma gave you, or do you screw people knowing that they would be much better off having never met you and all too happy to fleece them?

Forum List

Back