Are you proud of what you do for a living?

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Does your job make you proud? Do you feel like you are making a difference with your career choice, or is it just a paycheck to you?

Yes and no. I hate my job. I'm working far below my ability right now, and it's personally frustrating. But I take pride in doing it right and in the headaches I save for people. In the end, it's a paycheck that doesn't bounce and is earned doing something valuable if not challenging or fun.

I enjoy my job most days. Am I proud of my job? kinda. Do I want to do this the rest of my life? No. It's a transitional job at best but a good one... for being under employed. But what I want to do is not really that viable anymore thanks to the bad economy.

I have a decent job but work is only for pay, if I didnt have to work I wouldnt, if I was rich I would use my wealth to help my fellow Americans who need it, most likely in the area of down on their luck veterans.

I have a decent job but work is only for pay, if I didnt have to work I wouldnt, if I was rich I would use my wealth to help my fellow Americans who need it, most likely in the area of down on their luck veterans.

That's cool. I have a friend whose job IS to help the Vets, mainly the homeless ones. He tries to help them in many ways, and is very dedicated to them. He truly cares about trying to make their life better.

Yes. I'm good at what I do and I love my work.

I'm not proud of my industry though. I used to make fun of lawyers. Then I entered the financial services industry and realized I had no right to make fun of anyone else' chosen profession. Say what you want about the lawyers, at least they didn't bring the world to the brink of collapse like we did.

Some days I feel great and believe I am truly making a difference in a young persons life. Other days I feel like a co-conspirator to the biggest fraud thrust upon the taxpayers of this country. Thank goodness for Climategate. Public education just got bumped to second. Lol

Does your job make you proud? Do you feel like you are making a difference with your career choice, or is it just a paycheck to you?
Yes, and it was never just a paycheck. If I felt guilty, it was because I was having too much fun, and possibly not doing it for the right reasons. I've certainly made a difference by creating whole environments that please and pleased people, or at least most people, who have and still do live there and have raised their children there.

Yes. Making a difference.

xotoxi at work.

geneand-co10.jpg

I happen to believe that whatever we do, we can make a difference. Even if we give someone a smile or a word of encouragement.

I am good to go. Work is work, life is bigger than what we do for a living. It is what we do with who we are.

In essense my life is my work, and my job is a part of that

I have volunteered for years, now THAT, I love, and that puts perspective on things for me

I'm a retired guy and proud of it!!! Have been retired just long enough to begin to get bored. Thinking about maybe another business of some sort but the wife (who just retired) says not only no but "Hell no". I think she wants me around to carry out the trash...:lol:

Yes. I'm good at what I do and I love my work.

I'm not proud of my industry though. I used to make fun of lawyers. Then I entered the financial services industry and realized I had no right to make fun of anyone else' chosen profession. Say what you want about the lawyers, at least they didn't bring the world to the brink of collapse like we did.

You could say they helped. Lawyers make up the largest proportions of legislators. They write the laws. If you finance guys were allowed to run crazy and bring us to the brink of collapse the legislators bear responsibility also. I think a lot of them lined their pockets before the big fall too.

I'm a retired guy and proud of it!!! Have been retired just long enough to begin to get bored. Thinking about maybe another business of some sort but the wife (who just retired) says not only no but "Hell no". I think she wants me around to carry out the trash...:lol:

Enjoy your retirement. If you want to work a little find a little old single neighbor lady who needs a little around the house help.. or volunteer at the humane society.

I only was proud of my work twice in my life, the two times I've worked for non-profits that were making the world a better place. The best paid job I ever had was the one I was least proud of because we did nothing to benefit the community or the environment and actually exploited both.

Forum List

Back