Are you prepared?

Yes, I'm prepared for the days when flesh eating zombies walk the earth.

lotd.jpg

Me too! lol
I just started reading World War Z.

Before you say anything ... I needed a break from reading books on politics. What could be better than a zombie survival guide?

No I am not prepared and even if you have guns and food stocked up and gold buried in your back yard, neither are you prepared enough if the economy keeps going down.

Nothing will really prepare us for anarchy.

If you really want to prepare for the fall of civilization, be nice, I mean really really nice to your neighbors.

Because when/if civilization collapses, it will be upon those people whom your wellbeing will most depend.

In other words, the best way to weather anarchy is to create a small civilization locally to hold anarchy at bay.

THEN all your preparations might help to weather that storm.

Maybe
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I've thought about such a scenario a time or two lately.

I live in an affluent residential area but only a mile or so away is a nasty ghetto area. We know they're there and they know we're here. We're invaded every Halloween night with hordes of kids from there, cars bumper to bumper on our streets disgorging alien trick or treaters. We don't want them coming here and they know it due to various t or t restrictions we've instituted to preserve the tradition for the kids that live here.

So if something catastrophic ever did occur that lead to some degree of anarchy, I have no doubt we'd be a target for much more than our free candy. I'm prepared for such an occurrence, but only another couple or so of my neighbors are. The others just don't think anything will ever happen that they should be prepared for. Hope they're right because if they're wrong it will be too late to do much about it.[/QUOTE]

I have similar neighbors. And that worries me because I like them. We've become friends and such but like you said, they don't think anything will ever happen that they should be prepared for.

Sometimes when I'm at the grocery store and it's busy, I look around and wonder what it would be like in a real emergency. I'm not talking about a possible nor'easter here. A real economic emergency.

We've made preparations. Certainly not near enough but we have plans in play and are working towards our goals. One thing for sure you should have on-hand in your home is plent of H20.

Damn post wouldn't quote correctly.

I wasnt sure what forum to stick this thread in. But since current events seem to be leading us to difficult times, I figured why not here?

So are you prepared for the days ahead? Things are going to get messy soon. I think that much is obvious. I don't know how bad the economy will get. It may even get better for a short time. But there is only a certain amount of time before governments through the world start collapsing and unfortunately, since we are all interconnected, there is likely to be a ripple effect through the nations.

So what are you doing to prepare? What ideas do you have?

I know some people are stocking up on guns, but is that all we will need?

Are you ready for the moneyless economy that is already in the works. And do you realize what follows when its put in full force?

ok Kiss, you win. Party at your place then? BYOR (Bring your own road kill)......

Don't think that does not happen. Years ago I was over to my brothers house having a venison stake when I bit into something rock hard.:disbelief: I spit it into a napkin & it was a piece of headlight glass.:mad: He had a mark on the wall for many years where I threw my plate past his laughing head.:tomato: He swore to me when I had his ass pined to the floor:whip: that he had just helped the lady that had just hit the deer & it was just as fresh as if he had just shot it. I let him know that ingesting a sharp piece of glass was every bit a dangerous as old meat.

I had to promise the wives to keep my anger in check before I came over & he promised to tell me if he was serving road kill. No problems after that.:slap: I don't let people get to me that way any more. Besides he keeps me supplied with some dam good Home Brew.:beer:

ok Kiss, you win. Party at your place then? BYOR (Bring your own road kill)......

Don't think that does not happen. Years ago I was over to my brothers house having a venison stake when I bit into something rock hard.:disbelief: I spit it into a napkin & it was a piece of headlight glass.:mad: He had a mark on the wall for many years where I threw my plate past his laughing head.:tomato: He swore to me when I had his ass pined to the floor:whip: that he had just helped the lady that had just hit the deer & it was just as fresh as if he had just shot it. I let him know that ingesting a sharp piece of glass was every bit a dangerous as old meat.

I had to promise the wives to keep my anger in check before I came over & he promised to tell me if he was serving road kill. No problems after that.:slap: I don't let people get to me that way any more. Besides he keeps me supplied with some dam good Home Brew.:beer:

Nice story and good usage of props

I don't think anyone can be totally prepared for massive chaos if it happens. Well maybe so if you have loads of money and your home is an old Silo.

It takes years to stock up on food, and the rotation needed to store food for long time is a job and major expense in itself.

I think my family is prepared then the average person but I know we still fall short.

It is always good to be prepared no matter what. It is taking responsibility for oneself in doing so.

I don't think anyone can be totally prepared for massive chaos if it happens. Well maybe so if you have loads of money and your home is an old Silo.

It takes years to stock up on food, and the rotation needed to store food for long time is a job and major expense in itself.

I think my family is prepared then the average person but I know we still fall short.

It is always good to be prepared no matter what. It is taking responsibility for oneself in doing so.

Sorta like those supremacist out west have been doing for years.

Yes, I'm prepared for the days when flesh eating zombies walk the earth.

lotd.jpg

Me too! lol
I just started reading World War Z.

Before you say anything ... I needed a break from reading books on politics. What could be better than a zombie survival guide?
I just started reading that, too!

Excellent! Well then Si modo, we'll have to discuss as we read. I'm currently on the chapter titled 'Blame'.

Forum List

Back