Are you prepared for the Mayan Apocalypse?

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Are you prepared for the Mayan Apocalypse?​

By: Rick Moran
December 9, 2012

Mark your calendars for December 21. That's the day that the silliest rumor in history will either come true...or not.

It's the Mayan Apocalypse and while it's too easy to make sport of those who are preparing for it, the fact is, there is hysteria being generated and my guess is a lot of people are going to get hurt - or perhaps die.

Telegraph:

In America Ron Hubbard, a manufacturer of hi-tech underground survival shelters, has seen his business explode.

"We've gone from one a month to one a day," he said. "I don't have an opinion on the Mayan calendar but, when astrophysicists come to me, buy my shelters and tell me to be prepared for solar flares, radiation, EMPs (electromagnetic pulses) ... I'm going underground on the 19th and coming out on the 23rd. It's just in case anybody's right."

In the French Pyrenees the mayor of Bugarach, population 179, has attempted to prevent pandemonium by banning UFO watchers and light aircraft from the flat topped mount Pic de Bugarach.

According to New Age lore it as an "alien garage" where extraterrestrials are waiting to abandon Earth, taking a lucky few humans with them.

Russia saw people in Omutninsk, in Kirov region, rushing to buy kerosene and supplies after a newspaper article, supposedly written by a Tibetan monk, confirmed the end of the world.

The city of Novokuznetsk faced a run on salt. In Barnaul, close to the Altai Mountains, panic-buyers snapped up all the torches and Thermos flasks.

Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian prime minister, even addressed the situation.

"I don't believe in the end of the world," before adding somewhat disconcertingly: "At least, not this year."

In China, which has no history of preoccupation with the end of the world, a wave of paranoia about the apocalypse can be traced to the 2009 Hollywood blockbuster "2012".

The film, starring John Cusack, was a smash hit in China, as viewers were seduced by a plot that saw the Chinese military building arks to save humanity.​

Read more:
Blog: Are you prepared for the Mayan Apocalypse?

Only problem being the MAYAN calender found in Guatemala goes on for another 7000 years.

I think the one they found was being carved by a guy that got too hung up in it until his wife probably came out and said 'Chitzl, enough with that effing calender. Either come in here and eat your dinner or I'm leaving you and taking the kids with me'

Personally, Im not too worried.
I've seen 65 years of glorious sunsets and the same amount of spectacular sunrises. I've danced with the devil, chased the dragon and pushed the envelope. Known some of the worlds most interesting men and married a couple. Been high on acheivement and unbelievably low in failure, swam the appropriate number of seas and climbed the requisite number of mountains and I've survived untenable bad times only to revel in the good.
I've solidified my freindships and buried my enemies, prayed for my sins and known the immeasurable quality of forgiveness and compassion of my Lord.
My friends have been a constant in my life and have allowed me to not only reach my heights but have also allowed me to be drunk in public. You can't ask much more than that of anyone.
So if this is the end, it hasn't been a dull ride nor have I missed any of the stops along the way.
So I'll leave you with this:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO... what a ride!'

See you guys on the 22nd, open for business in this world or the next.

I've seen 65 years of glorious sunsets and the same amount of spectacular sunrises. I've danced with the devil, chased the dragon and pushed the envelope. Known some of the worlds most interesting men and married a couple. Been high on acheivement and unbelievably low in failure, swam the appropriate number of seas and climbed the requisite number of mountains and I've survived untenable bad times only to revel in the good.
I've solidified my freindships and buried my enemies, prayed for my sins and known the immeasurable quality of forgiveness and compassion of my Lord.
My friends have been a constant in my life and have allowed me to not only reach my heights but have also allowed me to be drunk in public. You can't ask much more than that of anyone.
So if this is the end, it hasn't been a dull ride nor have I missed any of the stops along the way.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO... what a ride!'

After enduring the above post, I think the Apocalypse should be a walk in the park.

You missed all the now departed conspiracy nuts that made repeated predictions that an invisible sun or planet would hit us over the last 3 years. And of course the bird flu was gonna wipe us out and..... well you get the drift.

After enduring the above post, I think the Apocalypse should be a walk in the park.

There's always one, isn't there? That gumpy, disgruntled, sour on life nebbish that has to piss on everything. Better thee than me.:D

Every year my paper wall calendar ends on December 31st of "whatever" year - and yet, lo and behold, the world still exists on the following January 1st.

Methinks the Mayans ran out of room on their rock.

Are you prepared for the Mayan Apocalypse?​

By: Rick Moran
December 9, 2012

Mark your calendars for December 21. That's the day that the silliest rumor in history will either come true...or not.

It's the Mayan Apocalypse and while it's too easy to make sport of those who are preparing for it, the fact is, there is hysteria being generated and my guess is a lot of people are going to get hurt - or perhaps die.

Telegraph:

In America Ron Hubbard, a manufacturer of hi-tech underground survival shelters, has seen his business explode.

"We've gone from one a month to one a day," he said. "I don't have an opinion on the Mayan calendar but, when astrophysicists come to me, buy my shelters and tell me to be prepared for solar flares, radiation, EMPs (electromagnetic pulses) ... I'm going underground on the 19th and coming out on the 23rd. It's just in case anybody's right."

In the French Pyrenees the mayor of Bugarach, population 179, has attempted to prevent pandemonium by banning UFO watchers and light aircraft from the flat topped mount Pic de Bugarach.

According to New Age lore it as an "alien garage" where extraterrestrials are waiting to abandon Earth, taking a lucky few humans with them.

Russia saw people in Omutninsk, in Kirov region, rushing to buy kerosene and supplies after a newspaper article, supposedly written by a Tibetan monk, confirmed the end of the world.

The city of Novokuznetsk faced a run on salt. In Barnaul, close to the Altai Mountains, panic-buyers snapped up all the torches and Thermos flasks.

Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian prime minister, even addressed the situation.

"I don't believe in the end of the world," before adding somewhat disconcertingly: "At least, not this year."

In China, which has no history of preoccupation with the end of the world, a wave of paranoia about the apocalypse can be traced to the 2009 Hollywood blockbuster "2012".

The film, starring John Cusack, was a smash hit in China, as viewers were seduced by a plot that saw the Chinese military building arks to save humanity.​

Read more:
Blog: Are you prepared for the Mayan Apocalypse?

You must own stock in a preper supply company eh? lol

The mayan calendar didn't do leap years, and most people don't account for the switch we did to our calendar back in the mid eighteenth century either. I think the apocalypse happened back in like, 2008, guys. Nibru 2025 is what you have to be watching for.

Last edited:
The world will end when God decides and the ONLY way to "prepare", is to put your trust and faith in Jesus Christ. End of story.

As the day gets closer... can we get a little more specific about the time?
Would that be at midnight? Eastern standard Time or what?
Just don't want to be late for the party.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back