Are you paying your "fair share"?

Did you pay your fair share in taxes?

• I paid less than $9700 per person in my household. Less than my fair share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I paid $9700 per person in my household. My fair share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I paid more than $9700 per person in my household. More than my fair share

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly Plymco. People keep forgetting that the Feds aren't theonly people taking a tax bite out of your hide. That I suspect was one of the reasons the Feds had enumerated powers and the States, counties and cities did not. The Feds weren't supposed to be involved in a major way in people's day to day lives. That was up to the states and cities to the extent their citizens were willing to tolerate. Now we see Obama nationalizing Chicago Politics and the California economy not a good combination.

I didn't figure you understand but I thought I'd give it a try. I don't give in order to get I do not give for purposes of comparison, I couldn't even tell you the dollar amount I give each year or the free services I have yielded to others. You see I give as the Holy spirit directs me, out of the Joy of a salvation vouchsafed me before the world was yet formed. I do it not to impress either man or God but because the Holy spirit has changed my heart.

Changed your heart?

"And you think people are supposed to enjoy being villified and ripped off by assholes like Gore and Kerry that give less to charity on there millions than I do on my paltry 30k a year percentage wise at least?"

Exactly what did your heart look like before the change? You are vilified because you are a villain and neither Gore nor Kerry has ripped off a single penny from you. You forget that you live in a representative republic. If you do not like the actions of a particular representative then vote against them or petition your representative to counter their action. But to blame them for powers they don't have only shows that the spirit that is in your heart anything but holly...

The point of my last sir or madam as the case may be is that no one can know the entirety of what anyone else does or ultimately why they do it. And that they may just cease to do it if there reward for such is merely castigation and ripoff. Not everyone you see is a Christian and those that aren't will require other incentives.

Like Humanity? You really should read your own words because based on them the "castigation and ripoff" is your own...

Sorry I call em as I see 'em. In the original King James Version in the story of the Rape of Dinah I believe it was the instruction given (not by God Mind you but by one of Dinah's brothers) was "Kill all them that pisseth against the wall. The idea of foul language is a fairly recent developement.

Me? I've spent far to many years working in environments where if one did not cuss one was not taken serously as an adult male. You don't like it swear out a warrant. By the way I will make no claim whatever that I or any other Christian is now or ever will be perfect this side of heaven. Till the day I die I am a work in progress often times seemingly taking two steps backwards for every one forward.

And you think people are supposed to enjoy being villified and ripped off by assholes like Gore and Kerry that give less to charity on there millions than I do on my paltry 30k a year percentage wise at least?

well, without charitable donations, they give more or pay more or owe more in taxes, so i suppose not all is lost....some of their extra taxes supports the welfare state?

Besides, you don't give so you can compare yourself to others tax returns and donations, do you?

i seriously doubt gore and kerry pay any taxes, they are democrats the masters of tax cheats.

I dunno about Kerry, but his wife who is one of the top 5 wealthiest in this country, pays jack when all said and done, I think it was something like 17% once she took all tax write offs and tax shelters legally available to her...yet she is in a 35% bracket where you would think it would come out to about 25% once tax deductions taken....but 17%...my goodness, the wealthiest certainly KNOW how to work the system!

Exactly Plymco. People keep forgetting that the Feds aren't theonly people taking a tax bite out of your hide. That I suspect was one of the reasons the Feds had enumerated powers and the States, counties and cities did not. The Feds weren't supposed to be involved in a major way in people's day to day lives. That was up to the states and cities to the extent their citizens were willing to tolerate. Now we see Obama nationalizing Chicago Politics and the California economy not a good combination.

Exactly garyd, exactly.

The feds only role still should be national defense in my opinion, and they can keep running the post office even though its losing money and laying people off (good job running the post office feds, i'm sure you'll do better with health care though....not like social security and medicare are way over budget and bankrupt)

oh and the 9700 per person, does that include what children one may have? $9700 per child as well?

Yes, all those preschoolers need to go out and get jobs. Lazy slackers!

no silly!

his op said $9700 for every person in your household...he came up with that number SOMEHOW.....I just needed clarification on his op...where did he get the $9700, by dividing 300 million people in to our yearly budget or did he just do the working people in to the budget or just adults in to the budget?

I thought the post was pretty clear. You take the federal budget and divide it by the number of people in the US, and you come up with almost $9700 per person in federal expenditure.
Peter can be a jackass all he wants, but I never said anything about forcing children to work, that's just his idiotic logic taken to an extreme.

Yes, all those preschoolers need to go out and get jobs. Lazy slackers!

no silly!

his op said $9700 for every person in your household...he came up with that number SOMEHOW.....I just needed clarification on his op...where did he get the $9700, by dividing 300 million people in to our yearly budget or did he just do the working people in to the budget or just adults in to the budget?

I thought the post was pretty clear. You take the federal budget and divide it by the number of people in the US, and you come up with almost $9700 per person in federal expenditure.
Peter can be a jackass all he wants, but I never said anything about forcing children to work, that's just his idiotic logic taken to an extreme.

ok, so a family of 4 people should be paying roughly $40,000 in taxes each year or they are not paying their fair share each year?

i would say, no one on this board, but those in the top 10-20% echelon, would pay that kind of money!!!! :eek:

In 2008 the federal budget was 2.9 trillion dollars.
That's almost $9,700 per person expenditure.

Ever notice how these threads are authored by somebody with no real responsibilities???!!:lol:

Ever notice how liberals without a clue make false statements that have nothing to do with the thread?

no silly!

ok, so a family of 4 people should be paying roughly $40,000 in taxes each year or they are not paying their fair share each year?

i would say, no one on this board, but those in the top 10-20% echelon, would pay that kind of money!!!! :eek:

Hey, there have been plenty of times on this board when somebody has used the term "fair share" when it comes to paying taxes. I have often asked them to define what it meant, none of them ever have, but they sure don't have a problem claiming that others aren't paying their "fair share". I just gave them something to shoot for, their "fair share".

well, one could look at it in this way i suppose:

the trillion dollar bank/ finance/insurance bailout is 1/3 of that $2.9 trillion, when you count in aig bail out, and fanny bailout and freddie bailout added to the $800 billion TARP bailout.... so about $3250 of that $9700 we owe this year as our share of the taxes per person, should really be paid by the banks/insurance/finance companies themselves, dammit!:evil::evil:

Last edited:

the trillion dollar bank/ finance/insurance bailout is 1/3 of that $2.9 trillion, when you count in aig bail out, and fanny bailout and freddie bailout added to the $800 billion TARP bailout.... so about $3250 of that $9700 we owe this year as our share of the taxes per person, should really be paid by the banks/insurance/finance companies themselves, dammit!:evil::evil:

I cited the 2008 budget, all that happened in 2009, so this year you probably personally owe $12,950.
Pay up dammit.

I cited the 2008 budget, all that happened in 2009, so this year you probably personally owe $12,950.
Pay up dammit.

and this is PRECISELY why we should have never allowed our government to borrow on our future wages or children's wages being taxed.

If we actually paid as we went, then these kind of baffling numbers that we would have to pay each year for their spending, probably would NEVER have happened....there really would have been a true revolution and all of us right and left, would have been on the same side! :razz:

Care

Pay up dammit.

and this is PRECISELY why we should have never allowed our government to borrow on our future wages or children's wages being taxed.

If we actually paid as we went, then these kind of baffling numbers that we would have to pay each year for their spending, probably would NEVER have happened....there really would have been a true revolution and all of us right and left, would have been on the same side! :razz:

Care

435 members in the House, 100 members in the Senate, 1 president. All 536 claim they want a balanced budget when they are campaigning. I'd say all 536 are liars.

Pay up dammit.
Only if you make sure we are all paid the same amount of the profits and pork that is shoveled out in that federal budget reform of "let's all pay our fair share". If we are going to do the "fair shares" act let's make it all fair shares. Then whatever you or I or anyone else does with our share of paying and receiving will be up to us. You can buy beer with yours if you like and I can spend mine on chocolates and cherries if I like.

Pay up dammit.
Only if you make sure we are all paid the same amount of the profits and pork that is shoveled out in that federal budget reform of "let's all pay our fair share". If we are going to do the "fair shares" act let's make it all fair shares. Then whatever you or I or anyone else does with our share of paying and receiving will be up to us. You can buy beer with yours if you like and I can spend mine on chocolates and cherries if I like.

Not unless you paid your "fair share". Between you and Rod that's $19,400.

Who uses the term "fair share" other than Karl Marx and your friendly US Attorney?

You do know where the idea of paying your fair share comes from, right? It certainly doesn't come from the U.S. Constitution or Declaration of Independence, it comes fromt he communist maxim "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need." Keep that in mind.

.:eek:

Repeating.

Who uses the term "fair share" other than Karl Marx and your friendly US Attorney?

You do know where the idea of paying your fair share comes from, right? It certainly doesn't come from the U.S. Constitution or Declaration of Independence, it comes fromt he communist maxim "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need." Keep that in mind.

.:eek:

Repeating.

Me poking fun at the leftists that spew that shit.

Why is my fair share of bullshit programs that were not the solution to anything and which I did not ask for and argued stridently against anythingand are unconstitutional into the bargain more than Zero?

Forum List

Back