Are you paying your "fair share"?

Did you pay your fair share in taxes?

• I paid less than $9700 per person in my household. Less than my fair share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I paid $9700 per person in my household. My fair share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I paid more than $9700 per person in my household. More than my fair share

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Way more. And never really complained about it. Until it was brought to my attention that we are now selfish and un-American and not paying our fair share. Now I complain a lot. The more insults the left hurls at the have's, the tighter they get with their pocketbook. In fact, I imagine charitable contributions have dropped dramatically. I used to give to every organization that called my house. Now my line is "get it from Obama." That's what happens when you piss people off. Shame, actually.

In 2008 the federal budget was 2.9 trillion dollars.
That's almost $9,700 per person expenditure.

REMEMBER! the $2.9 trillion budget INCLUDES social security spending so everyone should include what they pay in social security taxes as well.

NOTE! also include what your employer pays in Payroll taxes in your name as well, because these revenues also go in to the treasury to pay the budget!

Last edited:
oh and the 9700 per person, does that include what children one may have? $9700 per child as well?

Who uses the term "fair share" other than Karl Marx and your friendly US Attorney?

You do know where the idea of paying your fair share comes from, right? It certainly doesn't come from the U.S. Constitution or Declaration of Independence, it comes fromt he communist maxim "From each according to their ability, to each according to their need." Keep that in mind.

.:eek:

oh and the 9700 per person, does that include what children one may have? $9700 per child as well?

Yes, all those preschoolers need to go out and get jobs. Lazy slackers!

no silly!

his op said $9700 for every person in your household...he came up with that number SOMEHOW.....I just needed clarification on his op...where did he get the $9700, by dividing 300 million people in to our yearly budget or did he just do the working people in to the budget or just adults in to the budget?

Way more. And never really complained about it. Until it was brought to my attention that we are now selfish and un-American and not paying our fair share. Now I complain a lot. The more insults the left hurls at the have's, the tighter they get with their pocketbook. In fact, I imagine charitable contributions have dropped dramatically. I used to give to every organization that called my house. Now my line is "get it from Obama." That's what happens when you piss people off. Shame, actually.

A shame? Pathetic is a better word. Did you have a reason to give in the first place? Doesn't sound like it. Keep your gold. Hope you find comfort in it...

And you think people are supposed to enjoy being villified and ripped off by assholes like Gore and Kerry that give less to charity on there millions than I do on my paltry 30k a year percentage wise at least?

And you think people are supposed to enjoy being villified and ripped off by assholes like Gore and Kerry that give less to charity on there millions than I do on my paltry 30k a year percentage wise at least?

well, without charitable donations, they give more or pay more or owe more in taxes, so i suppose not all is lost....some of their extra taxes supports the welfare state?

Besides, you don't give so you can compare yourself to others tax returns and donations, do you?

Yes, all those preschoolers need to go out and get jobs. Lazy slackers!

no silly!

his op said $9700 for every person in your household...he came up with that number SOMEHOW.....I just needed clarification on his op...where did he get the $9700, by dividing 300 million people in to our yearly budget or did he just do the working people in to the budget or just adults in to the budget?

He's a far right conservative tax nut! You want a rational explanation? Good luck with that...

Gore and Kerry rip us off. So all the power in government lies in the hands of just two people. My, my. Well at least we aren't a dictatorship...

well, without charitable donations, they give more or pay more or owe more in taxes, so i suppose not all is lost....some of their extra taxes supports the welfare state?

Besides, you don't give so you can compare yourself to others tax returns and donations, do you?

Apparently they do. It seems a numbers game with them and the value is the number not those they help. As I said...pathetic...

I didn't figure you understand but I thought I'd give it a try. I don't give in order to get I do not give for purposes of comparison, I couldn't even tell you the dollar amount I give each year or the free services I have yielded to others. You see I give as the Holy spirit directs me, out of the Joy of a salvation vouchsafed me before the world was yet formed. I do it not to impress either man or God but because the Holy spirit has changed my heart.

The point of my last sir or madam as the case may be is that no one can know the entirety of what anyone else does or ultimately why they do it. And that they may just cease to do it if there reward for such is merely castigation and ripoff. Not everyone you see is a Christian and those that aren't will require other incentives.

I didn't figure you understand but I thought I'd give it a try. I don't give in order to get I do not give for purposes of comparison, I couldn't even tell you the dollar amount I give each year or the free services I have yielded to others. You see I give as the Holy spirit directs me, out of the Joy of a salvation vouchsafed me before the world was yet formed. I do it not to impress either man or God but because the Holy spirit has changed my heart.

The point of my last sir or madam as the case may be is that no one can know the entirety of what anyone else does or ultimately why they do it. And that they may just cease to do it if there reward for such is merely castigation and ripoff. Not everyone you see is a Christian and those that aren't will require other incentives.

makes perfect sense! ty for clarifying.

In 2008 the federal budget was 2.9 trillion dollars.
That's almost $9,700 per person expenditure.

You dont have the option for I paid less than $9,700 but it was still more than my fair share. :)

I know what you're getting at though MountainMan, just bustin ya chops

I made ~50,000 last year and after paying local, state, federal taxes and fees I paid $20,000 to the government out of my 50k.

NOT COOL AT ALL.

As far as federal tax i think it was just about at that number you quoted, a little under it.

Last edited:

i seriously doubt gore and kerry pay any taxes, they are democrats the masters of tax cheats.

Forum List

Back