Are you optimistic about the War on Terror?

Has your outlook for the War on Terror improved?

• Absolutely, the voting turnout in Iraq will herald a new paradigm in the Middle East!

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Yes, the level of participation of the election will legitimize the new Iraqi government.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Perhaps. We'll see how the Sunni's react to the new government.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Well, Civil War is now a real possibility.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the sooner we can leave Iraq the better.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
The War on Terror hinges upon Iraq. Since the new year, are you feeling more positive about the outlook for victory?

Comrade said:
The War on Terror hinges upon Iraq. Since the new year, are you feeling more positive about the outlook for victory?
Here's to hoping we can get lots of responses.

I am hopeful that we are setting a precedent in Iraq of how regimes that harbor and aid terrorists, will be dealt with. I would feel better about this if we had the troop numbers to back up threats and diplomacy-we are stretched too thin.

I do think that what has been happening today in Iraq will have an effect on its neighbors, whether they start to get with the plan or rush towards their evil goals, time will tell.

We have ourselves to worry about ! After today we need to pull out ! We have had enough of out men and women killed !

Sir Evil said:
Unfortunately people die in war but pulling out now will only result in things falling back to where they were. We have to maintain a presence there for quite sometime before it will all be over.

After taday they have shown some stregnth ! We should pull out within 6 months !

itsmeovhere said:
After taday they have shown some stregnth ! We should pull out within 6 months !

Sorry Sen. Teddy,
You lost.

Unfortunetly I don't think we will be pulling out anytime soon. My cousin is schedule to ship back over there in October.

itsmeovhere said:
We have ourselves to worry about ! After today we need to pull out ! We have had enough of out men and women killed !
That would be the worst possible course. It would hand victory to the terrorists. We will be in Iraq for a long time to come. At least until next December when the permanent Iraqi government is formed. Probably well beyond that.
-

onedomino said:
That would be the worst possible course. It would hand victory to the terrorists. We will be in Iraq for a long time to come. At least until next December when the permanent Iraqi government is formed. Probably well beyond that.
-

Pulling out in 6 months or 'setting a time table' is becoming the new mantra of the left. They have been nervous that Bush may have stumbled upon something that is going to work. That something gave him the Nov. election. Today that something has just become magnified. The left is now in total meltdown. Blinded by the dark.

itsmeovhere said:

I think we should just gradually withdraw to the huge miltary base we are hopefully constructing there and leave the rest of Iraq to police themselves. I'm sure they are grateful enough to allow our continued presence on a few well fortified square miles of their land. We'd be great for their economy and ya just never know when something might pop up over there in the middle of terrorist country.

dilloduck said:
I think we should just gradually withdraw to the huge miltary base we are hopefully constructing there and leave the rest of Iraq to police themselves. I'm sure they are grateful enough to allow our continued presence on a few well fortified square miles of their land. We'd be great for their economy and ya just never know when something might pop up over there in the middle of terrorist country.

I think the elections just bore that out. The military was the outer perimeter and it was not necessary for them to move in, in spite of the deadly attacks that were managed. The Iraqi military and police protected their citizens and polling places. Big sea change possible for their self-confidence and their people's perception of them.

That has to happen daily, then we can begin pulling out.

Sir Evil said:
The sooner the better agreed but so long as large numbers of the radical are on the lose we will need to maintain the presence so things wont dematerialize. That's going to be a large task and with Iran being part of the problem I would expect a presence in the region for quite some time to come.
so stud maybe you need to pull out sometime pal.............

:flameth: :flameth: :flameth: :flameth:

Forum List

Back