Are You NUTS!!!!

sidneyworld

Jun 15, 2009
New Jersey
Have you ever thought about this? Challenged your sanity?

Like, in my case, my leaving a dream job with a top litigator, making a great deal of money to instead travel, after months of complete frustration and wanting to resign this position for almost no reason. Litigation attorneys can be quite obnoxious, but probably the best learning tool in law and persuasion. But I remembered someone telling me that if I leave, make a complete change in your environment. To see the world. I did. Well at least the US. The best decision I ever made. And so what?

Just about all my closest friends think (albeit, affectionately) that I have cornered the market on functionally benign insanity. I've looked at it as good marketing. But in a recent attempt to assess the matter, over a few martinis and a simply wonderful night with my friends who I haven't seen in quite sometime, it seems to have become a progressive issue. With some of them too. Phew, thank God. Well, I mean it's not an everyday thing with me, I don't think. It's more a part of a built in characteristic, for as long as I can remember. And for the most part, as I get older, I think it's made me far more grounded to reality and less self absorbed. But some of this stuff is just way out there.

I've left a few high end positions simply because my integrity was challenged by a completely arrogant, and in one case incompetent supervisor who thought for a moment that I wouldn't leave because nobody would give up that kind of money. I've hung out with homeless people totally getting into the wine thing or anything they were doing, barring any hard drugs, and yes, .. well... I bought a bottle for myself for sanitary purposes but nonetheless, this is not what anyone in my family or my friends ever expected me to do, years ago, because I was always quite professional, at times brilliant, and mostly totally into law. So can you just imagine?

So now I am quite wealthy, engaged to a wonderful man who has similar just as devoted faith in God, and wondering if I can talk him into doing a Greenpeace thingy? We are at the same level financially, but my family thinks I'm going to blow this whole thing. Blow what? And I mean that in the most conventional sense....

..... he's listening and just wondering. :eusa_angel: Yikes!

Anne Marie

You support greenpeace? Yeah, you're nuts...

Yes I do. Imagine that? But I would ask that you first answer the initial question on an anonymously personal level, then we can get into Greenpeace... K? :eusa_pray:

I would appreciate that.

Have you ever had insane moments which were hysterical or disturbing... or just wondering that the quality of your life is far better because of your occasional or consistently complete indifference to what is considered "normal" decisions?

Thanks Eagle.

Anne Marie :)

Last edited:

Yes I do. Imagine that? But I would ask that you first answer the initial question on an anonymously personal level, then we can get into Greenpeace... K? :eusa_pray:

I would appreciate that.

Have you ever had insane moments which were hysterical or disturbing... or just wondering that the quality of your life is far better because of your occasional or consistently complete indifference to what is considered "normal" decisions?

Thanks Eagle.

I did but you lost me on the greenpeace.

I can truly agree with this statement!

Is what you're asking more simply put, "Have you ever acted on impulse alone?" If that's the question, yes, I have. Sometimes decisions I have made on impulse tend to turn out ok, sometimes they don't. Making important decisions on impulse alone is usually not the best thing to do. Very few important decisions require an "impulsive" quick or immediate resolution.

I would appreciate that.

Thanks Eagle.

To your initial question, I pretty much am the living antithesis of the social norm. I think this is partially why I tend to upset both sides on these forums. ;)

The only time I base my decisions upon what is expected is when the law is involved.

Last edited:

I would appreciate that.

Thanks Eagle.

To your initial question, I pretty much am the living antithesis of the social norm. I think this is partially why I tend to upset both sides on these forums. ;)

The only time I base my decisions upon what is expected is when the law is involved.

In other words you are an anti social turd whom only gets along when the law forces you too, thanks for letting us know.

I would appreciate that.

Thanks Eagle.

In other words you are an anti social turd whom only gets along when the law forces you too, thanks for letting us know.
Is this your demonstration of how to be social? I'll pass! :lol:

Okay, so what's wrong with Greenpeace? My family gives millions to these people. Are WE nuts?

Me thinks not. Best organization in the world. Total balls, no nonsense, and completely justified. Well.... :eusa_angel:

Anne Marie

One thing, the more sane you believe you are, the more insane you really are.

Also, the more "normal" you believe you are, the more perverted you really are.

You are not being yourself if you think you are normal or sane.

One thing, the more sane you believe you are, the more insane you really are.

Also, the more "normal" you believe you are, the more perverted you really are.

You are not being yourself if you think you are normal or sane.

Thank goodness fer that, Kitten! Insanity goes a long way these days. lol

Seriously.... :) I highly recommend it.

Anne Marie

Okay, so what's wrong with Greenpeace? My family gives millions to these people. Are WE nuts?

Me thinks not. Best organization in the world. Total balls, no nonsense, and completely justified. Well.... :eusa_angel:

Anne Marie

I'd be more impressed if their ships carried 3" deck guns and they started using them on those fucking whaler factory ships.

If you're an Inuit and you're in a kyack going after a whale with a spear, you get a pass.

Anything else hunting whales ought to get blown out of the water, not only by Greenpeace but by the navies of every civilized nation on earth.

Anne Marie

I'd be more impressed if their ships carried 3" deck guns and they started using them on those fucking whaler factory ships.

If you're an Inuit and you're in a kyack going after a whale with a spear, you get a pass.

Anything else hunting whales ought to get blown out of the water, not only by Greenpeace but by the navies of every civilized nation on earth.

Damn straight! :clap2:

Anne Marie

I would appreciate that.

Thanks Eagle.

Well ,how nouveau bohemian of you,or nobo .

Last edited:

Anne Marie

I study genetics at a vivarium. Between their stances on animal testing and GMOs, Greenpeace is my natural enemy. I would rather see you donating those millions to St. Jude's Children Hospital than to an organization of environmentalist extremists.

People! Don't fall into the obvious trap! She was a litigator! She is trying to get her fix by starting an argument! Don't feed the junkie!!!

btw REALLY good reasons for leaving and honestly it is admirable that you are willing to stand up for what you believe in. Not many people do that in today's society. ^_^

People! Don't fall into the obvious trap! She was a litigator! She is trying to get her fix by starting an argument! Don't feed the junkie!!!

btw REALLY good reasons for leaving and honestly it is admirable that you are willing to stand up for what you believe in. Not many people do that in today's society. ^_^

Who is this post addressed to? lol

Anne Marie

Me thinks not. Best organization in the world. Total balls, no nonsense, and completely justified. Well....

Anne Marie

This answer explains it all to me quite clearly... You are nuts!

New Topics

Forum List

Back