Are You More Or Less "Free" In A Society That

So far TWO RWers responded...not ONE answered the question directly.

Let's see what else happens.

We are more free, those of us who work, act responsibly and pay our own way. The 'entitlement' brigade, perhaps not so much but that's their own fault. It's that 'individual responsibility' thing that RWers keep whining about. I am not responsible for your fuck ups, and I don't expect you to be for mine.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

You and your ilk are so OBSESSED with what the poor and unfortunate may or may not be "taking away" from you, that you can't even stop and think of the common implications for EVERYONE including the regular hardworking Joe and/or Jane.

Utterly SICKENING!

*spits on the floor*

Essentially REQUIRES an individual to have good credit to do/have practically anything.

Aka, an abode, whether rent or own, a car, access to loans (well, this one more understandable), and many other things that decades ago was not necessary.

When we invaded Afghanistan I shocked a republican friend by admonishing his assertion that "they hated us for our freedoms".

There is some truth to the argument that they hate us for our freedoms. Osama himself has said that the west puts the Laws of Man, before the Laws of GOD. Some of those Laws He is referring to are our Freedoms, Like the freedom to be openly gay, or woman's rights.

You RW dimwits TOTALLY mis the point...once again.

One can be a millionaire or billionaire for all anyone knows, but would still be REQUIRED...aka FORCED to have good credit to get access to certain essentials in life.

One poster just posted the fact that now one has to PROVE good credit to GET a job...a job. That's DISGUSTING. So lets say, now an "irresponsible" person is finally getting to a point where they can "pull themselves up by their boot straps" some employer, without any other history than what some credit score(s) says...will NOT be able to hire them. Even if all their other recon and backchecking states that this is a PERFECT candidate for hire.

That's NOT freedom CON$...it simply just isn't.

Not to mention the tons of people who DON'T want to have any credit whatsoever, who live totally "responsible" lives and always have and always will, but because there is no record from some "credit company" to judge them by, they are NOT afforded access to certain essentials in live.

Again...this is NOT freedom...this is akin to Corporate Rule.

But I see some of you toe-lickers will defend it to the hilt, come hell or highwater.

*SMH*

Having a bad day, are you?
Can't answer the basic question honestly...can you?

You RW dimwits TOTALLY mis the point...once again.

One can be a millionaire or billionaire for all anyone knows, but would still be REQUIRED...aka FORCED to have good credit to get access to certain essentials in life.

One poster just posted the fact that now one has to PROVE good credit to GET a job...a job. That's DISGUSTING. So lets say, now an "irresponsible" person is finally getting to a point where they can "pull themselves up by their boot straps" some employer, without any other history than what some credit score(s) says...will NOT be able to hire them. Even if all their other recon and backchecking states that this is a PERFECT candidate for hire.

That's NOT freedom CON$...it simply just isn't.

Not to mention the tons of people who DON'T want to have any credit whatsoever, who live totally "responsible" lives and always have and always will, but because there is no record from some "credit company" to judge them by, they are NOT afforded access to certain essentials in live.

Again...this is NOT freedom...this is akin to Corporate Rule.

But I see some of you toe-lickers will defend it to the hilt, come hell or highwater.

*SMH*

Having a bad day, are you?
Can't answer the basic question honestly...can you?

Because I chose to take responsibility for my life, I have the freedom to do anything I want in life, at pretty much any time I want to.

How's this a problem for you, and why do you find it so offensive?

Decades ago, people actually had a sense of right & wrong, and carried a conscience, and worked for those things they wanted. Today, everyone is under the misguided assumption that they're "entitled".

This is a very skewed and somewhat fanciful view of the past. People of yesteryear were no more or less virtuous than people today. Economic situations however were different. In the "golden age" of the American economy, the 1950s and 60s, one wage earner could make a living that alowed him to save while consuming. The distribution of wealth was much less skewed to the super rich. Since Reagan, the distribution of wealth has shifted dramatically. The median family is now offering about 80% more work hours than they did in the golden age and most households have two rather than one income earner. For this 80% increase in work hours, the median household has gotten about 7% more real income. They have seen healthcare costs, housing costs and educational cost rise much faster than inflation so in reality, while working more, the median household has gone backwards financially.

Meanwhile, the top 1% of income earners have seen there real incomes triple and more over the same period. The over abundance of money on the high end fuels a bubble of capital that floats from one sector of the financial markets to another, causing ruin as it goes. Stock prices shyrocket and crash. Real estate prices skyrocket and crash. Commodities futures skyrocket and crash and so on and so forth. This is all a function of the non-consumed income of the rich trying to make money for nothing essentially. One of the ways so-called "surplus units" try to make money for nothing is to deposit money in banks. To make money, the banks must lend. Credit/debt becomes more ubiquitous.

While it is in the end the responsibility of the consumer, one has to recognize that the whole system was geared toward debt and most of that pressure was coming from the top.

Essentially REQUIRES an individual to have good credit to do/have practically anything.

Aka, an abode, whether rent or own, a car, access to loans (well, this one more understandable), and many other things that decades ago was not necessary.

When we invaded Afghanistan I shocked a republican friend by admonishing his assertion that "they hated us for our freedoms".

There is some truth to the argument that they hate us for our freedoms. Osama himself has said that the west puts the Laws of Man, before the Laws of GOD. Some of those Laws He is referring to are our Freedoms, Like the freedom to be openly gay, or woman's rights.

sure lots of things that are not true in net still contain some truths.

I might add that debt = slavery.

Our system is based on debt, therefore it is based on slavery.

And a strict answer to Marc's question might be that some of us are more free while others are less free because of our credit ratings and dependence on credit as a personal identifier.

You left out "to get a job"...many companies require you release your credit reports as a condition of submitting an application or resume...and "as a basis for your insurance rate".

The use of other people's money on your terms is an "essential" of life?

Dimwit...getting a job should NOT be contingent upon your credit score. Nor should getting an abode.

So far TWO RWers responded...not ONE answered the question directly.

Let's see what else happens.

We are more free, those of us who work, act responsibly and pay our own way.

The Unicorn Rancher has spoken, or should I say deliriously rattled off some BS. I do wish what you believe was true, but under the veil you are as exposed as an airport x-ray machine set on high can make you.

Decades ago, people actually had a sense of right & wrong, and carried a conscience, and worked for those things they wanted. Today, everyone is under the misguided assumption that they're "entitled".

This is a very skewed and somewhat fanciful view of the past. People of yesteryear were no more or less virtuous than people today.

I sincerely do not believe it. Anecdotal accounts of the depression era fairly unanimously concur that people didn't lock their homes despite the poverty.

And even a cursory scan across our culture in our life spans reinforces that as the decline in personal morality is everywhere to be witnessed.

But then again social engineering manufactures criminal classes.

The use of other people's money on your terms is an "essential" of life?

Dimwit...getting a job should NOT be contingent upon your credit score. Nor should getting an abode.

Getting a house should not be contingent upon your credit score? Really?! LMFAO.

You RW LIARS love to pick and choose to bolster your FAUX arguments and false beliefs don't you?

I said abode. That includes rent.

I said abode...not mansion.

Dimwit.

Getting a house should not be contingent upon your credit score? Really?! LMFAO.

You RW LIARS love to pick and choose to bolster your FAUX arguments and false beliefs don't you?

I said abode. That includes rent.

I said abode...not mansion.

Dimwit.

You think it's even more ridiculous for a LANDLORD to require whatever is necessary to secure his investment? LOL

Incidentally, why are you the only one getting all insulting, and nasty on this thread? Things not going the way you think they should?

There's that self entitlement thing again...

You think it's even more ridiculous for a LANDLORD to require whatever is necessary to secure his investment? LOL

Incidentally, why are you the only one getting all insulting, and nasty on this thread? Things not going the way you think they should?

LoLing at the ASS umption that I must be some poor schmuck who's down on his luck and mad at the world and everything in it.

49izadw.gif

LoLing at ASSuming I must be some poor schmuck who's down on his luck and mad at the world and everything in it.

49izadw.gif

Can't imagine where anyone would get that idea, given your temper tantrum in this thread alone...

Opinions are like ...., everyone has one. You're entitled to yours.

The job thing is a little gray. All things being equal, what could you deduce about someone who doesn't pay his bills on time, assuming he can because, say, he was already employed? How much can government demand employers do?

Forum List

Back