Are you looking for something to read?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
gutenberg-100765002-large.jpg

The article is about finding ebooks for a Kindle but Project Gutenberg has books for every electronic device, include desktops and laptops.

And hereā€™s another:

If youā€™ve got a library card, youā€™ve got access to free ebooks. OverDrive is an online service that allows library card holders to download free ebooks (and movies and audio content, too) from their public library, school or institutionā€™s collection to their Kindles. The more library cards you have in your name, the more books you have access to.

And yet another:

A project of the Internet Archive, Open Library provides access to well over one million free ebooks. It bills its offerings as ā€œthe worldā€™s classic literature at your fingertips,ā€ but that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a museum of moldy oldies. While youā€™ll find enough literary canon to make an AP English teacher beam with joy, the virtual shelves are also stocked with bestselling authors like Stephen King and Tom Clancy, kid-lit series like Captain Underpants and Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and a host of academic texts. Given Open Libraryā€™s stated goal is ā€œto make all the published works of humankind available to everyone in the world,ā€ youā€™re likely to find what youā€™re looking for here.

And he continues with all sorts of other sources @ How to get free books for your Amazon Kindle

Yes thanks, I was on the Gutenberg project probably a decade or so ago. He was (and probably still is) compiling many books for free access.

I might add archive.org though it's a bit more niche (or was). I did alot of looking around there learning about old CIA training audio and archived material. Kept me busy for weeks as I am a constant consumer of information.

Reading keeps the mind sharp and keeps you sane!

Forum List

Back