Are You Guys Ready For Your National ID Cards?

Look, Brotherman, honestly, thats a little scary. And I don't swing that way. Besides, you're getting side tracked again.

If this is the apex of your ability to quote someone then I guess it's kinda obvious why you don't add links to your sources. Would you like to admit your hand in that quote or is this going to be taken to a whole new level of shit talking?

Ok. lookey here though Shogun...

National IDs would violate privacy by helping to consolidate data. There is an enormous and ever-increasing amount of data being collected about Americans today. Ones grocery store, for example, might use a loyalty card to keep detailed records of what you buy, while Amazon keeps records of what you read, the airlines keep track of where you fly, and so on. This can be an invasion of privacy, but our privacy has actually been protected by the fact that all this information still remains scattered across many different databases. But once the government, landlords, employers, or other powerful forces gain the ability to draw together all this information, our privacy will really be destroyed. And that is exactly what a national identity system would facilitate.

You still haven't answered this yet....

Ok. lookey here though Shogun...

National IDs would violate privacy by helping to consolidate data. There is an enormous and ever-increasing amount of data being collected about Americans today. Ones grocery store, for example, might use a loyalty card to keep detailed records of what you buy, while Amazon keeps records of what you read, the airlines keep track of where you fly, and so on. This can be an invasion of privacy, but our privacy has actually been protected by the fact that all this information still remains scattered across many different databases. But once the government, landlords, employers, or other powerful forces gain the ability to draw together all this information, our privacy will really be destroyed. And that is exactly what a national identity system would facilitate.

And credit rating compnaies that know you by your SS# aren't compiling data? Again, have you burned your SS card yet? No? go figure. You seem to think that collecting demographics is a brand new sport. You have not lost privacy while you NOW have a social security card, right? there you go. A national ID system would clarify who is and who isn't a citizen on par with the SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION when they send you your yearly projection of social security disability benefits.

Face it. yours is not a position based on reason or evidence. I happen to enjoy my non-british looking flouride in the water teeth. Maybe if you stop repeating the same ole pile of warm, steaming shit you'll notice a lack of black 'copters taking notes on how many average times it takes you to wipe your ass.

And credit rating compnaies that know you by your SS# aren't compiling data? Again, have you burned your SS card yet? No? go figure. You seem to think that collecting demographics is a brand new sport. You have not lost privacy while you NOW have a social security card, right? there you go. A national ID system would clarify who is and who isn't a citizen on par with the SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION when they send you your yearly projection of social security disability benefits.

Face it. yours is not a position based on reason or evidence. I happen to enjoy my non-british looking flouride in the water teeth. Maybe if you stop repeating the same ole pile of warm, steaming shit you'll notice a lack of black 'copters taking notes on how many average times it takes you to wipe your ass.

This isn't nearly over yet. lol. I'll be back later to take you to school again.

lol. Alright I admit it. But come on. It was funny.

oh ill give you that.. it was pretty funny.. but I just wanted to give you a chance to avoid taking the discussion to that level. I'm a fan too but I thought I'd offer fair warning.

This isn't nearly over yet. lol. I'll be back later to take you to school again.

Dr. Dealgood: Listen all! This is the truth of it. Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all. Look at us now! Busted up, and everyone talking about hard rain! But we've learned, by the dust of them all... Bartertown learned. Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here! And it finishes here! Two men enter; one man leaves.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls... Dyin' time's here.

CONNECT the dots, eh?

how's that conspiracy shit working out for you this side of being prescribed meds for schizophrenic delusions?

HO NOOeZ! Dey commin for mee!

as sad as the black 'copter crew is I have to give the award to the Beasters since i'm working on achieving the unforgivable sin today.

Then again, that's what my illuminati handler told me to say on pain of death so take it however you like it.
I don't usually prescrib to conspiracy theories. But when answers are classified (purposefully hidden) or several smaller events line up to make a bigger whole I will question the value added.

If things do not seem right we should ask why. If things are lining up to create further supercede the Constitution, we should ask why.

Do you want a National ID card? Then why? Do you want microchips that track everything from location to transactions and perhaps even cameras? Then why? Do you want less freedom and more surveillance? Then why? What is the value added?

I can see the value added for children, but can they legally have them removed when they come of age or will it be a mandatory implant? ill the National ID card be a smart card that will house all of our records (Credit limits, library card, license, medical records, criminal records, etc)?

I just move this weekend. I called to have my electricity turned on in my new home. The electric company has a contract with Comcast and Direct TV to refer me to them when a new account is opened. It is not a large leap from there for these companies to deny us service if we owe an affiliate some money (over due cable Bill would lead to loss of a utility).

Would you have a problem with consolidation on that level?

Exactly Taomon, and not to mention that many of the respondents refer bitterly to the fact that Real ID will be enormously expensive, yet includes no funding from the federal government. Over and over again the state respondents ask, as Maine put it, "Who will pay the hundreds of millions or even billions which this currently unfunded federal mandate will cost in individual states and across the nation."

If Real ID goes forward, the DMVs will have to raise fees and turn to legislators to secure new funding so citizens aren't left without identity documents that permit them to fly, enter federal courthouses, or carry out other necessary activities that count as "federal purposes" (a list that is sure to expand). But beyond the DMVs' struggle for funds lies the undeniable fact that when all is said and done, it will be the residents of the states who pay - not only in hassle, delay, and inconvenience, but in higher fees and/or taxes. Real ID's supporters may have slid it through Congress without the proper democratic process, but that does not make it any less of a real nightmare, pure and simple.

And Shogun, tell you what jiggamon, I've never seen someone practicly begging for the government to crack down on it's citizens before. Seriously, you are a first for me.

How about this, you hold onto the the shredder so that it gives a clean cut and I'll ram the United States Constitution through it. At least then we can say we worked together on something eh? lol.

I'm telling you guys. The REAL ID is bad news. Fight against it at all costs. And in the end, you will still have the country you grew up in. It may need some remodeling, but it will still be here.

And Shogun, tell you what jiggamon, I've never seen someone practicly begging for the government to crack down on it's citizens before. Seriously, you are a first for me.

How about this, you hold onto the the shredder so that it gives a clean cut and I'll ram the United States Constitution through it. At least then we can say we worked together on something eh? lol.

I'm telling you guys. The REAL ID is bad news. Fight against it at all costs. And in the end, you will still have the country you grew up in. It may need some remodeling, but it will still be here.

Exactly!

I don't usually prescrib to conspiracy theories. But when answers are classified (purposefully hidden) or several smaller events line up to make a bigger whole I will question the value added.

If things do not seem right we should ask why. If things are lining up to create further supercede the Constitution, we should ask why.

Do you want a National ID card? Then why? Do you want microchips that track everything from location to transactions and perhaps even cameras? Then why? Do you want less freedom and more surveillance? Then why? What is the value added?

I can see the value added for children, but can they legally have them removed when they come of age or will it be a mandatory implant? ill the National ID card be a smart card that will house all of our records (Credit limits, library card, license, medical records, criminal records, etc)?

I just move this weekend. I called to have my electricity turned on in my new home. The electric company has a contract with Comcast and Direct TV to refer me to them when a new account is opened. It is not a large leap from there for these companies to deny us service if we owe an affiliate some money (over due cable Bill would lead to loss of a utility).

Would you have a problem with consolidation on that level?

First, when has anyone remotely suggestedthta rf chips be forced onto anyone? Do we make pet owners chip their dogs? no. Has ANYONE suggested that it be mandatory for kids to be chipped? no? the how does allowing such to be an option equate to the black 'copter paranoid delusion? If Natalie Halloways parents decided to chip her the day she were born can you FATHOM how such might have been a benefit, say, in 2005?

I've already covered how EASY inserting and extracting such a chip would be. For pete's sake, if men can manage having their balls clipped during an outpatient doctors visit I'm going to go ahead and assume that injecting a chip won't be anything like the trailer for Saw 4.

Second, Yes, I am totally for a national ID for the specific reasons mentioned above. You see, in this debate I'm the one with hands on experience in having to break the law in order to maintain a legal hiring practices. Did you know that I have to HIRE a suspected illegal before I can verify his ID? No? This is where real life usurps the paranoid rant, fellas. I'm not offering you some rhetorical hypothetic circumstance here. I'm telling you how an outdated form of ID is creating havoc in real life employer circumstances and how it related to the greater problem of illegal immigration.

Third, until either one of you burn your social security number then neither one of you have an inch of platform to stand on when complaining about being tracked, demographics collected or information shared. Challenge this point, I dare you.

Fourth, I am hardly interested in allowing some big spooky government to become my string pulling marionette. However, it's a total joke to assume that big brother is going to stand by your bed stroking his pocket hamster while you sleep just because a form of national ID becomes a standard in proving personal identity.

How about, instead of the x files "the truth is out there" approach, you both give me actual concerns about how such an ID would be used that has a negative impact on your life. Im not asking for 30 posts that regurgitate the plot of 1984. This is why you conspiracy people are as silly as the antichrist people. You seem to think that someone cares enough about your lives that they know when you are taking a shit. It's ridiculous.

Ps, since one of you obvious brainiacs brought up the Constitution, why don't you go ahead and show me where the CONSTITUTION says that citizenship will never require ID. Could it be possible that rhetorical talking points that have as much validity as my dog's poo has nutritional value are easier to toss out than taking a few minutes to think critically about the ramifications of an issue?

See above.

and Im STILL waiting for your proof that rf chips CAUSE cancer.

or, were you hoping id forget that?

tell it to your gopher neighbors Ted the unibomber.

First, when has anyone remotely suggestedthta rf chips be forced onto anyone? Do we make pet owners chip their dogs? no. Has ANYONE suggested that it be mandatory for kids to be chipped? no? the how does allowing such to be an option equate to the black 'copter paranoid delusion? If Natalie Halloways parents decided to chip her the day she were born can you FATHOM how such might have been a benefit, say, in 2005?

Natalie Halloway's circumstances are highly unique, so you cant really compare them to the issue at hand. Chips don't have to be implanted in YOU, they will be in the ID. The same ID you are required to carry around everywhere you go, the one you will need to drive your car and enter government buildings... If I had to guess what was to come next, it would be "Papers, please." The gestapo is already in place. Got the Blackwaters to keep us safe here at home. Hmm.. didn't something similar happen in Rome? Big empire, expanded until military was decentralized? Created an elite military police with a big political agenda, the Praetorian Guard? Praetorian Guard used to exorcise political enemies and keep the people suppressed? What came next... ah yes, Rome was overrun by barbarian mercenaries.

I've already covered how EASY inserting and extracting such a chip would be. For pete's sake, if men can manage having their balls clipped during an outpatient doctors visit I'm going to go ahead and assume that injecting a chip won't be anything like the trailer for Saw 4.

Once again, without the chip you wouldn't be able to do shit. And if you could take it out, how does that make the principle of the Real ID Act any more desirable?

Second, Yes, I am totally for a national ID for the specific reasons mentioned above. You see, in this debate I'm the one with hands on experience in having to break the law in order to maintain a legal hiring practices. Did you know that I have to HIRE a suspected illegal before I can verify his ID? No? This is where real life usurps the paranoid rant, fellas. I'm not offering you some rhetorical hypothetic circumstance here. I'm telling you how an outdated form of ID is creating havoc in real life employer circumstances and how it related to the greater problem of illegal immigration.

I'm willing to sacrifice some employers' good day for continued freedom and liberty in America. The Real ID Act would end that.

Third, until either one of you burn your social security number then neither one of you have an inch of platform to stand on when complaining about being tracked, demographics collected or information shared. Challenge this point, I dare you.

The amount of tracking possible with the social security number doesn't hold a candle to the tracking enabled by Real ID. Point challenged. Look up your facts kiddo.

Fourth, I am hardly interested in allowing some big spooky government to become my string pulling marionette. However, it's a total joke to assume that big brother is going to stand by your bed stroking his pocket hamster while you sleep just because a form of national ID becomes a standard in proving personal identity.

You want to give access to all of the electronic information collected about you to ONE organization? That's smart. Power corrupts. You know the rest.

How about, instead of the x files "the truth is out there" approach, you both give me actual concerns about how such an ID would be used that has a negative impact on your life. Im not asking for 30 posts that regurgitate the plot of 1984. This is why you conspiracy people are as silly as the antichrist people. You seem to think that someone cares enough about your lives that they know when you are taking a shit. It's ridiculous.

If privacy isn't a big enough concern for you, I don't know what will. If you want to believe the government isn't fucking you over, fine. But how can you relax if you know that the government knows what library book you just checked out. And that pair of underwear you bought yesterday. I'm not going to address WHY they need to know all this, but I will say the Real ID Act is a blatant violation of privacy, and should be shot down, if just for that.

Ps, since one of you obvious brainiacs brought up the Constitution, why don't you go ahead and show me where the CONSTITUTION says that citizenship will never require ID. Could it be possible that rhetorical talking points that have as much validity as my dog's poo has nutritional value are easier to toss out than taking a few minutes to think critically about the ramifications of an issue?

Hm... I wonder if you've ever read the Constitution.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am10

That means the Fed isn't supposed to call the shots. Hence, States should be able to pass their own ID laws. So explain again the constitutionality of the Real ID Act. Where in there does it say national ID is allowed?

Every State has denounced the Real ID Act, because of lack of funding and invasion of privacy.

"the REAL ID Act wrongly coerces states into doing the federal government's bidding by threatening to refuse noncomplying states' citizens the privileges and immunities enjoyed by other states' citizens"

Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington have joined Maine and Utah in passing legislation opposing Real ID. However it should be noted that most of these actions are non-binding resolutions rather than acts of law, leaving the decision about compliance to the governors themselves.

Similar resolutions are pending in Alaska, Arizona, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_id_act

Forced chips is an extrapolation. The National ID cards will be mandatory. Smart cards could be the next logical upgrade and probably a mandatory one at that. And so on. I did say I saw the benefit of chipping our children, but would that be mandatory or would we have the option of removal after we reach maturity? I cannot say I exactly trust the direction our government has been taking considering surveillance.

No one is assuming that the microchip would be such a horrendous operation, in fact it would most likely be an in and out thing. But the possibility of mandatory injections is not to far of a stretch. Especially since terrorism and national security would be touted as the reasoning behind it.

It is true that our social security number is exactly that. But IDs can be stolen, forged, and so on. I disagree with the system that orbits around our SS number. I think it is a severe intrusion and an economic noose. But the SS number is assigned to us, not implanted in us with RFID technology.

How about a standard of tracking us? How about a standard of surveillance? How about a new way to corral all lower income people into economic reservations?

So our phone calls are recorded & cataloged by the NSA, along with email transmissions, faxes, Internet activity, financial records, library books borrowed, job history and so on. These records are housed in super computers and AI software analyzes it for "suspicious" associations. You don't have a problem with that? Have you not read any news papers since 2005?

Our founding fathers did not fathom that the citizens of America would be required to pay for and carry Identification. Nor did they conceive of microchip technology. So your point is moot at best. The argument can be made either way. Abortion rights were not written into the Constitution because our founding fathers did not conceive of women wanting to have such an operation, yet a woman should have the right to choose should she not?

Don't blame your situation on our current laws. Blame the Government for not enforcing them. And for allowing this problem to get so far out of hand. Blame the Government for standing by as illegals march in our streets and demand their rights!!

You sit here and pretend that the government is going to do jack shit about illegal aliens with their National ID when everyday I watch those fuckers march on national television right in front of the governments face. And they DO NOTHING. NOTHING.

Your arguement is bullshit.

The only people who will be effected negatively by the REAL ID National ID is us! Because as American citizens we follow our own laws. It's just an attempt at a hidden tax and a way to further restrict our rights. Plain and simple. Screw the REAL ID. They can take it and shove it up their asses.

Natalie Halloway's circumstances are highly unique, so you cant really compare them to the issue at hand. Chips don't have to be implanted in YOU, they will be in the ID. The same ID you are required to carry around everywhere you go, the one you will need to drive your car and enter government buildings... If I had to guess what was to come next, it would be "Papers, please." The gestapo is already in place. Got the Blackwaters to keep us safe here at home. Hmm.. didn't something similar happen in Rome? Big empire, expanded until military was decentralized? Created an elite military police with a big political agenda, the Praetorian Guard? Praetorian Guard used to exorcise political enemies and keep the people suppressed? What came next... ah yes, Rome was overrun by barbarian mercenaries.

I can compare whatever I feel like, dude. If you reject the example then such is your own deficiency. Merely saying that Holloway doesn't count really isn't very impressive. UNIQUE? yes, yearly missing person reports suggest that it's a total blue moon event that an American goes missing.

You make staggering leaps of logic in that paragraph. I take it that you'vbe burned your social security card then? Have you sold your number to a Mexican who will appreciate it? No? Then spare me the paranoid gestapo routine. If someone asked you to prove who you are before voting then so be it. I know, it's almost as fucking nutty as proving your ID and using your SS# when opening a bank account, isn't it? Next thing you know the MAN is going to force you to pay with debit cards instead of cash! Those thumbprints used for verification when cashing a check?!? IT'S MADE FROM PEOPLE! IT's SOILENT INK!

Like I keep saying.. you tinfoil hat wearing nutters are in a tight race with dogma junkies in a race to see who is more irrational and reactive to paranoid delusions.

Once again, without the chip you wouldn't be able to do shit. And if you could take it out, how does that make the principle of the Real ID Act any more desirable?

Don't worry, dude. After we have you in our clockwork orange entertainment center for a bit you won't even care!

:rofl:

The premise of your question hinges on some delusional 1984 fantasy, dude. Why don't you go ask the Amish how heavy handed is the US government with it's applied standard. I guess, with the advent of electronic voting the Amish are just shit outa luck too, eh? You probably don't hear from too many Amish anyway since we've got em all sitting in a concentration camp waiting for re-education on switching from XP to Vista! Those bitches will conform!

Im confident that you'll be able to function without some revelations night terror turning the US into a Dark City landscape. You've functioned this far without the social security admin swoopin at your head like the SS, yes? There you go.

I'm willing to sacrifice some employers' good day for continued freedom and liberty in America. The Real ID Act would end that.

Of course you are. Because cheap, plastic talking points that are void of critical thought beyond the same ole regurgitated shit from a generation that desperately wishes it was still the 60s is to your paranoid delusions what titties and ass are to marketing.

You have no evidence that a Real ID will produce fire and brimstone. You really are the left's version of Pat Robertson predicting the second coming every disapointed decade.

The amount of tracking possible with the social security number doesn't hold a candle to the tracking enabled by Real ID. Point challenged. Look up your facts kiddo.

You are a fucking crackhead. Point challenged? With what? A statement of opinion? OHHH NOOOOEZ! Again, here you sit crying about your paranoid delusion while your SS# is sitting on the the desk of a credit rating company. Right now. Right now, your identification can be used to track every location you use a debit card at. I can triangulate your location every time you use a cell phone. Did you refuse to show two forms of ID when being hired? Or, I almost garenfuckingtee, did you use your SS card and Drivers license to VERIFY your eligibility to work in the US? Hey, did you feel your tinfoil hat heat up slightly as you typed something in the google search bar that will be archived in a database?

I tell you what, why don't you do provide evidence that Real IDs will lead to more data mining than that which is already a fact of our collective American existence. As it is, I've given you specific examples of the benefits of a real ID and here you are offering me goofy fucking talking points that would make Ken Mehlman's crotch require sly readjustment.

You want to give access to all of the electronic information collected about you to ONE organization? That's smart. Power corrupts. You know the rest.

You mean like the Social Security Admin? Ignorance is contagious. Beware the FLOURIDE! Electricity is just a scam to make people dependent on the STATE! Run for the HILLS!

If privacy isn't a big enough concern for you, I don't know what will. If you want to believe the government isn't fucking you over, fine. But how can you relax if you know that the government knows what library book you just checked out. And that pair of underwear you bought yesterday. I'm not going to address WHY they need to know all this, but I will say the Real ID Act is a blatant violation of privacy, and should be shot down, if just for that.

How have you been "fucked over" specifically within the last 4 years? Go ahead and give me a non-rhetorical answer. AMAZON knows what fucking books you read every time you use AMAZON to order a fucking book, dude. Name one poor motherfucker that has been treated like Ferlinghetti in the last 50 fucking years. WAL MART doesn't know what undies you buy, with a debit card linked to your SS# no less?

No, please elaborate on WHY anyone would give the first flying fuck what book you read or underoos you wear. I'm all about reading funny, misguided delusional rants. Hell, I like schitzo fiction just like the next fan of sci fi.

Sorry, your baseless opinion just isn't all that attractive as a national standard these days. If only you had more to give as a tangible reason for fear beyond, again, talking points that got old 20 years ago.

don't worry, dude... you can always take your fucking ass to Mexico. I hear they don't give a fuck about their population enough to even enforce laws so you'll probably just love the anonymity, ya fucking unibomber.

Hm... I wonder if you've ever read the Constitution.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am10

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

uh, and this invalidates Real Id's how? Are you really going to tell me that you think the tenth Amendment prohibits a federal ID? :rofl:

Yes, i've read the Constitution. I guess the next question you need to ask yourself is if YOU understood what you were reading while acting like some poser trying to look smart.

Also, after you wipe your tears away from this mudhole being stomped, please show me where you have ANY enumerated right to privacy per the Constitution.

That means the Fed isn't supposed to call the shots. Hence, States should be able to pass their own ID laws. So explain again the constitutionality of the Real ID Act. Where in there does it say national ID is allowed?

Are you fucking kidding me? The FED doesn't call the shots when Ca decriminalizes pot? Did the FEDS call the shots when forcing Alabama to let blacks into its colleges? You play the part of an uber liberal yet you just used the same arguement that conservatives use to ban gay marriage!

The Supremacy Clause is the common name given to Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, which reads:
“ This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause

Have a taste of the Constitution, you political savant you.

Every State has denounced the Real ID Act, because of lack of funding and invasion of privacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_id_act[/QUOTE]

Yea yea yea.. they said the same thing about letting blacks off of the cotton field. Invasion of privacy is a strawman the size of the one burned in the desert and lack of funding is a goddamn joke. I suggest you reach for something a little more tangible than your paranoid delusions and total confusion regarding the Constitution, dude.

You know, like the specific examples detailing the necessity of a real Id like I posted.

Have a great life in Mexico, buddy.

Forum List

Back