Are you granting Romney the liberty to lie?

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
According to polls and what we see right here on these boards, an astonishing number of Romney supporters acknowledge that they don't really trust him and admit that he lies constantly. Yet, they intend to vote for him anyhow.

Is your support rewarding him for lying? Of course it is. If his supporters rejected him for lying, he'd have no campaign at all.

Why WOULD someone knowingly vote for someone they don't trust to be honest? What do you expect to get if he wins except more lies?

"...Mitt Romney has demonstrated an uncanny, unflinching willingness to say anything and everything to win this election. And that person, the unprincipled prince of untruths, is running roughly even with or slightly ahead of the president in the national polls.

What does this say about our country?*What does it say about the value of virtue?…"

"...According to a Quinnipiac University/New York Times/CBS News Swing State poll released Wednesday, President Obama has a 9 percentage point lead over Romney in Ohio among likely voters on the question of who is honest and trustworthy (most people thought that the president was honest while most would not say the same about Romney). But that same poll found that the president only had a 5-point lead in the horse race numbers in Ohio.

The president had a similarly large lead on the honesty question in Florida in Virginia, but in those states the poll found the race to be virtually tied — the president had a small lead that was within the margin of error.

How is it that so many people are willing to support a man who they don’t believe is honest or trustworthy?

The poll also found that most voters didn’t believe that Romney cared about their problems. On the other hand, at least 60 percent of voters in each state said that they believed that the president cared about their problems.

Who votes for a man who doesn’t care about you over a man who does?

I recognize that Obama hatred is a real thing, but disliking the president so much that you would do harm to yourself by voting for someone who you admit you don’t trust seems to be taking things to extremes.

All the voters who are aware of Romney’s fact-mangling but vote for him anyway must ask themselves this question: are they granting him the liberty to lie?…."

Liberty to Lie - NYTimes.com

President Romney in less than a week....

Can't wait.

Does he lie? Do you trust him to tell the truth?

First of all, he is a politician. Do i know trust him? Yes. He seems to be a down to earth kinda guy as far as I can see. Despite what the biased media and libs portrays him to be. Do I trust obama? No. He is the kinda guy that sweeps you off your feet, makes love to you, then you find out he has since banged your sister a friend and 2 chicks at the bar. He is full of shit. Is Romney full of shit? Idk but I think he deserves a chance. I might be negative about Romney in 4 years if he wins, but i'm willing to take the chance.

No. I don't trust what any politician tells me. But I choose the lesser of 2 evils. I've seen that Romney can at least run a government structure. Obama has shown that he cannot. Simple as that. holding my nose and voting for Romney. Can't be any worse than the last 4 years.

Can't wait.

First of all, he is a politician. Do i know trust him? Yes. He seems to be a down to earth kinda guy as far as I can see. Despite what the biased media and libs portrays him to be. Do I trust obama? No. He is the kinda guy that sweeps you off your feet, makes love to you, then you find out he has since banged your sister a friend and 2 chicks at the bar. He is full of shit. Is Romney full of shit? Idk but I think he deserves a chance. I might be negative about Romney in 4 years if he wins, but i'm willing to take the chance.

You're one of the few I've met who says you actually trust him. Most I know admit they do not.

Here's a new take on lying..

David Brooks's new column, 'The Upside of Opportunism' — one of his last before the Nov. 6 election — puts that lukewarm endorsement into print.

"The bottom line is this: If Obama wins, we’ll probably get small-bore stasis; if Romney wins, we’re more likely to get bipartisan reform," Brooks writes. "Romney is more of a flexible flip-flopper than Obama. He has more influence over the most intransigent element in the Washington equation House Republicans. He’s more likely to get big stuff done."
David Brooks's long, hard road to Romney - POLITICO.com

The only "big" thing Romney got done was RomneyCare.

And he did that only because the Federal Government was threatening to cut money to his state.

Can't wait.

Down to Earth?

He's like every other CEO I've met.

None..and I mean none of them have been "Down to Earth".

David Brooks's new column, 'The Upside of Opportunism' — one of his last before the Nov. 6 election — puts that lukewarm endorsement into print.

"The bottom line is this: If Obama wins, we’ll probably get small-bore stasis; if Romney wins, we’re more likely to get bipartisan reform," Brooks writes. "Romney is more of a flexible flip-flopper than Obama. He has more influence over the most intransigent element in the Washington equation House Republicans. He’s more likely to get big stuff done."

And he did that only because the Federal Government was threatening to cut money to his state.

And, he still has the nerve to condemn Obamacare which was BASED in part on HIS Massachusetts plan!

The guy will say anything to get elected and when you support him, you empower him to keep on lying.

And, he still has the nerve to condemn Obamacare which was BASED in part on HIS Massachusetts plan!

The guy will say anything to get elected and when you support him, you empower him to keep on lying.

Again, what is the alternative?

Which part of your own post confused you?

We already know the kettle is black. You dont have to remind us

Yup.

Former Romney healthcare adviser: Obamacare, Romneycare identical

Forum List

Back