Are you going to heaven?

I don't know much about all the other religions, someday i want to learn more, just to know! But you mention Muslim, and it's so hard for me to believe that our loving God would be the same god that they worship. I understand what you're saying though, and i think there's some truth in all the religions. And i can't help but believe though that the Christian religion is much closer to the truth than others.

And i'm sure even the Bible doesn't cover EVERYTHING that ever was written for it. I think people did remove certain chapters/versus. I often wonder what happened to Jesus fromt he time he was a very young man until he started evangelising (sp?) before his death. There's years missing. Why would the writers of the Bible just not write about him anymore for so long? There's lots of questions none of us will know the answers to until we are in God's presence.

I do too... but is that because it is, or because we were brought up in that religion? As far as Muslims go...I happen to think that organized religion has trappings. One of those trapping is power. The quest for and the retention of power in this world is not of God, no matter how much the zealots want us to believe it.

It wasn't of God when Christians were committing atrocities during the Crusade, or when women were drowned and burned at the stake for being "witches(which happened to be a loose term for a woman who didn't bow down to men's authority...ie: free Spirit)", nor is it of God what the Muslim Fundamentalists have been doing for decades.

Before Rome took over the religion, Christianity was probably much different.

AVG JOE,

You are able to articulate what led to your losing faith. Are you also able to articulate what led to your gaining it in the first place?

Of course. The ability to express myself clearly did not come with my self imposed fall from grace. It was there all along.

Great. How about doing so, then. I believe you know that is what I was asking.

I do - I'm just sneaking in for a snippet here and there when I get a break at work - I'll post the story after 5 EST.

As most who know me have probably guessed, giving my heart to Jesus was a process that started with a girl and became a life commitment that happened fast and deeply. It was 1989. It was a dark and stormy night.

:D

Seriously though… It did all start with a girl. I followed a redhead into church one day…..

And ended up counseling new believers at a Billy Graham Crusade. Even got my picture in the paper raising my hands to The Lord in praise and prayer.

Along the way I gave my heart to bible studies, youth ministry, street evangelizing and LOTS of quality partying without alcohol and sex called ‘fellowship’, all in service to Jesus. The redhead did not turn into AVG-WIFE, I started dating her 8 months later. AVG-WIFE is a good Christian girl and the first time for us was on our honeymoon. We were married in a traditional Quaker Wedding and voluntarily sold out to Jesus as a couple.

21 years later our marriage is old enough to drink and we're still rockin’… living large in FL, without the constraints of clothing, in a neighborhood of friends. Although this week has been cold and we’ve all been dressed a lot.

I've often stated that I don't regret my Christian life and ministry. I just don't buy the reason for the club to meet any more. When I stopped believing The Bible it became impossible to believe in The Bible. It also helped to see the tiny sliver of time that is occupied by the 6,000 year history of the Judeo-Christian story in the context of a more accurate rendering of the age of the Earth and Life as we know it.

Great. How about doing so, then. I believe you know that is what I was asking.

I do - I'm just sneaking in for a snippet here and there when I get a break at work - I'll post the story after 5 EST.

As most who know me have probably guessed, giving my heart to Jesus was a process that started with a girl and became a life commitment that happened fast and deeply. It was 1989. It was a dark and stormy night.

Seriously though… It did all start with a girl. I followed a redhead into church one day…..

And ended up counseling new believers at a Billy Graham Crusade. Even got my picture in the paper raising my hands to The Lord in praise and prayer.

Along the way I gave my heart to bible studies, youth ministry, street evangelizing and LOTS of quality partying without alcohol and sex called ‘fellowship’, all in service to Jesus. The redhead did not turn into AVG-WIFE, I started dating her 8 months later. AVG-WIFE is a good Christian girl and the first time for us was on our honeymoon. We were married in a traditional Quaker Wedding and voluntarily sold out to Jesus as a couple.

21 years later our marriage is old enough to drink and we're still rockin’… living large in FL, without the constraints of clothing, in a neighborhood of friends. Although this week has been cold and we’ve all been dressed a lot.

I've often stated that I don't regret my Christian life and ministry. I just don't buy the reason for the club to meet any more. When I stopped believing The Bible it became impossible to believe in The Bible. It also helped to see the tiny sliver of time that is occupied by the 6,000 year history of the Judeo-Christian story in the context of a more accurate rendering of the age of the Earth and Life as we know it.

You live in a nudist colony??

You live in a nudist colony??

We prefer to call it a nudist 'park', but that also has to do with the 26 beautiful acres we own.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/187194-taking-the-usmb-advice.html

Forum List

Back