Are you going to boycott Whole Foods Market?

whole foods is the most expensive market out there......

but they got some good stuff there....so i guess the owner is not entitled to his opinion....i have been to the one were i am at quite afew times....and his employees are happier than the regular food place workers....matter of fact my sister who applied there said the application list is pretty long....

The owner is entitled to his opinion only if he marches in lock-step with Obama.

Ill stop there next time I go to Ikea.

we were at ikea the other day looking at wall units.

Strange that, I too was at Ikea, stealing meatballs and singing Abba songs.

were those chef's salty balls?

as for the abba, well i guess you know the lyrics to abba songs, i can only do a little "la la la da da da" and then start thinking about other stuff, takes all of 30 seconds and its over, so all in all not to bad.

If you have cable watch the Pen and Teller slam on organic food.

hey those guys are good.....but Whole Foods is not all organic...they do offer them....they just buy from smaller ranches and farms and from people who seem to care more than the bigger ranches and farms about their product....better control maybe over what is added or used in getting the food to them....

Sounds like the black panthers are at it again!!!! Boycott!!!! Thank the muslim non citizen sitting in our whitehouse for being the biggest white hater in history!!!

went to whole foods today, two within 10 - 15 mins away. the older one is much smaller, the new one which I had not been to before today was huge. I was surprised to see a wine bar, a sushi bar, a pizza counter and another counter that had an assortment of foods. all these places were serving food in the store, pretty cool. so anyway i spent thirty bucks between eating and some other stuff. w00t!

Sounds like the black panthers are at it again!!!! Boycott!!!! Thank the muslim non citizen sitting in our whitehouse for being the biggest white hater in history!!!

I am white. If all white people were like you,Anna, I would hate white people.

I think Obama likes you. I have no reason why.

Anna, you make white people look bad. Thank goodness the majority of white people are not like you.

I like Whole Foods and boycotts are stupid.

But it probably wasn't the worlds smartest business move to publicly go against the politics of the average Whole Foods shopper, which I would say is 80-90% liberal.

But it probably wasn't the worlds smartest business move to publicly go against the politics of the average Whole Foods shopper, which I would say is 80-90% liberal.

a claim you cannot hope to verify.

Never even stepped foot in one of them before.

However I do like this place:

Home Furnishings, Home Décor and Living Room Furniture at World Market

They carry a lot of imported foods from around the world. Sometimes I get a hankerin' for some good Italian chocolate or cheeses, ya know?

I like World Market too! Whole Foods though is the best place to get sodium free products, they even carry a variety of sizes and types of products. The major supermarkets may have one size and type of product, say tomatoes for making soup or sauces, rarely are they on sale, though all the ones with sodium are.

When open I try to shop our farmer's market, but when not available Whole Foods has superior produce and there's always some on sale.

Would I do all my shopping there? No, way too expensive.

Correct, I have no statistical proof. But you can simply go off locations of stores as well as just looking at bumper stickers in the parking lots. Whole Foods are by and large urban stores that cater to upper middle class educated people. Generally a fairly liberal group.

Correct, I have no statistical proof. But you can simply go off locations of stores as well as just looking at bumper stickers in the parking lots. Whole Foods are by and large urban stores that cater to upper middle class educated people. Generally a fairly liberal group.

well the liberal group would be the lower class welfare recipients, not the upper middle riddle

Last edited:
Anyone ever heard of farmers' markets?

I mentioned them in the post above yours. ;)

So I see... now... :)

Farmers bring goods to our downtown area and sell one or two days a week. Best stuff around! Around here, (IL) they begin around the 1st of June and go to mid-Oct.

Not only that, there are local produce markets, year round, that fit the bill quite nicely. What do I need a "name" for?

Forum List

Back