Are You For Increasing The Debt Limit?

Revere is actually right. Unless the debt ceiling is raised, the next Congress must, i mean must spend only what they take in on the revenue side. In the real world, that means over a trillion dollars in cuts. Where is that gonna come from?

The righties have no answers.

Do it. Please do it.

Where did the $1T the Fed announced today it's going to print come from?

Revere is actually right. Unless the debt ceiling is raised, the next Congress must, i mean must spend only what they take in on the revenue side. In the real world, that means over a trillion dollars in cuts. Where is that gonna come from?

Do it. Please do it.

that doesn't make him right, it makes him a complete hypocrite.

I trust explicitly that a way exists to restructure the budget without raising the debt ceiling.

Do it. Please do it.

They print it from thin air. And it was $600 billion. We as tax payers are not responsible to repay it.

The debt ceiling has nothing to do with the deficit.

The hell it doesn't!

You claim to be a tea party advocate so live up to your Pledge to America or shrivel up and die.

No the tea party is a farce and as soon as the people see the cuts in the Federal Government and then realize how necessary each program is to our survival as one of the top nations in the country, they will be voted out in 2012.

Do it. Please do it.

I agree. Cut it across the board. Do it. That's what you were elected to do.

Can I say A f***ing men?

You're a moron. What, you think printing presses are busy making the 600 billion? How long do you think it would take to actually "print" that much money?

What they are doing is buying bonds you idiot.

Last edited:

You're insane if you think the Repugs were elected with a mandate for the economic disaster that you are advocating. Do it. Just try it. Pleeeeeease try it.

You're insane if you think the Repugs were elected with a mandate for the economic disaster that you are advocating. Do it. Just try it. Pleeeeeease try it.

I dunno what you have been reading but quite a few of them WERE elected with exactly that mandate.

You aren't an Earthling right?

Nope
Time to live with incoming revenues.

anarchologo.gif

Last edited:
I have no interest in turning over the corruption of the FED and the sissys in office over to the ill educated twats that are about to reach or just reached voting age .

Yesssss, burn baby burn. Get the tea partiers to actually burn stuff! It might actually be less destructive than what you are advocating.

We are not going to let you enslave people any further in debt.
You want to steal the opportunity from future generations so you can enjoy your sloth ?
Who promised you that ?

Why/Why not?

If the new GOP majority in the House had any balls, they would politely DECLINE to do what the gutless liberoidal Democratics refused to even address before they recessed for the midterm Elections. The liberoidal Democratics wanted to paint the GOP, the Party of "No" as a party of hypocrites. They wanted the GOP to have to be the ones to raise the debt limit. And when the issue does not get attended to during the lame duck session, the liberoidal Democratics will have succeeded in passing the buck.

The GOP congress will be faced with the absurd choice of either continuing to pay for all the commitments that have already been made by agreeing to raise the "debt limit [sic]" -- OR -- they will stand on principle, after they get inaugurated, and say, "No. We will not authorize an increase in the 'Debt limit [sic]' and so lots of 'programs' are going to have to come to an immediate halt."

My own suggestion is that an ORDERLY winding down of these ridiculous spending programs might make one final increase in the debt limit unavoidable. However, despite what I suspect "politics" will yield, I would PREFER that the newly installed GOP Congress choose to show some balls here.

Refuse to increase the debt limit and couple that with some practical magic. START cutting.

The PRESIDENT would certainly veto any cuts even if the Senate agreed with the House (unlikely).

The result will be that the massive spending programs will each go
UNFUNDED. Gridlock.

Gridlock is good.

There's a new sheriff in town.

police-state-sheriff-blazing-saddles.jpg.jpeg

If the debt limit is not increased, most of the federal government would shutdown and we would have the much dreaded double dip in the economy. Although it may not seem the case sometimes, most Congressman have not gone off the deep end. But not to worry, Congress will extend the debt limit. If they didn't the administration would see to it that they would be the first ones not to get a paycheck.

Why/Why not?

If the new GOP majority in the House had any balls, they would politely DECLINE to do what the gutless liberoidal Democratics refused to even address before they recessed for the midterm Elections. The liberoidal Democratics wanted to paint the GOP, the Party of "No" as a party of hypocrites. They wanted the GOP to have to be the ones to raise the debt limit. And when the issue does not get attended to during the lame duck session, the liberoidal Democratics will have succeeded in passing the buck.

The GOP congress will be faced with the absurd choice of either continuing to pay for all the commitments that have already been made by agreeing to raise the "debt limit [sic]" -- OR -- they will stand on principle, after they get inaugurated, and say, "No. We will not authorize an increase in the 'Debt limit [sic]' and so lots of 'programs' are going to have to come to an immediate halt."

My own suggestion is that an ORDERLY winding down of these ridiculous spending programs might make one final increase in the debt limit unavoidable. However, despite what I suspect "politics" will yield, I would PREFER that the newly installed GOP Congress choose to show some balls here.

Refuse to increase the debt limit and couple that with some practical magic. START cutting.

The PRESIDENT would certainly veto any cuts even if the Senate agreed with the House (unlikely).

The result will be that the massive spending programs will each go
UNFUNDED. Gridlock.

Gridlock is good.

There's a new sheriff in town.

police-state-sheriff-blazing-saddles.jpg.jpeg

You have earned a modicum of respect.

Just like the supplemental spending bills for the wars in Iraq that the dems alleged to oppose but still signed on to in support of those wars.

IT IS TIME to put a heel in the ground and oppose deficit spending at every and all bottleneck opportunities.

IT IS TIME to begin the process of cutting spending no matter how painful it is.

If the government shuts down for a month that is money saved!

It is NOT time to simply roll over on the only shard of a mandate the newbies and re elected can honestly claim.

Maybe it is time to grind down the Iraq and Afghanistan wars in 40 days. Or maybe it is time to cut spending across all depts by 12% within 40 days.

But it is definitely time to stop pretending that cutting the deficit is impossible. It is still easy compared to how difficult it will be 12 years from now.

I think we have to face reality - debt is a threat to our national security. The only way we are ever going to deal with our debt is when we have a crisis. Refusing to raise the debt ceiling will force such a crisis. It might be the only way to save our country.
...Or, ya' might get really creative....and, drop-back to the CLINTON TAX-RATES....and, (actually) start PAYING-DOWN The Debt!!! (....Again.)

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
If the debt limit is not increased, most of the federal government would shutdown and we would have the much dreaded double dip in the economy. Although it may not seem the case sometimes, most Congressman have not gone off the deep end. But not to worry, Congress will extend the debt limit. If they didn't the administration would see to it that they would be the first ones not to get a paycheck.

You assume that there is no room to compromise toward a solution. Anything Congress makes it can unmake, budgets included.

What is wrong with forcing congress and the president to remake the budget?

Forum List

Back