Are You For Increasing The Debt Limit?

No I am not for it, but for the next few years I can see no viable alternative.

I am very curious to see how the right will approach this when they get actual control of the house.

I think we have to face reality - debt is a threat to our national security. The only way we are ever going to deal with our debt is when we have a crisis. Refusing to raise the debt ceiling will force such a crisis. It might be the only way to save our country.

What do you propose to do about the $1T+ of debt Obama has already booked for this fiscal year?

Print another $1T at the Fed?

The MFer didn't answer the question.

Instead....deflection.

LOL!!!

I agree, absolutely not. Esp not today when we still have so many means to reduce spending.

12 years from now cutting spending will be as difficult as self lobotomizing. But today cutting spending is about as difficult as not buying the speedboat even tho it is a chick magnet.

I love it. I hope, dearly, that Rand Paul or some other whacked-out Tea Partier fillibusters a raising of the debt ceiling. OOOoooo, I hope they do it. Let the public actually see what happens when the lunatics are in charge.

Hell no. Our politicians havent even shown themselves reliable with the debt they have. It's like giving someone who has overcharged their credit cards a higher limit.

I love it. I hope, dearly, that Rand Paul or some other whacked-out Tea Partier fillibusters a raising of the debt ceiling. OOOoooo, I hope they do it. Let the public actually see what happens when the lunatics are in charge.

They have. The same lunatics that have been in charge are still in charge.

Unless your suggesting that the House now has the power to fillibuster.

Was Rand paul elected to the House dumbass?

The debt which would require raising that ceiling is already booked.

The Pledge had nothing to do with a deficit Obama already created.

It isn't booked. Hence the debt ceiling barrier.

Why are you doing a 180 on the most core value you have supported for the last 3 weeks?

Revere is actually right. Unless the debt ceiling is raised, the next Congress must, i mean must spend only what they take in on the revenue side. In the real world, that means over a trillion dollars in cuts. Where is that gonna come from?

The righties have no answers.

Do it. Please do it.

Was Rand paul elected to the House dumbass?

Of course not. The House was simply the only government that changed control.

Which, of course, was my point. You are whining about lunatics in charge when the same people who were in charge before are still in charge now.

The only arm of government that has changed leadership is the House which neither has Rand Paul nor can fillibuster.

The only thing that has changed in the Senate is Republicans have a few more seats. the power is still with the Democrats. Though I am sure that won't stop someone as honest as you from claiming it's all the Republicans fault.

Heaven forbid we take responsibility for ourselves.

Revere is actually right. Unless the debt ceiling is raised, the next Congress must, i mean must spend only what they take in on the revenue side. In the real world, that means over a trillion dollars in cuts. Where is that gonna come from?

The righties have no answers.

Do it. Please do it.

I agree. Cut it across the board. Do it. That's what you were elected to do.

Forum List

Back