Are you doing anything different

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
From avoiding the flu virus?

Not touching door handles with your bare hands? Or water fountains. Anything in a restroom. Wondering how clean the people who prepare your food when you eat out/get carry out hands are?

Tons of Yankee Candle and Bath & Body Works hand sanitizers... I have them everywhere...

Not touching door handles with your bare hands? Or water fountains. Anything in a restroom. Wondering how clean the people who prepare your food when you eat out/get carry out hands are?

I'm not getting the flu shots. Now I will say every morning I'm there with Clorox wipes on desks, laptops, doorknobs.

My 22 year old has been quite sick the past 3 days, he went to work today but was running a 102F temp yesterday. If i had control, he would have stayed home. His deal, already missed two days.

I am pretty careful anyways but my son already got it, and I think I had a small case of it so I am not too worried anymore.
I did have to use three different public restrooms yesterday and they all smelled like crap!

I take the bus to work. During the winter (June to August) I was very careful to avoid people coughing and sneezing (really, some folks don't even cough/sneeze into their hands). At work straight into the antibacterial stuff. Couple of times during the day into the antibacterial stuff again. After getting home go and wash hands with antibacterial soap. I never used to bother with that sort of routine, now I do it every day. And I do the medico handwash - web of fingers, both thumbs and the rest of it.

I have allergies in the fall/winter season ... so combined with my smoking I am always coughing and sneezing this time of year ... except in the desert.

No. I refuse to live in fear. i touch door handles, toilet levers and grocery carts. I do not use anti- bacterial cleaners or hand sanitizers.

And guess what? I haven't had the flu in over 15 years. Because I let my immune system do its job, it is stronger while you and your fellow germophobes are allowing yours to atrophy.

I cough in your general direction and watch you cringe.

Last edited:
No. I refuse to live in fear. i touch door handles, toilet levers and grocery carts. I do not use anti- bacterial cleaners or hand sanitizers.

And guess what? I haven't had the flu in over 15 years. Because I let my immune system do its job, it is stronger while you and your fellow germophobes are allowing yours to atrophy.

Are you the one spitting out your hockers on the sidewalk too?

Have you met Sinatra?

I avoid stepping on cracks in the sidewalk, keep garlic and poseys in my pockets and if someone sneezes around me I spin in a circle three times (both ways) then yell: Iggly, wiggly pop while jumping up and down flapping my arms.
Works every time.

I am pretty careful anyways but my son already got it, and I think I had a small case of it so I am not too worried anymore.
I did have to use three different public restrooms yesterday and they all smelled like crap!

You're supposed to flush when you're done.

Nope, same routine as any other year. Wash hands, wipe down doorknobs/handles/keyboards/phones, etc., and like Ravi, said keep your hands away from your face.

Are you the one spitting out your hockers on the sidewalk too?

Have you met Sinatra?

I never expectorate on the sidewalk.

I'm not doing anything different. I wash my hands before and after eating and when they get dirty. Why the need to be a germaphobe?

We have those wall mounted hand sanitizers at work and so people are always running to it, globbing a huge amount of that crap on their hands and rub it in with a smile thinking they've now become immune from AIDS!

When I was a kid I played outside in the dirt, got all the usual childhood diseases. I stopped taking the annual flu vaccine a few years ago when I noticed that the only time it seemed I got sick was when I took the vaccine!

Been perfectly healthy ever since.

I'm not getting the flu shots. Now I will say every morning I'm there with Clorox wipes on desks, laptops, doorknobs.

My 22 year old has been quite sick the past 3 days, he went to work today but was running a 102F temp yesterday. If i had control, he would have stayed home. His deal, already missed two days.

The wipes are ineffective because they evaporate too quickly. In order to be effective, the surface has to remain wet for 30 seconds to a minute.

Same thing with antiseptic hand cleaners...they have to be at least 60 percent alcohol, and you have to use it liberally, and it has to remain wet for the 30-60 seconds.

never do that stuff to begin with so im not doing anything new. always keep a hand sanitizer in your pocket

I'm not doing anything different. I wash my hands before and after eating and when they get dirty. Why the need to be a germaphobe?

We have those wall mounted hand sanitizers at work and so people are always running to it, globbing a huge amount of that crap on their hands and rub it in with a smile thinking they've now become immune from AIDS!

When I was a kid I played outside in the dirt, got all the usual childhood diseases. I stopped taking the annual flu vaccine a few years ago when I noticed that the only time it seemed I got sick was when I took the vaccine!

Been perfectly healthy ever since.

Another hysteric. The flu vaccine does not make people sick, unless they have an allergic reaction to the additives in it, which is why you have to answer a questionnaire before taking it.

You like to pick up the shit from public bathrooms on your feet and the various and assorted parasites and diseases that are associated with them, go right ahead.

I use a paper towel to turn on the water in public bathrooms (always have) I wash my hands with lots of soap and hot water up to my wrists for at least 30 seconds, and use another towel to turn off the water. I don't touch doorknobs with my bare hands, and never have.

And I taught my kids to do the same....also not to touch the sink with any part of their bodies (when they're little, their faces are at a level with the sink) when washing their hands. If it's a filthy bathroom and the sinks are wet, I wash their hands when we get home. I'd rather they caught a bug from their own asses than from someone with hep or a parasite from Mexico.

Forum List

Back